Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Godzilla Earth vs. Evangelion

Big old anime G decides to flatten Tokyo 3 one day and wanders out of the ocean. Can Nerv stop him like they do the Angels?

Scenario 1: Rei has the anti matter rifle on a mountain. Shinji and Asuka have assault rifles and knives and are in the city.

Scenario 2: proper scenario. They see him coming from the coast and get real prep.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

IIRC Unit01 has some sort of bridging technique that nullifies shields. And the shield is G-Earth's biggest asset.

So I'll be going with NERV.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I think that's more of a specific effect (powerful) AT fields have on each other when they collide, unless there's something I'm forgetting.

The Spear of Longinus might work though.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I'm assuming this is before The Spear of Longuinus was hurled into orbit around the moon ? If so, there's a chance that punches through. Granted I'm not sure what all that'll do here in the long term.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, I'm iffy on the AT field cancellation working on an EM shield...thingy. It was pretty specific.

Carpetbombing Angels and EVAs with N2 mines does somewhere between diddly and squat, so that's a durability feat. However, if Godzilla's breath is coring mountains and the like, it's in the same order of magnitude as the P-Beam that the Rhomboid angel fired that basically blew all crap out of EVAs and needed a specially designed shield to stop for a short period of time. I'm none too sanguine with the idea that the EVAs can withstand that.

However, that's all that's going to take them out, here. Godzilla is stupidly slow in hand to hand.

Basically, the EVAs can dance around him all day once they work out that they need to stay away from the atomic breath. But I don't think they can HURT him, without getting through his shield. I think it's VAGUELY possible that Rei's sniping has the damage output to get through the shield - the gigantic rifle had enough oomph to punch clear through an AT Field and turn the Angel inside-out - but she's really only getting one shot, after which assuming Godzilla isn't horribly maimed, he starts shooting back. And quite accurately.

So...NERV has a chance, but I think the odds favour Godzilla.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

That was an absolutely incredible find! One of the better fan made creations I've seen. Some parts were a little bit silly, but this is giant robots vs monsters genre after all lol.

I especially loved how true they were to that animes style of cinematography. The distant shots at weird angles showing the beams arcing across distances.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

That was better than all three godzilla animated movies put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    That was better than all three godzilla animated movies put together.
    Did you see Godzilla's thighs tho? He thicc
    - big_adventure

Hah. Old School Atomic Breath. Awesome - I like it better than that Particle Beam Anime stuff.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hah. Old School Atomic Breath. Awesome - I like it better than that Particle Beam Anime stuff.
    I didnt know you were a fan of the Godzilla franchise Sharp! ^_^
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Did you see Godzilla's thighs tho? He thicc

No, I didn’t. He’s barely in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    No, I didn’t. He’s barely in the movies
    LOL I meant the fan vid :P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I didnt know you were a fan of the Godzilla franchise Sharp! ^_^
    I have vague memories, fairly fond ones. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Bruh, 2014 Godzilla was good.

Stop being salty you didn't see Godzilla-senpai. BattleKaiju is coming out this year.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan