Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    And I like the Rock as much as the next guy but I really don't like him having tied up Black Adam for years for a movie that might not even see the light of day
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Rock. I think it is all on WB and them not having any idea what they were doing up until the last year or so. I don't think Johnson would have any problem being the main villain in a Shazam movie honestly, and if this one hits I am betting Shazam 2 will be Shazam vs Black Adam.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Rock. I think it is all on WB and them not having any idea what they were doing up until the last year or so. I don't think Johnson would have any problem being the main villain in a Shazam movie honestly, and if this one hits I am betting Shazam 2 will be Shazam vs Black Adam.
    At this point, I don't think his ego would let him get his ass kicked in the climax of the movie as Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    At this point, I don't think his ego would let him get his ass kicked in the climax of the movie as Black Adam.
    Nothing about the rock says that would be true, he has a reputation of being real down to earth. Also if he wanted he could have been Shazam he picked Black Adam he knows what that means. DX just dont know what they want to do with him. First he was gonna be in Shazam and then he was gonna be in a MoS 2 and then he was in Suicide Squad 2 before James Gunn redid that film. and now supposedly maybe hes getting his own movie. I blame WB from wrapping him up in a character we mat never see. I'd rather him be playing someone in the MCU or DcEU that they are committed to bringing to screen. Cause he was cast years ago and hasnt even gotten a cameo yet. Honestly think it was just stunt casting, and they cast him before they even knew what they wanted to do

Saw a report that Idris Elba has replaced Will Smith as Deadshot in James Gunns Suicide Squad. Is this confirmed? Elba will defiently allow for the character to less heroic. Wonder if the rest the cast like Jai Courtney and AAA are coming back

Social media reactions are out for Shazam. Looks like we've got another DC victory.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Social media reactions are out for Shazam. Looks like we've got another DC victory.
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that people have already seen the movie or just that they're reacting positively to the trailers?

Can you provide links?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that people have already seen the movie or just that they're reacting positively to the trailers?

Can you provide links?
    Just google Shazam its top news. Positive reviews, they sound good cant wait to see this

So now I've seen reports that Idris is the new Deadshot and that King shark is gonna the most recognizable villian as part of his team it was like Kingshar,k ratcatcher,Polka dot man and Peacekeeper. Iono who half of them are but that's good imo. I'll actually believe they are expendable and can die at any moment.

Ok, so I googled Shazam and here are some links I've found:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-re...-dc-1833143689

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...witter-roundup

https://www.nme.com/news/film/damn-n...are-in-2459029

Basically, the speculation is that even though reviews are embargoed until March 23, Warners allowed a screening for some critics and allowed their twitter reactions to be posted now in order to coincide with the release of Captain Marvel. Warners seems to be very confident in Shazam and wanted to light the fire asap.

Is it going too far to say Warners hopes Shazam steals a little of Captain Marvel's thunder? Quite frankly, it's a good strategy on Warners' part because Shazam does have to contend with both Dumbo and Hellboy next month even before Endgame.

Anyway, since Avengers Endgame will obviously get the ravest of rave reviews, we are in a really good period right now with Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Shazam, and yes, Alita all being well-received by the public (or early critics in Shazam's case).

Hopefully, Dark Phoenix won't mess up that story a second time, and New Mutants and Joker deliver on their promises to take us into quasi-horror territory for something new.

This could be a great year for CBMs as there is a bit more variety than normal, and I think that's good for the future of CBMs as a film genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Is it going too far to say Warners hopes Shazam steals a little of Captain Marvel's thunder? Quite frankly, it's a good strategy on Warners' part because Shazam does have to contend with both Dumbo and Hellboy next month even before Endgame.
    Hellboy will flop. Dumbo...are people even looking forward to it?

Anyway, it's exactly what Disney did when they dropped the second The Force Awakens teaser the same weekend as WB's BvS IMAX preview. Disney could have saved it as a Celebration exclusive for one week, but did not. Par for the course.

Every blogger is saying the movie is fantastic.

Mighty Member

So the toys are now on shelves...

And, well...the toys themselves are sort of a spoiler, aren't they? To the general audience unfamiliar with Shazam!/Captain Marvel. Me, I kinda guessed (well hoped) it would happen, what the toys spoil.

This movie is gonna be sooo awesome...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So the toys are now on shelves...

And, well...the toys themselves are sort of a spoiler, aren't they? To the general audience unfamiliar with Shazam!/Captain Marvel. Me, I kinda guessed (well hoped) it would happen, what the toys spoil.

This movie is gonna be sooo awesome...
    NO they are not a spoiler.

Especially if the only toys on the shelf are of him and not the rest. I saw them and nobody was bothering with them.

I think you are going to see the same result with them as we saw with WW & Aquaman & Justice League-nobody bothering with them or some store being sleazy and putting them on clearance.

Yes TARGET is guilty of this and they seem to love to do it to DC movie products. They did WW dirty with hers on clearance the second week of her film being out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO they are not a spoiler.

Especially if the only toys on the shelf are of him and not the rest.
    Well, no, its just him and Sivana on the shelves like it was months ago. Its "everyone" now.

I think you are going to see the same result with them as we saw with WW & Aquaman & Justice League-nobody bothering with them or some store being sleazy and putting them on clearance.

Yes TARGET is guilty of this and they seem to love to do it to DC movie products. They did WW dirty with hers on clearance the second week of her film being out.
    Hmm...I am talking about Target here, and I *think* what they did was break "street date" by releasing them NOW instead of AFTER the movie. Typically things that can spoil the movie (including scores to movies with a track along the lines of "[Important Character] Dies") are held until either the day of or after the movie. But Target doesn't care apparently. And yes I have been seeing DC stuff on clearance early and thought it was kind of weird but hey great for collectors I guess. I kinda want to get that Aquaman 10 inch figure fourpack I've been seeing (Arthur, Orm, Manta, and Merk), though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well, no, its just him and Sivana on the shelves like it was months ago. Its "everyone" now.

Hmm...I am talking about Target here, and I *think* what they did was break "street date" by releasing them NOW instead of AFTER the movie. Typically things that can spoil the movie (including scores to movies with a track along the lines of "[Important Character] Dies") are held until either the day of or after the movie. But Target doesn't care apparently. And yes I have been seeing DC stuff on clearance early and thought it was kind of weird but hey great for collectors I guess. I kinda want to get that Aquaman 10 inch figure fourpack I've been seeing (Arthur, Orm, Manta, and Merk), though.
    Don't most people just buy their action figures from Amazon.com anymore anyway. I know that is where I buy them now because I can never find what I want in the brick and mortar stores.