Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Personally, while I like Mark Strong--and I enjoyed him as Sinestro--I'd rather have had Jackie Earle Haley play Sivana. I think it works better if there's a contrast between the Big Red Cheese and the mad scientist, where one is big and bulit and the other is small and weird.
    Interestingly, Jackie Early Haley did appear in an episode of the 1970s SHAZAM! Saturday morning TV series in the role of a juvenile delinquent.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

goldenknight2018

That is impossible; movie crews made the biggest fatal mistake, there no way people get out of the bus after the crash, people get killed and injuries yet, people walk out of the damage bus miracle. somebody goof

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hope that's part of the arc is him learning his actions have consequence. I mean hes a kid and just like Peter in Homecoming sometimes your gonna do the wrong thing and you cant always fix it. Cause yea anyone on that bus is not having a good day. Looks fun I'm still in
    That's what I've been thinking for a while too. Billy will have to learn the hard way that having powers and being a hero is not as easy and fun as it may seem to him. He has to learn something, it can't all be fun and laughs.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I was sold on it from the first trailer. Did not need the Eminem laden second trailer and actully will knock them for that, but otherwise I am excited as hell and cannot wait for this movie to drop.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Do you think someone at Marvel is looking at the positive reaction to Shazam and thinking "Damn, maybe we should have pushed for a Prime movie".

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Do you think someone at Marvel is looking at the positive reaction to Shazam and thinking "Damn, maybe we should have pushed for a Prime movie".

well, who knows. if those Malibu contracts are ever revisited again, maybe we can see some of the Ultraverse characters in movies. but not now. oh well.

Personally, while I like Mark Strong--and I enjoyed him as Sinestro--I'd rather have had Jackie Earle Haley play Sivana. I think it works better if there's a contrast between the Big Red Cheese and the mad scientist, where one is big and bulit and the other is small and weird.
    Part of my issue with Sivana in this is that it feels like they're using him as a stand-in for Black Adam.

Especially when he calls Billy the "Chosen One."

I already have it but still good to know it may get some publicity. It would be nice if they did the old movie serial too.

They are clearly teasing what the character's name will be going by the trailers. Sadly, I'm sure it won't be Captain Marvel.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Part of my issue with Sivana in this is that it feels like they're using him as a stand-in for Black Adam.

Especially when he calls Billy the "Chosen One."
    I wonder if they are trying to avoid Lex Luthor comparisons though you are probably right. Makes me wonder why they didn't just use Black Adam.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think they are just going with the Geoff Johns version were Sivana starts out big and buff and by the end the power will burn him out and twist him into the more shrivelled up version.

Retired

So are they going to reverse Steve Rogers Mark Strong? The guy is 6'2".

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I wonder if they are trying to avoid Lex Luthor comparisons though you are probably right. Makes me wonder why they didn't just use Black Adam.
    Probably because they couldn't, what with Dwayne Johnson being "cast" as Black Adam and wanting to spearhead his own solo movie rather then be the main villain of a Shazam film.

Retired

It's curious because Dwayne Johnson is an executive producer on SHAZAM! As he was also on FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY, where he used his celebrity to promote the movie and played a small role in the film (which was heaviy featured in the trailer).

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably because they couldn't, what with Dwayne Johnson being "cast" as Black Adam and wanting to spearhead his own solo movie rather then be the main villain of a Shazam film.
    And I like the Rock as much as the next guy but I really don't like him having tied up Black Adam for years for a movie that might not even see the light of day