Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Question- looking at the Wiki page, I noticed that a few of the kids were cast twice- as kids, and as adults. Are we going to see the entire Marvel family?
    spoilers:
    Yes, and its really well done
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Question- looking at the Wiki page, I noticed that a few of the kids were cast twice- as kids, and as adults. Are we going to see the entire Marvel family?
    Merchandise has spoiled that we're getting everyone's adult forms as well as the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man.

Considering how much of this is almost page-for-page from Johns' Shazam story, minus Black Adam, it's not too surprising.

The only time I've ever read Shazam, he was a supporting player in Kingdom Come. That, and his stint on the JLA back in the day (when he got crap for flirting with Stargirl).

The word is that this movie is a lot of fun. Very excited to watch this movie now.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I can't believe the early screenings were nearly two weeks ahead of the actual release.

But I guess that strategy is working, because I'm feeling very impatient...

Extraordinary Member

I'm so glad I went to the screening. It was awesome.

My cousin saw it and said it was more then he expected. He knew it would be funny but was surprised by how much heart it had. He said Levi steals the show and you feel like he is an older Billy because he seems to copy some of his mannerisms and ticks. Sivanna is bad he said but doesnt realy hurt the movie too much and then we got in a arguement becaus he complained about some really bad CGI. When a movie is made for 1/3 of a normal CBM nowadays I'm fine with weak CGI. As long as it's not so and It takes me out of the movie. And honestly that doesnt happenn much. Original Daredevil movie did it to me, and Justice League when Aquaman got smacked into the ceiling by Steppenwolf made me laugh out loud. But honestly I'm not to picky about CGI nornaly. Like I dont like the Obvious CGI backgrounds Snyder has used ever since 300(worked in 300 because of the style) but other then that idc.

Anyway his review got me even more excited to see this unfortunately I couldn't make the early showings so I gotta wait till next month.

Astonishing Member

Can't wait to watch Shazam. Probably will like this better than Aquaman since it looks like so much fun. I wonder if Pet Sematary will put a crink in Shazam's box office. So far it's got a 91% RT review on 34 reviews so I think it will finish fresh. People seem to love their horror. Plus it's a reboot of sorts so nostalgia might take away some dollars although it's basically a family film vs horror.

Ultimate Member

Its getting pretty great reviews.

From the spoilers, it seems to flat out be an adaptation of John's recent Shazam reboot.

Which is a bit surprising.

Shazam's Rotten Tomatoes Critics' Score is still 93% even though the number of reviews has increased to 71 (66 Fresh, 5 Rotten).

A movie has to be at 75% or more to be "Certified Fresh," so I think even once all reviews are in, the movie should not fall that much. I expect it to be DCEU's 2nd Certified Fresh film.

In other news, Dumbo's RT Critics' Score is only 52% Rotten with 82 reviews counted (43 Fresh, 39 Rotten).

Expect Dumbo 2nd weekend to be no competition for Shazam's opening.

It's just a shame that the "Want to See" score is no longer available because that would help the hype machine, but I guess the word of mouth I'm hearing indicates a strong Want to See anecdotally.

Will there be a sequence involving a Winnebago in the movie? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    And a weird red thing with flashing Christmas lights.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    I can't believe the early screenings were nearly two weeks ahead of the actual release.

But I guess that strategy is working, because I'm feeling very impatient...
    And generally studios only do this when their sure the movie will be well-reviewed....so they must have had confidence in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    lol, I hope the hell not.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Can't wait to watch Shazam. Probably will like this better than Aquaman since it looks like so much fun. I wonder if Pet Sematary will put a crink in Shazam's box office. So far it's got a 91% RT review on 34 reviews so I think it will finish fresh. People seem to love their horror. Plus it's a reboot of sorts so nostalgia might take away some dollars although it's basically a family film vs horror.
    I loved Aquaman. Made me tear up by how moving and epic it was at times, and I wasn't even a big Aquaman fan, but I was surprised how good it was. That said, I'll be very surprised if I like Shazam more than Aquaman.

I also loved Wonder Woman and I also cried a couple of times, but I liked Aquaman more.