Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    That's a really well written sequence IMO.

For one thing, there are already hints that it's a hallucinatory/dream type sequence, because Lex is a bit off.

And secondly, of course Lois won't beg for her life. Clark knows that and naturally, the kind of risks Lois is willing to take factor into his anxieties (and more importantly, his love for her).
    No surprise there. I know many hate King but I think he's a phenomenal writer.

Based on that image, though, I don't think it's particuarly appropriate for kids, especially younger kids, (that sort of more realistic portrayal of violence would probably earn a PG13 in film) who really should be the target of these Walmart books in the first place. I don't think it would be a huge problem for a T-rated Superman book, though.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    That's a really well written sequence IMO.

For one thing, there are already hints that it's a hallucinatory/dream type sequence, because Lex is a bit off.

And secondly, of course Lois won't beg for her life. Clark knows that and naturally, the kind of risks Lois is willing to take factor into his anxieties (and more importantly, his love for her).
    Well, people more often then not sound "off" when King writes them, so ...

Incredible Member

looks far less harrowing than bambi or watership down. kids are fed far too much anodyne bland garbage. That's a classic US pulp comics scene - if i was a kid I'd be all over that page.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    looks far less harrowing than bambi or watership down. kids are fed far too much anodyne bland garbage. That's a classic US pulp comics scene - if i was a kid I'd be all over that page.
    You know, I do really get your point here. I may well have been the same when I was a kid and I do think kids are often tougher than we give them credit for and I'm certainly not a fan of feeding them a diet of "anodyne, bland garbage", as you put it. And yet, I do think that graphically showing Lois with a gun to her head, being told to beg for her life and then shown dead with her face covered in blood and her dead, open-eyed stare is something that many parents wouldn't want their kids of a certain age to see. Kids can indeed take quite a lot in terms of content but I don't think you have to read to hard into this particular scene to see why some parents may well think this goes beyond, say, Bambi or Coraline.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Its no worse than say Harold Allnut's death. And I'm pretty sure I was reading Hush before Magic Tree House.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)