Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And that's part of the reason why Hoods group did okay at least for awhile. It was largely a bunch of C list villains who were used to being minions anyways, so there weren't too many conflicting egos.

Plus, the Hood wasn't that bad a guy (by villain standards at least). He treated the people who worked for him OKAY and in turn they stuck around longer than most groups like this tend to.
    Hood's gang was a different extreme and not much better, IMO. They weren't an organization, so much as a gang that was his muscle and props to show that he was a mover and shaker.

The closest his organization ever came to acting organized was in House of M, and that really didn't count

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    My favorite tie-in was Ultron vs. Daredevil. Ann Nocenti and John Romita Jr. were very good at event tie-ins and this one was as bizarre as you would expect such a matchup to be, while still fitting completely within the spirit of the run.
    Yep. That was the stand-out one for me, as well.

Astonishing Member

The Spider-Man stories during the Acts of Vengeance crossover were cool.Spider-Man got cosmic powers during the crossover so this provided stories were Spider-Man defeated Hulk.
    The Magneto story against the Red Skull was great as well.The Daredevil story against Ultron is another one i think was one of the best ones.
    Quasar against Absorbing Man and the Hulk against the Grey Gargoyle were other stories that were good.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved it because it reminded me of the old days when you would see villains jumping around between books. At the time this came out it was when the group editors were getting real stingy about letting other writers play with their toys. The Spider-Man office being the worst offender. They hate letting ANYONE use any spider villain anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved it because it reminded me of the old days when you would see villains jumping around between books. At the time this came out it was when the group editors were getting real stingy about letting other writers play with their toys. The Spider-Man office being the worst offender. They hate letting ANYONE use any spider villain anymore.
    It never really made sense at all that heroes didn't bump into each others villains more often. 90% of the marvel universe operates out of the exact same city. They all practically should be tripping over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It never really made sense at all that heroes didn't bump into each others villains more often. 90% of the marvel universe operates out of the exact same city. They all practically should be tripping over each other.
    eh. I tend to frequent the same places in a relatively small town. but I rarely ever run into people I know. and I think that happened because I consciously picked my routine because it limited my exposure to people who I would have to do more than exchange a head nod with. could be the same way in New York. the heroes and villains have their routines; consciously avoid heroes and other villains who are out of their weight class.

Mighty Member

Wolverine vs Shark guy was good , so was Punisher vs doombots

this should be done again. But with looser connections between the villains. No manipulation by Loki in disguise.