Default Who are the smartest people in the DC universe

I keep reading that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest man in the DC universe. Who is above him? I would think it is Batman and Lex Luther but I am not sure. Has it ever been stated who the smartest people are?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here are a few older threads to look through:
    * DC's Top 10 Smartest Heroes
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...martest-Heroes

* I guess Lex Luthor is confirmed to be the smartest man in the DC Universe
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...he-DC-Universe

* Who is considered DC's smartest human
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...smartest-human

* as of current continuity...who are the 3 smartest humans
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...martest-humans

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's likely just some random person without the means to do much with it.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Lex Luthor
    Brainiac 5
    Ted Kord
    Mr Terrific
    Dick Grayson
    Bruce Wayne
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Lex has got to be the smartest human right? I remember reading somewhere that humans were a level 2 intelligence, Brainiac was a level 12 but Luthor was a level 9. Maybe I got it wrong but something like that.

Fantastic Member

It gets ignored because she's not one to toot her own horn, but Talia al Ghul was shown in Action Comics to be capable of out thinking and maneuvering both Brainiac and Lex Luthor with ease. She's been consistently shown to be smarter than Bruce Wayne going back to the 70s, and regularly shown developing bleeding edge technology and genetic research.

But unlike everyone on the lists, she never claims to be smart. Rather, she'll play a bimbo to keep people underestimating her, just like she deliberately loses fights and downplays her combat skills.

For the record, prior to the reboot, Lex had starting considering her an intellectual equal, and not just because of her multiple masters and doctorate degrees by 23. But that's all from her time in Superman and Action Comics, when she was mostly over Batman. Mostly. She did sell him Lexcorp for pennies on the dollar as a way to mock Lex. People won't remember it as Batman wasn't a part of her story unless he was helping Superman, or pining outside Lexcorp and chickening out over asking her to get lunch with him. Good times.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I keep reading that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest man in the DC universe. Who is above him? I would think it is Batman and Lex Luther but I am not sure. Has it ever been stated who the smartest people are?
    In the Superdoom story in New 52 they gathered the world's smartest people to solve Super Doomsday problem. Among them are Lex Luthor, Batman, The Atom Ray Palmer and Cyborg.

I did hear Mister Terrific being the third smartest, and considering the list I do believe Lex is the number one, followed by Batman. If anything Lex should be the smartest because Superman is known as the strongest. Brain vs Brawn.

Cyborg I believe is considered one of the smartest because this version is connected online 24/7 that he can look up whatever information he wants in just a second.

Personally I don't like Batman listed as the smartest, because he's already the world's greatest detective, escape artist, one of the best martial artist, and also created his own tech. I think all these world's greatest should pick just one discipline they're good at and leave the rest to the others. That's why I prefer to have Lucius Fox as Batman's tech maker.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-22-2019 at 07:23 AM.