Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Someone should make a visual timeline of every costume Jesse's ever worn.
    Most of which do not include pants :P.

I really hope they re-introduce Jesse to the comics soon. I hope Williamson doesn't just stop at Avery and Meena as the female Speedsters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really hope they re-introduce Jesse to the comics soon. I hope Williamson doesn't just stop at Avery and Meena as the female Speedsters.
    He's said in the past that he wants to use every part of the Flash mythology, but also that not every storyline should be a big character return, otherwise it would get repetitive and lose its impact. I imagine everyone involved would want to concentrate on fully re-establishing the JSA and the Golden Age heroes first, before re-introducing a character derived from that lore.

He's said in the past that he wants to use every part of the Flash mythology, but also that not every storyline should be a big character return, otherwise it would get repetitive and lose its impact. I imagine everyone involved would want to concentrate on fully re-establishing the JSA and the Golden Age heroes first, before re-introducing a character derived from that lore.
    I respect that, but at the same time it still feels like some major characters are stuck in limbo and don't have anywhere to go until someone actually gets around to bringing them back.

I'm not even sure how much Williamson is going to get to do with the JSA stuff with Snyder spearheading them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I respect that, but at the same time it still feels like some major characters are stuck in limbo and don't have anywhere to go until someone actually gets around to bringing them back.

I'm not even sure how much Williamson is going to get to do with the JSA stuff with Snyder spearheading them.
    As long as someone re-establishes what the status of the Golden Age heroes is, then they can figure out what to do with Jesse Quick based on that. Doing it the other way around could get messy, putting the cart before the horse.

As long as someone re-establishes what the status of the Golden Age heroes is, then they can figure out what to do with Jesse Quick based on that. Doing it the other way around could get messy, putting the cart before the horse.
    I think it depends how much leeway you give Williamson to be honest.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    While I will always love her as Jesse Quick, she had some great moments as Liberty Belle in the Justice Society.
    She seemed to fit in more with the JSA as opposed to the Flash family. She never seemed as fully established there as opposed to Impulse or Max Mercury.

Come to think of it I think Jesse has been part of all the main DC teams. JSA, JL and Titans. Quite the accomplishment.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    She seemed to fit in more with the JSA as opposed to the Flash family. She never seemed as fully established there as opposed to Impulse or Max Mercury.

Come to think of it I think Jesse has been part of all the main DC teams. JSA, JL and Titans. Quite the accomplishment.
    Holy smokes, I think you’re right! Can any other character claim that?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I just recently read Terminal Velocity and Dead Heat and she was great in that. Great progression for her and she was shown as a capable hero but with character and personality flaws. I wish they would have continued that.
    Have you read "Wonder Woman Plus Jesse Quick"? It was a one shot, as part of a series of team-up specials they did around 1997. They had to give it that title, since WW was the bigger name, with her own solo series. But if the title had been an honest assessment of the content, it would have been called "Jesse Quick's Dead Heat! Aftermath, with guest stars Wonder Woman and Liberty Bell".

I'm rereading my collection from that era, and just got to that one. Great story. I actually came looking for this thread, wondering if there was more JQ material that I should know about. I think all I have with her are the Flash and Impulse comics mentioned above and this one shot, but I really like the character from those appearances.

One of these days, I need to look into reading some JSA stuff. Not just for the Jesse Quick appearances, either. With all the DC comics I've read, I've somehow never read any JSA or Titans comics, despite being fans of various other comics featuring many of those characters.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.