Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers Endgame has me wondering... (don't look at the spoiler text if you don't want major spoilers!)
    spoilers:
    Since an elderly Steve gives Sam the shield at the end of the film, not only does this mean that Falcon and Winter Soldier on Disney+ may in fact be Captain America and Winter Soldier, I wonder if for synergy reasons it'll also mean Sam getting a new book - as a second Cap? There is a spare shield out there, left behind by a Steve from a negated future in Mark Waid's recent run.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I want Sam to get another book. But not as Cap.Giving Sam the mantel of Cap was what hurt him from being sustainable in the first place. As soon as he stoped being Cap the mantel of Falcon became an instant downgrade instead of a fleshed out role. When Steve was aged up in the books originally they should of just let Sam carry the shield in his Falcon garb for most of the run. If Sam ever whore the Red, White, and Blue in the comics it should have a been brief and mostly for symbolic reasons.

In short I feel Sam going back to Captain America would forever leave him in Steve's shadow. When the character had his own mantle that was important.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-28-2019 at 04:06 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.