Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Plus the freaking Legion! Just wish more Legionares we included. Maybe more will show up at the end of the movie.

Eric Carrasco (screenwriter): They [the Legion of Superheroes] are the promise, that we'll still be here in a thousand years.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    In the video they explain why she was used. The innocent “fish out of water” character is a good foil to the gruff overly serious Batman.
    Exactly!

Love the 'new" trio; Terrific, Cruz and Ms. Martian.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-21-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

It's hard to look at it and not see it as a sequel to Justice League Unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If I knew more about the setup to this movie, I would almost certainly say it was part of the old DCAU. Animation, voice actors, a lot of the core members...

Either way, looks like a fun ride!
    Yeah, does there need to be an official announcement, either way?
    I think those who do want it to be in continuity will ignore any minor discrepancies and deem it canon.
    Those who don't, will just focus on things that make it supposedly impossible to be in continuity.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-22-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    That's a big problem I have with a lot of modern DC media. They're seemingly too dependent on Johns' version of certain characters/properties, to the exclusion of other exciting source material.

Thankfully, he never had a big influence on Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman.
    The number of DC media based on Johns versions of characters and properties is not that high. Titans (2018), Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans Go, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Batman and Harley are just top-of-my-head examples. Even Young Justice doesn't use Johns stuff much besides Ms Martian and his version of Superboy (which got downplayed). Also, Michael Holt isn't a Johns character and his characterization hasn't been shown much that we can assume they're using Johns' influence.

Can someone tell me what Emerald Empress said at 1:05

LOL "Lime-Light" that's cute!
    Hope it sticks.

Return of the Javelin!

Mano is super creepy
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-05-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Can someone tell me what Emerald Empress said at 1:05

LOL "Lime-Light" that's cute!
    Hope it sticks.

Return of the Javelin!

Mano is super creepy
    She said "We stop our enemies before they even start."
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    She said "We stop our enemies before they even start."
    Thanks!

So looks like Jessica becomes Limelight in the future.
    And the F5 have to go back in time to stop her.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-07-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I wonder how many times Superman will be taken out by electricity.

I'm opening bets at twice.
    LOL Superman will be taken out in the first big fight and be down for the rest of the flick.

The JL cartoon was awful that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    LOL Superman will be taken out in the first big fight and be down for the rest of the flick.

The JL cartoon was awful that way.
    Validus taking down Superman would actually be quite accurate. He was often portrayed as being more powerful than a Kryptonian. Even says so in his bio https://imgur.com/a/PtwdX5l

Seriously he's absurdly powerful if you look at all his feets https://comicvine.gamespot.com/valid...hread-1815705/

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Validus taking down Superman would actually be quite accurate. He was often portrayed as being more powerful than a Kryptonian. Even says so in his bio https://imgur.com/a/PtwdX5l

Seriously he's absurdly powerful if you look at all his feets https://comicvine.gamespot.com/valid...hread-1815705/
    Yes Superman will likely be a visual punching bag and temporarily taken out, nobody is arguing that won't happen. Point is against the same, Batman will likely remain standing, figuring it all out, that's what people are rightly joking about LOL!
    Anyway , that's how the battles play out, no surprise, Batman needs something to show he's useful.
    Eventually Superman gets to deliver some final blow though. It'as all good, and just fun action, nobody should be complaining about as it's mostly background stuff, and people focusing on what's meaningless.

The real story is the character drama, more interested to see how new-comers Mr. Terrific (although he''d cameoed), Ms Martian and how they are used here. And especially Star Boy (maybe unknowingly displaced in time) and Jessica Cruz (overcoming anxiety / fear) are developed. And how they are dealing with aspects of mental disorders.
    Very interesting.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Yes Superman will likely be a visual punching bag and temporarily taken out, nobody is arguing that won't happen. Point is against the same, Batman will likely remain standing, figuring it all out, that's what people are rightly joking about LOL!
    Anyway , that's how the battles play out, no surprise, Batman needs something to show he's useful.
    Eventually Superman gets to deliver some final blow though. It'as all good, and just fun action, nobody should be complaining about as it's mostly background stuff, and people focusing on what's meaningless.

The real story is the character drama, more interested to see how new-comers Mr. Terrific (although he''d cameoed), Ms Martian and how they are used here. And especially Star Boy (maybe unknowingly displaced in time) and Jessica Cruz (overcoming anxiety / fear) are developed. And how they are dealing with aspects of mental disorders.
    Very interesting.
    I'm not saying Superman will just be a punching bag and hope he's not. Just that anyone complaning about Superman being taken out by lighting may not know what they're talking about. Timm choose the Fatal Five cause he didn't want a bunch of faceless mooks to fight the League, but a crediable threat. That's what characters like Validus are.
    Last edited by Batknight; 02-08-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post

It’s about time we actually got a version of the 5 that was as powerful as they should be. This is a group of super villains with the moxie to take on arguably the most powerful superhero team ever. Why would a band of five actually think they could win unless they are hyper smart or stupid powerful.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So is it the trinity + Ms Martian, Starman, and Mr. Terrific or are there other league members present?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It’s about time we actually got a version of the 5 that was as powerful as they should be. This is a group of super villains with the moxie to take on arguably the most powerful superhero team ever. Why would a band of five actually think they could win unless they are hyper smart or stupid powerful.
    I loved the voice for Emerald Empress, it was sultry and menacing at the same time. They haven't even shown in the trailer how truly dangerous she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    So is it the trinity + Ms Martian, Starman, and Mr. Terrific or are there other league members present?
    You list "the trinity + Ms Martian, Starman, and Mr. Terrific and ask "are there other league members present?"

The cover (and spine) sneak peak(previous page), the trailer all heavily sets up and features Jessica Cruz Green Lantern (soon to be known as Limelight in the future).
    "Hand over the Lantern"
    "A Legacy in Danger"
    "We stop our enemies before they even start."

How did you ignore her? (unless that was on purpose snark, hard to read? LOL!)

Also Terrific: "no one is responding to our call" tells us something is keeping the more expected heroes.
    And of course we get the Legion.

Last edited by Güicho; 02-08-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The cover (and spine) sneak peak(previous page), the trailer all heavily sets up and features Jessica Cruz Green Lantern (soon to be known as Limelight in the future).
    "Hand over the Lantern"
    "A Legacy in Danger"
    "We stop our enemies before they even start."

How did you ignore her? (unless that was on purpose snark, hard to read? LOL!)

Also Terrific: "no one is responding to our call" tells us something is keeping the more expected heroes.
    And of course we get the Legion.
    To be honest I was confused as to whether she was being portrayed as also from the future, so I didn't know if it was Jessica as we know her. But I'm talking about the rest of the DCAU JL heroes. What you say about the Terrific quote makes sense.