Default Wondering if some of these stories are collected...

Hey all, I'm sure you guys have the answer to this. First of all, is there a site where I can see an issue of a comic and find out if it's collected in a trade or not?

Okay so I have a ton of the Batman Chronicles books and a lot of Bat's villains (Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, Penguin, Scarecrow) are introduced around this time. It seems like Supes' villains are more spread out. I love seeing the original versions of characters and I'm just looking to read some of the first appearances of Superman's greatest foes.

Are any of these books collected?

Mxy: Superman 30
    Prankster: Action Comics 51
    Toyman: Action Comics 64
    Bizarro: Superboy 68
    Brainiac: Action Comics 242
    Metallo: Action Comics 252
    Parasite: Action Comics 340
    Mongul: DC Comics Presents 27
    Eradicator: Adventures of Superman 455
    Cyborg Superman: Adventures of Superman 465

If anyone knows off the top of their head or anything, any info would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Hey all, I'm sure you guys have the answer to this. First of all, is there a site where I can see an issue of a comic and find out if it's collected in a trade or not?

Okay so I have a ton of the Batman Chronicles books and a lot of Bat's villains (Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, Penguin, Scarecrow) are introduced around this time. It seems like Supes' villains are more spread out. I love seeing the original versions of characters and I'm just looking to read some of the first appearances of Superman's greatest foes.

Are any of these books collected?

Mxy: Superman 30
    Prankster: Action Comics 51
    Toyman: Action Comics 64
    Bizarro: Superboy 68
    Brainiac: Action Comics 242
    Metallo: Action Comics 252
    Parasite: Action Comics 340
    Mongul: DC Comics Presents 27
    Eradicator: Adventures of Superman 455
    Cyborg Superman: Adventures of Superman 465

If anyone knows off the top of their head or anything, any info would be great!
    Henshaw's original appearance (human, not Cyborg) as the doomed astronaut aboard the Excalibur (a one-page bit showing it crashing to Earth) was collected in "Superman: Eradication!", but I think this is long out of print.

With the Eradicator, the issue you cited was collected in the tpb "Superman: In Exile", and recently in the omnibus "Superman: The Exile & Other Stories". If they continue this omnibus run, then I believe the "Day of the Krypton Man" will be included, which has Henshaw's first appearance.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Retired

Without checking the reprint guide on Mike's Amazing World, I'm fairly certain all those stories have been reprinted somewhere. It's just that they all appear in different collections, so to get all the reprints would be a few bob.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The golden age collections and omnibus editions take care of those early stories. They also have Metalo in World's Finest #6. Superman vs Mongul includes that first Mongul story. The debut of Brainiac is in the Man of Tomorrow archives and probably half a dozen others.

Parasite and Bizarroboy are hard to come by really. Eradication is out of print and a little expensive.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The golden age collections and omnibus editions take care of those early stories. They also have Metalo in World's Finest #6. Superman vs Mongul includes that first Mongul story. The debut of Brainiac is in the Man of Tomorrow archives and probably half a dozen others.

Parasite and Bizarroboy are hard to come by really. Eradication is out of print and a little expensive.
    I've done some research and found that there was a book released called Greatest Superman Stories Ever told in 1986 (not The Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told Volumes 1 and 2, this is a different book) and I just bought it for less than ten bucks on Amazon. It has the Bizarro story, the Myx story, Lex's first appearance and some others so I can check that one off the list.