Default Pitch A Direction: June Moone/The Enchantress

What direction would you take June Moone, aka the Enchantress, in?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

What direction would you take June Moone, aka the Enchantress, in?
    I am mainly familiar through her presence in John Ostrander's Suicide Squad. She seems to me to be too similar to the Etrigan character: a troubled person who oft times unwillingly turns into a mystical being of questionable moral character. I would probably retire her and replace her relatively high profile status (mainly due to the 2016 Suicide Squad film) with Etrigan.

I'd probably do a solo for the Young Animal imprint. I was a fan of Ewing's Immortal hulk so I'd focus on June trying to live her life while being stuck with Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I am mainly familiar through her presence in John Ostrander's Suicide Squad. She seems to me to be too similar to the Etrigan character: a troubled person who oft times unwillingly turns into a mystical being of questionable moral character. I would probably retire her and replace her relatively high profile status (mainly due to the 2016 Suicide Squad film) with Etrigan.
    That... isn't a direction for the character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    By that reasoning, why would you have Deashot around? Deadstroke has already the mercenary spot filled, he should retire.

About Enchantress itself, i think she could stay as a government operative. Her having a sudden change of morality and go full herwould be kind of awkward ... but her past attempts as a villain tended to be a complete clusterfuck, so it's not a direction i would like her to go.

If not she could still work as an anti-hero. It's a direction DC often sent her too, so i'm pretty sure they could make it work.

June Moone becomes the apprentice to the Kindly Ones (Cynthia, Mildred, and Mordred) and lives with them and other guests in the House of Wishes (new concept) where she learns more about controlling her magicks and personas while dispensing the heart’s desires, and soul’s costs, for DCU heroes and villains and regular people who seek their help.