Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers Endgame has me wondering... (don't look at the spoiler text if you don't want major spoilers!)
    spoilers:
    Since an elderly Steve gives Sam the shield at the end of the film, not only does this mean that Falcon and Winter Soldier on Disney+ may in fact be Captain America and Winter Soldier, I wonder if for synergy reasons it'll also mean Sam getting a new book - as a second Cap? There is a spare shield out there, left behind by a Steve from a negated future in Mark Waid's recent run.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I want Sam to get another book. But not as Cap.Giving Sam the mantel of Cap was what hurt him from being sustainable in the first place. As soon as he stoped being Cap the mantel of Falcon became an instant downgrade instead of a fleshed out role. When Steve was aged up in the books originally they should of just let Sam carry the shield in his Falcon garb for most of the run. If Sam ever whore the Red, White, and Blue in the comics it should have a been brief and mostly for symbolic reasons.

In short I feel Sam going back to Captain America would forever leave him in Steve's shadow. When the character had his own mantle that was important.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-28-2019 at 04:06 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

^spoilers:
    The problem is, he doesn't sell as Falcon. That's why his book got cancelled.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So despite Yvette Nicole Brown's character in Endgame being named "Woman in Elevator", I spent the day imagining her being named Darlene Bradley instead: Sam Wilson's mom, Isaiah Bradley's daughter, a semi-super S.H.I.E.L.D. clerk, and a potential scene-stealer in the eventual Falcon America Disney+ series.

What if the MCU combined Patriot with Falcon?

They're not going to do that. If they set up Young Avengers, they'll want to keep Patriot available (though he'd have to use the current one Rayshaun Lucas's civilian identity for legal reasons - they can't use Eli Bradley). Also, Agents of SHIELD already used the Jeffrey Mace Patriot.

And be careful. Anything Endgame related ought to be spoiler tagged, though to be fair that info was probably already on IMDB.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-27-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^spoilers:
    The problem is, he doesn't sell as Falcon. That's why his book got cancelled.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    His sales weren't all that great as Captain America Either, in comparison. Marvel just kept the book on the stands because of the Captain America title and Axle A. being to stubborn to acknowledge low sales across the line.

The problem with Sam isn't that he was not Cap it's that there have been only a few times in his history that Marvel has placed writers on him that actually cared to build him up. Even in his Second tenure as Cap in 2012 Rick Rememender was to focused on his character to build him up. Which set the tone for Sam to be "oh your still here?" superhero of the week. It wasn't until Spenser got on the title that it got slightly better for Sam.But even in saying that as soon as Steve came back Sam's time was pretty much done.

Why? Because they never showed why Sam Wilson/Falcon was great but harped on why Captain America was more important in the context of the Marvel Universe. Readers who were never interested in Sam before he became Cap had little reason to be interested when he was done with being Cap.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Which it should be noted how Burbaker (Actual Skilled Writer) how he handled Bucky as Cap was much different. Burbaker took the time to build up Bucky as Winter Solider then he gradually moved him into the mantel. But even when he was in the mantel he fleshed him out as Bucky/Winter Solider. He gave the character rememberable moments to make fans side with him.Even when he was loosing/failing.

Sam's handling on more occasion then not gave little for new readers to feel he actually "deserved" the role. When in truth the comparison should have never been made since he had his own role/title.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-28-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

spoilers:
    I want Sam to get the shield again but I don't want all the bs that comes with it.
    end of spoilers

They're not going to do that.
    The MCU Scarlet Witch is almost nothing like her Marvel Comics incarnation. Given the right story, I'm sure they can bend whatever rule they want. Truth could be the next big Cap story.

If they set up Young Avengers, they'll want to keep Patriot available (though he'd have to use the current one Rayshaun Lucas's civilian identity for legal reasons - they can't use Eli Bradley).
    The Bradley family introduction doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the Young Avengers, and the latest Young Avengers roster has nothing to do with Patriot. My suggestion didn't have anything to do with Young Avengers --only inserting Sam Wilson as the descendent of Isaiah Bradley. Hell, they could change Isaiah's last name to Wilson.

spoilers:
    I'm making this link based on my theater's uproarious reaction to seeing Yvette Nicole Brown in a 1970 SHIELD facility. I'm a fan and want more. Making her the daughter of Isaiah and mother of Sam is a bridge.
    end of spoilers

That said, can you tell me what the legal reasons for not using Elijah Bradley are? I've searched, but found nothing clear.

Also, Agents of SHIELD already used the Jeffrey Mace Patriot.
    Yep. Different topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The MCU Scarlet Witch is almost nothing like her Marvel Comics incarnation. Given the right story, I'm sure they can bend whatever rule they want. Truth could be the next big Cap story.

The Bradley family introduction doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the Young Avengers, and the latest Young Avengers roster has nothing to do with Patriot. My suggestion didn't have anything to do with Young Avengers --only inserting Sam Wilson as the descendent of Isaiah Bradley. Hell, they could change Isaiah's last name to Wilson.

spoilers:
    I'm making this link based on my theater's uproarious reaction to seeing Yvette Nicole Brown in a 1970 SHIELD facility. I'm a fan and want more. Making her the daughter of Isaiah and mother of Sam is a bridge.
    end of spoilers

That said, can you tell me what the legal reasons for not using Elijah Bradley are? I've searched, but found nothing clear.
    Isaiah's creator claimed ownership of that character, thereby legally blocking Eli by association. The writer's contract must've not made the work to hire thing clear. The Bradley family can't be used, and neither can the Truth storyline.

Isaiah's creator claimed ownership of that character, thereby legally blocking Eli by association. The writer's contract must've not made the work to hire thing clear. The Bradley family can't be used, and neither can the Truth storyline.
    Damn. Thanks though!

BANNED

Hope sam gets a new

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was really happy with that development at the end of Avengers: Endgame.

spoilers:
    I know Bucky was the more popular option to become the new Captain America, but the truth is, Sam needed that more than him. Bucky got a nice character development during Cap's entire trilogy, while Sam was mostly sidelined. If anyone deserves to step into the spotlight and get his due, it's him. I'm very excited to see what they have in store for the character. I really want to see him in the same prominent position he was during ANAD Marvel.

AND yes, I'm excited about the comics possibly giving him a prominent role again because of this. It's what he deserves after they did him dirty.
    end of spoilers

Ya know, I was thinking...as much as I love Sam/Misty I'm really hoping he shows up in Jane's Valkyrie book.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Ya know, I was thinking...as much as I love Sam/Misty I'm really hoping he shows up in Jane's Valkyrie book.
    Was just thinking the same thing. He has to show up somewhere.

It would make sense. Sam should now be in a quandry. He was having an affair with Jane while dating Misty. Avengers never acknowledged Misty and his solos never acknowledged Jane. At the time, Sam probably thought it was OK, as Jane was dying of cancer anyway. But instead she came back from the brink and is in full remission. Which means Sam has to pick a lady! You have some explaining to do, Mr Wilson!

Incredible Member

It would make sense. Sam should now be in a quandry. He was having an affair with Jane while dating Misty. Avengers never acknowledged Misty and his solos never acknowledged Jane. At the time, Sam probably thought it was OK, as Jane was dying of cancer anyway. But instead she came back from the brink and is in full remission. Which means Sam has to pick a lady! You have some explaining to do, Mr Wilson!
    Didn't his solo book establish that Sam and Misty briefly broke up thus making Sam and Jane's kiss in Legacy not cheating.

Anyway about Endgame

spoilers:
    Funnily enough I always thought that a good symbolic way to have Sam's time as Captain America not seem meaningless would be for him to have the shield as the Falcon. If Kobik could recreate Steve Rogers atom by atom including his costume she could recreate his shield thus both Steve and Sam could have one.

Or perhaps Black Panther could have made Sam a vibranium shield to go with his wings or maybe he could use Steve's old photonic. I could certainly see some interesting aerial battles with that considering some of things it could do. It would have been a small thing to symbolize that while he was the Falcon again he wasn't going backwards.

I doubt he'll take up the Captain America identity either in the Disney streaming show or the comics but giving him a shield in both would be an interesting idea.
    end of spoilers