Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 140
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Cheers, mate. I also have Batman ones as well.
    Speaking of Batman I found a Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) Titan Heroes for my collection at Walmart today. She's also pretty rare (most of the female characters are, or so it seems) so I felt pretty lucky.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-27-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    "I'm sorry, but your story isn't adding up. I think your religion is a lie to keep my mouth shut."

  2. #17
    Mighty Member Johnny Peril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lands of Always Winter
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    My favourite SpOck moments in Spider-Geddon...





    Superior Spider-Man as the Superior Octopus no selling Miles Venom blast and getting shouted down by Spider-Gwen standing up on her toes to reach.
    My favorite moment was Miles and Otto coming to a compromise.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    spoilers from Spider-Geddon
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .


    "The greatest trick the Batman ever pulled was making people think he always has a plan"

  3. #18
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    My favorite moment was Miles and Otto coming to a compromise.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    spoilers from Spider-Geddon
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .


    I liked their interactions a lot.

    Also... the catchphrase will NEVER be retired! More dies, more casting.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Johnny Peril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lands of Always Winter
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Finally got around to purchasing the first 2 issues of Superior. This is different from the first run as he's not trying to prove he's a better Peter Parker but actually trying to be a better Otto Octavius. He brings up an interesting possibility about his previous transgressions being caused by mental issues that plagued his old body. I guess a new Peter/Otto brain allows him to think better(?). Looks like he's going for more heroism than douchebaggery.



    "The greatest trick the Batman ever pulled was making people think he always has a plan"

  5. #20
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,061
    Omega Level Rodent Fighter

  6. #21
    Mighty Member Johnny Peril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lands of Always Winter
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    3 things I noticed;
    1) Otto has impressive weaponry
    2) His new body can take a helluva a$$whippin
    3) Otto has little respect for people who drop out of college and then stick a "Doctor" in front of their name.



    "The greatest trick the Batman ever pulled was making people think he always has a plan"

  7. #22
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Again, may I reiterate and weirdly to the guy who writes this (despite him should knowing this) Victor Von Doom didn't drop out of college.

    He activated a machine which blew up part of the college he was attending at the time, and it disfigured him as much as it caused property damage. He got kicked out for that. He didn't drop out he was effectively banished.
    Also as a weird continuity note, Victor does have a degree, multiples. He mentions this in Infamous Iron man that the physical doctorates are among the rubble of his castle. He did start with bestowing himself a Latverian doctorate but he does have others.

    It's just a glaring continuity flub. If Otto knew that Victor Von Doom had to leave the college he was attending how did he not know the circumstances nor how did he not know that he does have a doctorate. And further, you can just google if someone has one or not because ceremonies are public knowledge. I get that Otto would try to view himself as Superior for having one, but this is kind of a weird hill to die on considering that the honorary doctorate was as a result of the first one, not the ones following.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  8. #23
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Finally got around to purchasing the first 2 issues of Superior. This is different from the first run as he's not trying to prove he's a better Peter Parker but actually trying to be a better Otto Octavius. He brings up an interesting possibility about his previous transgressions being caused by mental issues that plagued his old body. I guess a new Peter/Otto brain allows him to think better(?). Looks like he's going for more heroism than douchebaggery.



    I guess the true test will be how he handles the Power Cosmic after defeating Terrax and before it dissipates...

  9. #24
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Again, may I reiterate and weirdly to the guy who writes this (despite him should knowing this) Victor Von Doom didn't drop out of college.

    He activated a machine which blew up part of the college he was attending at the time, and it disfigured him as much as it caused property damage. He got kicked out for that. He didn't drop out he was effectively banished.
    yeah so he's a drop out
    Omega Level Rodent Fighter

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yeah so he's a drop out
    The distinction seems to be that he sees a dropout as someone who chooses to leave, not as someone forced out.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,735

    Default

    Surprisingly I am enjoying this title. I couldn’t even make it through the first Superior Spider-Man title years back but so far I am digging this series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), & Iron Man.

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Shazam,Guardians of The Galaxy, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, & Spider-Man Life Story.

  12. #27
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The distinction seems to be that he sees a dropout as someone who chooses to leave, not as someone forced out.
    Yes, but I would say that Otto's point of view doesn't allow for any such excuses.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Given the positive response to Octavia in Spider Verse I wonder whether they should turn her into a villain in the comics and keep her in the villain Doc Ock role whilst Otto remains an anti hero as either Superior Spider-Man or Superior Octopus? It would relay the inevitable fear that someone undoes all of Otto’s development as a character and give the Spider family and the wider Marvel Universe a new solid female villainess.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given the positive response to Octavia in Spider Verse I wonder whether they should turn her into a villain in the comics and keep her in the villain Doc Ock role whilst Otto remains an anti hero as either Superior Spider-Man or Superior Octopus? It would relay the inevitable fear that someone undoes all of Otto’s development as a character and give the Spider family and the wider Marvel Universe a new solid female villainess.
    Marvel as a rule don't do that kind of stuff. Eventually Superior Octopus will be phased out. Especially since he doesn't have crossover adaptation chops.

    If anything Liv Octopus who is a psycho-scientist and gangster and far less redeemable than Molina's Octopus will only convince people that Dr. Octopus works primarily and translates best as a villian.

  15. #30

    Default

    So do all of Peter’s hero friends know that he was body swapped in the original Supeior run? Did he post on a superhero Facebook group: “ICYMI: Doc Ock was running around in my body last year. If I was a dick to you recently, that’s why. Sorry. See you at Tony’s next soiree, Sincerely, YFNSM”

    Cuz other heroes gotta be wondering what’s going on now that both Amazing and Superior are swinging around. Or maybe they don’t give a shit and chalk it up to more cloning nonsense. Haha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •