Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Ya know, I was thinking...as much as I love Sam/Misty I'm really hoping he shows up in Jane's Valkyrie book.
    Aaron seems to be under the impression that that's Sam's major relationship right now so if he's on the writing team I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

The whole relationship felt a little too abrupt to me outside their dynamic in the Avengers book so, beyond just having Sam somewhere, I'm not too crazy about it.

how much is Sam even aware what happened with Jane with her "death", resurrection, and now Valkyrie power? I guess we'll see.
    I don't predict more than a token acknowledgment, and likely something that makes Sam look bad. (for whatever reason).

Sam knew her secret identity, so he'll be fully aware of everything.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Ya know, I was thinking...as much as I love Sam/Misty I'm really hoping he shows up in Jane's Valkyrie book.
    If we go just by character backgrounds and personality types Sam and Jane make more sense together then Sam and Misty, so I would be fine with that. If Sam were to get back with Jane it would be the push I need to check out the Valkyrie series.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

spoilers:
    I saw Marvel Unlimited start recommending SamCap, saw Mackie get a solo Wired segment, and saw this thread get bumped, but I refused to believe it until I saw it.

Godspeed, Nick Spencer. You too, Remender!
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

So this could be huge
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...anthony+mackie

right at the end Anthony Mackie says that Falcon is not Captain America. I hope like crazy the actor made a stand for Sam stating that he will carry the Shield but he will be his own man.

Could be reading into it but this was filmed after Endgame and his body langue indicates he is trying to tell us something.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Sit down.

It's story time.

Love Mackie.

However, the underlying need for validation from white people/white characters is disappointing. It's like a Black character can't be worthy anything unless he is in a white popular role.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-04-2019 at 04:40 PM.

That was fun to watch. Love Mackie and I'm excited for him and Falcon moving forward. Falcon and Winter Soldier is far and away the show I'm most looking forward to.

With Bucky's own mini series coming to an end, I can totally see a new buddy comic to go along with the show. Tales of Suspense with Hawkeye and Bucky was one of my favorite minis in recent memory. Something similar to that would be awesome.
    Last edited by cc008; 05-04-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's like a Black character can't be worthy anything unless he is in a white popular role.
    Until EVERYONE from gators, to store owners, Marvel (ESPECIALLY DC) employees and everyone else in comics STOP viewing the mere existence of a black character as a threat to the world-nothing will change.

There is always this BATTLE.

Be it established folks like Black Panther.

New guys like Mosaic.

Legacies like Miles.

Somebody is there to have an issue.

Falcon does not need the role of Cap America top be acceptable. He is in that suit because of BUSINESS.

For all the trolls that cried about him as Cap America-where were they for his solo?

Outside of comics NOBODY has an issue with Sam as Falcon. Except the folks who write the checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Yeeeesss. I've been reading the Spencer run all over again this weekend and he really did THAT. I love how when Remender first had Sam take the shield one of the things he says is "I'm not for speeches...never have been anyway," and then Spencer proceeds to have Sam make some of the best rallying and inspirational speeches Marvel leaders have ever had. Every single one felt poignant and natural.

The eulogy at War Machine's funeral and the one during Secret Empire are probably some of my faves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Awesome little read here! Love (and miss) Sam as Cap, and really appreciated Nick Spencer's run and everything it accomplished for Sam and the people around him during that time (the intro and codification of Joaquin, the intro of Rayshaun, and love for Misty, D-Man, and Rage; Elvin especially did wonders under Nick's pen, with regards to being shown as a tempered young man who's grown since his earliest days but hasn't forgotten his roots and convictions).

It is so nice to see Nick Spencer going fondly for what he did during Sam's book; it needs more love than it gets, and hopefully this'll help just that little bit.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-13-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Nick is pretty ride or die about the Sam stuff. Any time anyone asks him what his favorite part of the Cap ride is, it's always the Sam story and about how he was the hero of it all. What a champ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I have a dream that one day Sam will be as a god amongst mortals.
    I wonder how the character would fare amongst Asgardians? Certainly loved the New Mutants amongst the Asgardians in the 80's.