Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Cheers, mate. I also have Batman ones as well.
    Speaking of Batman I found a Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) Titan Heroes for my collection at Walmart today. She's also pretty rare (most of the female characters are, or so it seems) so I felt pretty lucky.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-27-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    My favourite SpOck moments in Spider-Geddon...

Superior Spider-Man as the Superior Octopus no selling Miles Venom blast and getting shouted down by Spider-Gwen standing up on her toes to reach.
    My favorite moment was Miles and Otto coming to a compromise.

spoilers from Spider-Geddon

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    My favorite moment was Miles and Otto coming to a compromise.

spoilers from Spider-Geddon

I liked their interactions a lot.

Also... the catchphrase will NEVER be retired! More dies, more casting.

Finally got around to purchasing the first 2 issues of Superior. This is different from the first run as he's not trying to prove he's a better Peter Parker but actually trying to be a better Otto Octavius. He brings up an interesting possibility about his previous transgressions being caused by mental issues that plagued his old body. I guess a new Peter/Otto brain allows him to think better(?). Looks like he's going for more heroism than douchebaggery.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

3 things I noticed;
    1) Otto has impressive weaponry
    2) His new body can take a helluva a$$whippin
    3) Otto has little respect for people who drop out of college and then stick a "Doctor" in front of their name.

iMan 42s

Again, may I reiterate and weirdly to the guy who writes this (despite him should knowing this) Victor Von Doom didn't drop out of college.

He activated a machine which blew up part of the college he was attending at the time, and it disfigured him as much as it caused property damage. He got kicked out for that. He didn't drop out he was effectively banished.
    Also as a weird continuity note, Victor does have a degree, multiples. He mentions this in Infamous Iron man that the physical doctorates are among the rubble of his castle. He did start with bestowing himself a Latverian doctorate but he does have others.

It's just a glaring continuity flub. If Otto knew that Victor Von Doom had to leave the college he was attending how did he not know the circumstances nor how did he not know that he does have a doctorate. And further, you can just google if someone has one or not because ceremonies are public knowledge. I get that Otto would try to view himself as Superior for having one, but this is kind of a weird hill to die on considering that the honorary doctorate was as a result of the first one, not the ones following.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Finally got around to purchasing the first 2 issues of Superior. This is different from the first run as he's not trying to prove he's a better Peter Parker but actually trying to be a better Otto Octavius. He brings up an interesting possibility about his previous transgressions being caused by mental issues that plagued his old body. I guess a new Peter/Otto brain allows him to think better(?). Looks like he's going for more heroism than douchebaggery.

I guess the true test will be how he handles the Power Cosmic after defeating Terrax and before it dissipates...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Again, may I reiterate and weirdly to the guy who writes this (despite him should knowing this) Victor Von Doom didn't drop out of college.

He activated a machine which blew up part of the college he was attending at the time, and it disfigured him as much as it caused property damage. He got kicked out for that. He didn't drop out he was effectively banished.
    yeah so he's a drop out
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yeah so he's a drop out
    The distinction seems to be that he sees a dropout as someone who chooses to leave, not as someone forced out.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Surprisingly I am enjoying this title. I couldn’t even make it through the first Superior Spider-Man title years back but so far I am digging this series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The distinction seems to be that he sees a dropout as someone who chooses to leave, not as someone forced out.
    Yes, but I would say that Otto's point of view doesn't allow for any such excuses.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given the positive response to Octavia in Spider Verse I wonder whether they should turn her into a villain in the comics and keep her in the villain Doc Ock role whilst Otto remains an anti hero as either Superior Spider-Man or Superior Octopus? It would relay the inevitable fear that someone undoes all of Otto’s development as a character and give the Spider family and the wider Marvel Universe a new solid female villainess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given the positive response to Octavia in Spider Verse I wonder whether they should turn her into a villain in the comics and keep her in the villain Doc Ock role whilst Otto remains an anti hero as either Superior Spider-Man or Superior Octopus? It would relay the inevitable fear that someone undoes all of Otto’s development as a character and give the Spider family and the wider Marvel Universe a new solid female villainess.
    Marvel as a rule don't do that kind of stuff. Eventually Superior Octopus will be phased out. Especially since he doesn't have crossover adaptation chops.

If anything Liv Octopus who is a psycho-scientist and gangster and far less redeemable than Molina's Octopus will only convince people that Dr. Octopus works primarily and translates best as a villian.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

So do all of Peter’s hero friends know that he was body swapped in the original Supeior run? Did he post on a superhero Facebook group: “ICYMI: Doc Ock was running around in my body last year. If I was a dick to you recently, that’s why. Sorry. See you at Tony’s next soiree, Sincerely, YFNSM”

Cuz other heroes gotta be wondering what’s going on now that both Amazing and Superior are swinging around. Or maybe they don’t give a **** and chalk it up to more cloning nonsense. Haha.