Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I have a question that has been bothering me. His name is Shazam. He says the word Shazam to change. How does he tell anyone who he is without changing?
    Intent.

Which has precedence when it comes to fictional magic, anyway. How many times has Witch A told Witch B the words to the magical spell, but the spell doesn't work till Witch B "gets it"?

so in future films will they deal with other heroes from Fawcett comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so in future films will they deal with other heroes from Fawcett comics?
    Just the ones they own.

Given how Aquaman trounced Mary Poppins Returns at the box office, I no longer think every Disney release is a slam dunk, but do you guys think that Disney's live action Dumbo, being released a week before Shazam, will have a detrimental effect on Shazam's opening weekend and overall box office?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Given how Aquaman trounced Mary Poppins Returns at the box office, I no longer think every Disney release is a slam dunk, but do you guys think that Disney's live action Dumbo, being released a week before Shazam, will have a detrimental effect on Shazam's opening weekend and overall box office?
    Hard to say I for one have zero interest in Dumbo. Now if it was Lion King I'd say Shazam better hope the scrap are enough to get by on but Dumbo is an unknown to me. Never liked the animated version

I know nothing of this character, except that when playing 'Injustice' he starts off as a little kid and then turns into grown man, I find it weird. So when I eventually see the film, I look forward to going in fresh without any prior expectations.

Astonishing Member

Only one musical has ever crossed over the 200M mark so I really don't think that many people thought MP would have beat Aquaman in the first place.

But seeing as how Dumbo is directed by Tim Burton who hasn't had a mega hit since 2010 I think it's not going to hurt Shazam at all. I could be wrong but I think Dumbo is the weakest live action movie Disney is releasing this year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    But seeing as how Dumbo is directed by Tim Burton who hasn't had a mega hit since 2010 I think it's not going to hurt Shazam at all. I could be wrong but I think Dumbo is the weakest live action movie Disney is releasing this year.
    I agree with this, but not because Dumbo is a Tim Burton film.

Mighty Member

I think this will be a hit in theaters while Dumbo will get diminishing returns as i dislike these pointless live-action remakes of Disney animated films which are just moneygrabs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I think this will be a hit in theaters while Dumbo will get diminishing returns as i dislike these pointless live-action remakes of Disney animated films which are just moneygrabs
    Lots of movies are just moneygrabs, including Shazam.

Do you already dislike Shazam?

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    You could be right with this film but then Lion King is gonna make all the money and offset it completely. Aladdin probaly gonna do really well too. If I had to guess Aladdin 500-700m Lion King 1bil+

No Dumbo isn't going to be that detrimental on Shazam but box office wise the Next week tho is Hellboy and nothing major comes out the Week after. So Shazam has two weeks to do work before Avengers Endgame is being released. With probably Captain Marvel, Dumbo and Hellboy being its competition. I can see it doing to do good its opening week and the two weeks after but if Hellboy is actually good that could cut in it.

So Black Adam is no longer attached to Sucide Squad but instead suppose to get his own movie that start filming next year? Atleast thats what Emergency awesome said but I have no idea where he got that info last I heard there was a terrible idea to have him be the bad guy in Suicide Squad 2. Which woulda make no sense cause the Squad would all be dead before they could blink

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So Black Adam is no longer attached to Sucide Squad but instead suppose to get his own movie that start filming next year? Atleast thats what Emergency awesome said but I have no idea where he got that info last I heard there was a terrible idea to have him be the bad guy in Suicide Squad 2. Which woulda make no sense cause the Squad would all be dead before they could blink
    Black Adam was rumored for it way before Gunn was attached to the project, so if that was in the cards I highly doubt it is now.