Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Nothing King writes is random. He's playing a long game and I couldn't be more excited by it.
    you have to admit he is pretty much spinning the wheels with this storyline and has been inserting random characters in no particular order one after another in Bruce's "knightmares" or do you see a order in this sequence of Knight mares? by logic Nightmares are a mix of memories and other random information played out in a super disturbing way so these knightmares must also fall in those category. kings work involves mostly dwelling on trauma and so naturally the stories must have a random element to them so as to enable to impart a sense of anything can happen which could indicate anything and be open to any interpretation so it does come off as events occurring randomly in Bruce's mind as he concocts various nightmares from his subconscious unless you feel that Tom thinks Bruce's knightmares are ordered logical explorations of his subconscious.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-28-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Remember when Batman comics showed him fighting bad guys?
    Hey, he punched someone in this issue.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boy, these issues and arcs keep getting worse and worse and more and more pointless.

The only good thing about Tom King's Batman run has been the art...........

Incredible Member

The best part of his run is that there are now fewer issues ahead of us than behind.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Boy, these issues and arcs keep getting worse and worse and more and more pointless.

The only good thing about Tom King's Batman run has been the art...........
    It's all going to come together in the end and make perfect sense. You'll understand with complete clarity why he wrote his arc the way he did, and will completely agree with his choice.

Just wait and see!

King's Batman is one of the few mainstream comics I'm reading that I get genuinely excited about just before each new issue (I need to overhaul my pull list). Because I don't know what's going to happen and it's probably going to be something interesting that's outside the lines of what I usually see in superhero comics.

Whatever happened to the "King's Batman appreciation thread" or whatever it was titled? Everyone's entitled to their opinions, of course - that's what we're here for. But the relentless angry negativity got boring a while ago, and it makes it a bit hard to have a constructive conversation. I suspect some people who are enjoying the run have self-selected out of these discussions, as I mostly did.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    King's Batman is one of the few mainstream comics I'm reading that I get genuinely excited about just before each new issue (I need to overhaul my pull list). Because I don't know what's going to happen and it's probably going to be something interesting that's outside the lines of what I usually see in superhero comics.

Whatever happened to the "King's Batman appreciation thread" or whatever it was titled? Everyone's entitled to their opinions, of course - that's what we're here for. But the relentless angry negativity got boring a while ago, and it makes it a bit hard to have a constructive conversation. I suspect some people who are enjoying the run have self-selected out of these discussions, as I mostly did.
    The appreciation thread was my idea, but I've been pretty absent (largely because of the page after page of "hated it"). Sorry. I can bring it back, if you think people would join in again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The appreciation thread was my idea, but I've been pretty absent (largely because of the page after page of "hated it"). Sorry. I can bring it back, if you think people would join in again.
    Actually, now that you mention it, I do remember that. Sigh. I suppose there isn't much point if it's just going to be the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Actually, now that you mention it, I do remember that. Sigh. I suppose there isn't much point if it's just going to be the same thing.
    Actually, we managed to keep the tone really positive and thoughtful, with lots of long posts about issues. I'll bring it back for the next issue of Batman (#64), and we'll see how it goes!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Actually, we managed to keep the tone really positive and thoughtful, with lots of long posts about issues. I'll bring it back for the next issue of Batman (#64), and we'll see how it goes!
    Unfortunately, the next two issues are the Cold Case crossover penned by Williamson. It looks like toys from King's run like Gotham Girl and King's Heroes in Crisis will be there, but I don't know how much it would be. considered a part of King's run.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Unfortunately, the next two issues are the Cold Case crossover penned by Williamson. It looks like toys from King's run like Gotham Girl and King's Heroes in Crisis will be there, but I don't know how much it would be. considered a part of King's run.
    Darn it, you're right. Hmm. I guess I'll just bring it back to see if anyone has positive stuff to say about Knightmares!

Thanks for the heads up!