Mighty Member

Default ACTS OF VENGEANCE : in the DCU?

How do you think AOV would work in the DCU? Who should face who? Who should be in charge? (Lex, Rha's, Grodd, King Cobra, Mongul , others?)
    Solomon Grundy vs Aquaman on land? Black manta vs catwoman underwater. Maybe 1989 characters if you wanna be a purist (eg late 80's Starman vs Killer Frost etc)

Feel free to discuss...

Did you read Forever Evil?

Boisterously Confused

Seems like I read that story once...
    Image.jpg
    With that out of my system...

It would make sense for Bat-villains to go after somebody like Green Arrow or Black Canary. It would also make sense to sic somebody like Grodd on Superman or Green Lantern, and Bizarro on Wonder Woman or The Flash.

I think Lex would be in charge. He has the brains to put it all together. The Bat villains would go after a street level like Green Arrow as stated above. I would like to see a bizarro vs Green Lantern. Maybe Sinestro vs Superman or Wonder Woman. Have the Injustice League vs the Titians or Jsa
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I think Lex would be in charge. He has the brains to put it all together. The Bat villains would go after a street level like Green Arrow as stated above. I would like to see a bizarro vs Green Lantern. Maybe Sinestro vs Superman or Wonder Woman. Have the Injustice League vs the Titians or Jsa
    Luthor would always try to be in charge. As would Vandal Savage. And Ras al-Ghul. And Black Manta. And Veronica Cale. And Hugo Strange. And Grodd. And Sinestro. And Hector Hammond. And ...

I'd love to see an event Where Egos Clash...

[eta] This is something I thought was a flaw in the Young Justice toon. I don't care how much they thought they needed help against The JL; Luthor, Ras al Guhl, Queen Bee, Black Manta, The Brain, and Vandal Savage all in the same club is a simmering pot of backstabbing mere seconds from boiling over.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 01-22-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Mighty Member

What are some DC comics that were kind of similar to AOV?

there was batman - Prodigal , where Dick takes up being Batman and fights foes like Croc and ratcather. Foes he has never fought before

Batman vs Toyman mini. What was this one like?

Brave and the Bold cartoon where Lex, Joker and Cheetah "swap dance partners"

- The Shark (GL villain) v. Aquaman
    - The Joker v. Wonder Woman
    - Reverse-Flash v. Green Lantern (Hal)
    - Bane v. Mr Terrific
    - The Riddler v. The Question (Vic - and for real this time)
    - Cyborg Superman v. Cyborg
    - Fatal 5 v. Doom Patrol
    - Ares v. Orion

No idea who would be the ultimate ring-leader or why they'd have them mix it up this way... Maybe The Time Trapper?

Mighty Member

I like your choices. WW and Joker clashed in the mid-90's (great excuse for a Brian Bolland Joker cover at least) and didn't Riddler once clash with Question in his late 80's series?

Another clash I liked was Riddler vs Impulse back in 1999. Gotham was earthquake ravaged and Nygma had nowhere to practice his puzzles. He hoped to tackle Flash using Bart as bait but Impulse proved to be more than he bargained for. (Great Issue, check it out! )

Would have loved a 2000 Harley vs Impulse clash. She could try to abduct him as a surprise present for her puddin' seeking revenge for Impulse #50. She bumps off the annoying child psychologist at Bart's school and poses as his replacement. Using pheromones she borrowed from Ivy she....

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    ... and didn't Riddler once clash with Question in his late 80's series?
    Yeah, that's what I meant by "for real this time" in my entry. They met, but it was a non-traditional encounter that became more philosophical in nature (as was the theme of that series). What I'd like to see is a classic matching of wits where The Question has to solve the Riddler's puzzles, etc. (and of course defeat him at the end with some kind of outside-the-box thinking)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eh... they already switch around villains often enough I don't have any more idea. There's Ivy hypnotizing Superman, The Flash fighting Cheetah, Lex and Bruce in their billionaire rivalry, Superman fought Apollo in New 52 and Ares in Injustice, Riddler trapped The Flash, Prankster facing Nightwing, Zod against the Green Lanterns, Sinestro vs Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - The Shark (GL villain) v. Aquaman
    - The Joker v. Wonder Woman
    - Reverse-Flash v. Green Lantern (Hal)
    - Bane v. Mr Terrific
    - The Riddler v. The Question (Vic - and for real this time)
    - Cyborg Superman v. Cyborg
    - Fatal 5 v. Doom Patrol
    - Ares v. Orion

No idea who would be the ultimate ring-leader or why they'd have them mix it up this way... Maybe The Time Trapper?
    Joker vs Wonder Woman isn’t a fight.

Also Fatal 5 vs Doom Patrool 😬
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Joker vs Wonder Woman isn’t a fight.
    Not in a "throw them into a ring together" kind of way, (although Harley did okay vs the Trinity ) but Joker v Batman isn't really a fight either, and Superman's arch-enemy is Lex Luthor. The challenge of fighting the Joker isn't usually about a physical confrontation.

Extraordinary Member

If I'm remembering correctly, it was Loki who was the mastermind of the whole plot and the main team he brought together consisted of Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Magneto, Kingpin, the Wizard, and the Mandarin. And, they then pitted a bunch of lower level villains against different heroes from the ones said villains normally fought in order to throw them off? Am I getting that right?

So I guess in order to make the same thing happen in the DCU, you need (1) a core group of the heaviest hitters in the DCU from different heroes' rogues galleries at the head of the conspiracy and (2) a bunch of lower level villains being matched up against heroes they don't usually fight.

That kind of sounds like what the Young Justice TV show has done with the Light. At least, the first part does.

So, for the first part, I'd say the core group of masterminds would be at least 7-10 big-name villains, but villains that seem more Earth-bound. For my picks, I'd say: Lex Luthor, Ra's al Ghul and/or Talia al Ghul, Black Mask, Vandal Savage, Deathstroke, Ocean Master, Black Adam, and Ares. You can cut that down or swap out some of those core villains for others. For example, you could throw Circe or Lady Shiva in there. Or you could swap out Vandal Savage or Ocean Master with the likes of Gorilla Grodd or Black Manta, respectively, or even throw in the Joker in the place of Black Mask. I left out the likes of Sinestro, Mongul, Trigon, and Darkseid because, again, this seems like it was more for Earth-bound villains, not cosmic ones.

As for the mastermind of the scheme, I'd say Lex is a likely candidate, but I'd like to see it be Ares, if only to switch it up and give Ares a bit more clout as a villainous and strategic mastermind.

As for the second part, the matchups, I'd like to see:

Ares vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Joker vs. Wonder Woman
    Cheetah vs. Supergirl
    Black Manta vs. Flash (Wally West)
    Circe vs. Flash (Barry Allen)
    Black Adam vs. Batman
    Clayface vs. Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Cheshire vs. Superboy (Conner Kent)
    Lobo vs. Green Arrow
    Solomon Grundy vs. Firestorm
    Lex Luthor vs. Starfire, Raven, and Gar
    Gorilla Grodd vs. Superman
    Klarion vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    Killer Frost vs. Robin (Tim Drake)
    Psimon vs. Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain

And then it all goes to crap when they try to control Doomsday and send him to take out Nightwing.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-27-2019 at 10:48 AM.

BANNED

Mine would be somewhat inspired by the Light in Young Justice.

Lex, Ras, Vandal, Circe, Black Adam, The Brain, Ocean Master.

Vandal vs Batman
    Lex vs Captain Marvel
    Circe vs Superman
    Ocean Master vs Wonder Woman
    The Brain (with the Brotherhood of Evil) vs the Flash family
    Black Adam vs Green Lantern
    Ras and the League vs the Arrow family

Astonishing Member

It would probably look something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_Unleashed