Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hafg

Question Why is Flash not the most powerful superhero?

I NEVER read a DC comics only watched the movies and some series,but a friend of mine told me that Flash (wally west) could run 24 tredecillion times faster then light and outran instant teleportation and i was like "What?!! well then doesnt that make him most OP superhero??" and then he was like ,"Nah,he is more like a second tier hero." And my mind just blew.
    I have watched the CW series and i know he can phase so can't he just phase through any enemies heart and kill them and they cant even counter him cuz he is fast as **** boi..Imagine the mass of the punch he will throw that would kill anyone with one blow.Your mass becomes infinite when you travel as fast as light (theoretically) and lets assume in the comic they can define infinite then his punches have a mass of tredecillion times of infinite.That makes him super OP but then why is he a second tier hero? or is it because he is not BATMAN?

I never read the comics and heard this from a friend so i might have missed some crucial points or maybe others are more OP than him.
    Last edited by hafg; 01-20-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hafg View Post
    he is not BATMAN?
    Well, you have it right there

Power level is a thing that fans care about and not real creators. So first thing first Flash is A tier hero he fits all the metrics movies/shows, merchandising and comic sales and in universe he is one of the Justice League main group. DC as a company probably favor about 3 heroes legitly over flash. So he doesn't get to be "the guy" when those three are around and that affects perception of his hero standing but is not a second tier hero. He is A tier hero but Batman,Superman,Wonder woman have their own section in the A tier where Flash, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Batgirl and heroes like that are just below.

On rumble forums which deal with superheroes fighting and sheer power level is king. Flash especially Wally West version is among the scariest superheroes

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

In theory, the Flash could take out the entire League before 90% knew what hit them.
    Wally West would wipe the floor with the JLA. (One fan's opinion of course)
    The only REALLY tough opponent for him would be Wonder Woman.
    Batman, GL, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkgirl - wiped out in the first second.

Superman is tough AND fast, but even a Superman is put on his arse by an infinite mass punch.

(So that's 2 seconds...)

Left with Wonder Woman who would be more ruthless in her methods, but would still fall.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Because superman has the superman sword.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-21-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

He is staggeringly powerful.

Who says he's not. The argument can certainly be made.

Kon93

And this is why arguments for depowering superman are pure bullshit.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Superman is tough AND fast, but even a Superman is put on his arse by an infinite mass punch.

(So that's 2 seconds...)

Left with Wonder Woman who would be more ruthless in her methods, but would still fall.
    If Superman is put on his ass by an infinite mass punch, so would Wonder Woman if she got hit.

Flash is unquestionably a top tier hero and one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU. But the Fragile Speedster trope exists for a reason. If either Wonder Woman or Superman tag him, he could be taken out pretty quickly. The set up of their powers allows for a writer to have either side win and it be believable if it's executed well.

Also agree with everyone that Flash is not a second tier hero. Your friend is joshing you, OP. He could be the most powerful superhero, depending on the writer and the story.

Why is Flash not the most powerful superhero?
    Because (at their best) comics are character driven stories and create great drama and tension, not just predictable meaningless shallow stat battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Power level is a thing that fans care about and not real creators.
    True, the interest, worth and character importance, decided by meaningless stat batles, seems to be a superficial product of the Pokeman generation.
    I guess Wally is their gens DCU equivalent of Pikachu *. LOL!?

(*cue argument for correct most powerful pokemon analogue, and as this thread become the equivalent of a meaningless rumbles stat dump, which only substantiate the point)
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-21-2019 at 03:49 PM.

I NEVER read a DC comics only watched the movies and some series,but a friend of mine told me that Flash (wally west) could run 24 tredecillion times faster then light and outran instant teleportation and i was like "What?!! well then doesnt that make him most OP superhero??" and then he was like ,"Nah,he is more like a second tier hero." And my mind just blew.
    I have watched the CW series and i know he can phase so can't he just phase through any enemies heart and kill them and they cant even counter him cuz he is fast as **** boi..Imagine the mass of the punch he will throw that would kill anyone with one blow.Your mass becomes infinite when you travel as fast as light (theoretically) and lets assume in the comic they can define infinite then his punches have a mass of tredecillion times of infinite.That makes him super OP but then why is he a second tier hero? or is it because he is not BATMAN?

I never read the comics and heard this from a friend so i might have missed some crucial points or maybe others are more OP than him.
    If Flash is going faster than light how can he see where he is going?
    On the CW Supergirl seems more powerful. She is almost as fast, if not as fast. And one time when he phased she passed right through him. Plus when he threw a lightning blast it knocked down Atom and Firestorm but just bounced off
    Supergirl harmlessly. Also consider that Supergirl survived a nuclear explosion that went off right in front of her. So I think a punch, no matter how powerful, would just knock her backwards a few feet and she would bounce back ready for more. And that isn't even taking into account her heat vision and cold breath. After all Flash has been frozen solid several times by various villains. And they couldn't even move at super speed.

Because speed alone is hardly enough. Especially not when one person Justice Leagues exist who are at a minimum comparable in speed but also waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy harder to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    In theory, the Flash could take out the entire League before 90% knew what hit them.
    Wally West would wipe the floor with the JLA. (One fan's opinion of course)
    The only REALLY tough opponent for him would be Wonder Woman.
    Batman, GL, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkgirl - wiped out in the first second.

(So that's 2 seconds...)

This is complete delusion which also pretends that both Supes and WoWo are not in Flash's class in terms of speed. Even their massively depowered post Flashpoint versions possess comparable speed.

BANNED

he once hit a Martian with that infinite mass punch you mention and all it did was knock him out instead of burning him to a crisp/dispersing his atoms or something. then there was the time when they couldn't handle a invasion of seventy white martians in a fire free earth environment so they chose the moon as their battlefield and bring it within earth's atmosphere instead of fate and Zatanna just erasing them with magic. so power levels are pretty much subjective in comics.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-21-2019 at 12:28 PM.