Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Couldn’t Flash just steal their speed? I don’t regularly read Flash comics although I have like C Flashes that I’ve r as about in other hooks like ajustic League or seen in cartoons. However, it’s hard for me to understand how he is challengers. The
    Last edited by Lee-Sensei; 01-22-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hafg View Post
    I NEVER read a DC comics only watched the movies and some series,but a friend of mine told me that Flash (wally west) could run 24 tredecillion times faster then light and outran instant teleportation and i was like "What?!! well then doesnt that make him most OP superhero??" and then he was like ,"Nah,he is more like a second tier hero." And my mind just blew.
    I have watched the CW series and i know he can phase so can't he just phase through any enemies heart and kill them and they cant even counter him cuz he is fast as **** boi..Imagine the mass of the punch he will throw that would kill anyone with one blow.Your mass becomes infinite when you travel as fast as light (theoretically) and lets assume in the comic they can define infinite then his punches have a mass of tredecillion times of infinite.That makes him super OP but then why is he a second tier hero? or is it because he is not BATMAN?

I never read the comics and heard this from a friend so i might have missed some crucial points or maybe others are more OP than him.
    He is one of the most OP superhero, being able to time travel and change reality is in his capability, but in comics how much a hero gets a screen time or get to show their power depend on fans and writers preference, and most people do prefer Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman, so DC follow suit.

Aside from that, Barry Allen himself is one of the calmer, nicer, level headed one of the Justice League, so he's not someone who starts trouble and has no obsession of catching criminals like Batman... probably because he's fast enough to catch all of them, so he can afford to be a bit chill... so unless his mother's death is involved or he really really need to, he's not gonna go full power.

Astonishing Member

Barry is never who anyone is talking about when they're talking about absurd stunts The Flash pulls. It's almost unilaterally Wally. In the modern era, the biggest thing Barry ever pulled off (besides sucking at time travel) was just copying something Wally did ten years prior.

LOL wow should we be considering Wally fans the bitterest fans in the U?

Last edited by Güicho; 01-22-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If Superman is put on his ass by an infinite mass punch, so would Wonder Woman if she got hit.

Flash is unquestionably a top tier hero and one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU. But the Fragile Speedster trope exists for a reason. If either Wonder Woman or Superman tag him, he could be taken out pretty quickly. The set up of their powers allows for a writer to have either side win and it be believable if it's executed well.
    Your logic is not sound. Now should you replace WW with Supergirl (the Kryptonian iteration) then it would be sound.

As a matter of fact, WW was quippy after being hit by such a blow in the Truth or Dare crossover with Flash. Unless the two characters being compared have the same mechanism composing their invulnerability such an if/then statement is without merit.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    One of my all-time favorite comic book covers. SO Silver Age. SO 1960s. SO Infantino.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL wow should we be considering Wally fans the bitterest fans in the U?

I guess you don't know what the word modern means. I'm just talking about all the things people say The Flash does when they're talking power levels are all Wally. Not that a freaking cover of all things is indicative (SA Barry did other absurd stuff but when you're talking about SA characters no one tops Superman and Spectre so it doesn't matter).

But you are right, Wally fans are super freaking bitter. It has nothing to do with who's more powerful, though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Your logic is not sound. Now should you replace WW with Supergirl (the Kryptonian iteration) then it would be sound.

As a matter of fact, WW was quippy after being hit by such a blow in the Truth or Dare crossover with Flash. Unless the two characters being compared have the same mechanism composing their invulnerability such an if/then statement is without merit.
    I'm actually not sure your own logic is sound. What does it matter if they are Kryptonian or Amazon deimgoddess?

Wonder Woman and Superman are in the same weight class. He actually edges her out in raw strength, speed and durability. The different mechanisms composing their invulnerability* is irrelevant, the end result is all that matters. If Diana is quippy after getting hit by such a blow, so should Clark, Kara, Billy and the Marvel family and probably J'onn. To say otherwise is without merit.

*What does this mean, really? Superman gets his powers from his biology + yellow sun, Diana gets hers from an assortment of different things depending on the version. It's all window dressing that doesn't matter because it's all silly comic book make believe. The end result is they are flying bricks who are among the fastest non-speedsters in the DCU. Does durability from divine blessings hold more weight against a speedster than durability from Kryptonian biology?

because he got run over by a freight train...I mean Locomotive.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    because he got run over by a freight train...I mean Locomotive.
    But isn't he more powerful than a locomotive? Oops! Wrong hero.