Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    So do all of Peter’s hero friends know that he was body swapped in the original Supeior run? Did he post on a superhero Facebook group: “ICYMI: Doc Ock was running around in my body last year. If I was a dick to you recently, that’s why. Sorry. See you at Tony’s next soiree, Sincerely, YFNSM”

Cuz other heroes gotta be wondering what’s going on now that both Amazing and Superior are swinging around. Or maybe they don’t give a **** and chalk it up to more cloning nonsense. Haha.
    The first issue of Worldwide answered that.

Superior Ock is in SF so he's a problem for West Coast and mostly he interacts with the Spider-Vers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    ....It's just a glaring continuity flub. If Otto knew that Victor Von Doom had to leave the college he was attending how did he not know the circumstances nor how did he not know that he does have a doctorate. And further, you can just google if someone has one or not because ceremonies are public knowledge. I get that Otto would try to view himself as Superior for having one, but this is kind of a weird hill to die on considering that the honorary doctorate was as a result of the first one, not the ones following.
    I took it as Otto being Otto, in other words, a jerk.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Superior Ock is in SF so he's a problem for West Coast and mostly he interacts with the Spider-Vers.
    I don’t remember how they answered it. Can you remind me how he let everyone know?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Actually, it was the first and second issues in the first post-Superior Amazing series that answered that. Specifically, Spider-Man went to see the Avengers and personally explained to them what happened between him and Otto and the whole "Superior" debacle. (Worldwide launched after Secret Wars.) My take, though, was that the Avengers wanted to move past it because they were embarrassed at themselves for the security risk they let into their ranks while they were busy worrying about "bigger problems."
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 02-03-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually, it was the first and second issues in the first post-Superior Amazing series that answered that. (Worldwide launched after Secret Wars.) My personal take, though, was that the Avengers wanted to move past it because they were embarrassed at themselves for the security risk they let into their ranks while they were busy worrying about "bigger problems."
    When you consider Avengers #200, it definitely isn't the worst thing they lived down...

Thanks for the correction.

When you consider Avengers #200, it definitely isn't the worst thing they lived down...

Thanks for the correction.
    Oh, Avengers 200. What an atrocity of a "milestone issue." Less spoken of that, the better. And you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually, it was the first and second issues in the first post-Superior Amazing series that answered that. Specifically, Spider-Man went to see the Avengers and personally explained to them what happened between him and Otto and the whole "Superior" debacle. (Worldwide launched after Secret Wars.) My take, though, was that the Avengers wanted to move past it because they were embarrassed at themselves for the security risk they let into their ranks while they were busy worrying about "bigger problems."
    Also, in ASM #5 while Petey and Silk are battling Black Cat and Electro on television Spider-Man looks into the camera and explains to the viewers that Octavius had control of his body the past months.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Also, in ASM #5 while Petey and Silk are battling Black Cat and Electro on television Spider-Man looks into the camera and explains to the viewers that Octavius had control of his body the past months.
    And he does try to explain to Felicia, in ASM #3, but Felicia's in full psycho villain mode due to having her life ruined by Otto's actions and won't listen to anything Peter says.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Right. Thanks y’all

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Again, may I reiterate and weirdly to the guy who writes this (despite him should knowing this) Victor Von Doom didn't drop out of college.

He activated a machine which blew up part of the college he was attending at the time, and it disfigured him as much as it caused property damage. He got kicked out for that. He didn't drop out he was effectively banished.
    Also as a weird continuity note, Victor does have a degree, multiples. He mentions this in Infamous Iron man that the physical doctorates are among the rubble of his castle. He did start with bestowing himself a Latverian doctorate but he does have others.

It's just a glaring continuity flub. If Otto knew that Victor Von Doom had to leave the college he was attending how did he not know the circumstances nor how did he not know that he does have a doctorate. And further, you can just google if someone has one or not because ceremonies are public knowledge. I get that Otto would try to view himself as Superior for having one, but this is kind of a weird hill to die on considering that the honorary doctorate was as a result of the first one, not the ones following.
    Doom is a fraud. Otto was being charitable.

I'm formally putting Doctor Octavius in that 3rd spot for 616 geniuses.

"Oh God. Please don't tell me the only thing standing between San Francisco and agonizing death is Otto freakin' Octavius."

BANNED

Doctor Doom going to college and so on doesn't count. He's several times more brilliant than Otto ever will be. And Octopus isn't fit to touch Doom's hem.

Doom is the only competition to Reed Richards, he's someone who Iron Man has doubts about, he's talked sorcery with Dr. Strange. All Otto ever did was hack Peter "Satanist" Parker's body.

Doom remember punk'd Mephisto by freeing his mother's soul from captivity. So to him, Spider-Man and Octopus are sub-basic.

victor is outclassed by two little girls lol
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    victor is outclassed by two little girls lol
    One of those little girls is his goddaughter, who he absolutely adores . . . aside from what he did in Unthinkable, which definitely earned its name.

Hope we get a Superior Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock