Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 782
  1. #166
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am actually surprised by this, I am more hyped to see him in Titans now

    Attachment 81386
    That’s awesome that they’re using the best version of Vic as inspiration. Maybe DC will come to their senses and bring back that design.

  2. #167
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think it helps that it adds much needed color to his look. The all gray metal gets a little boring on the eyes after a while. What was great about the cartoon was how it added some blue to his look. Plus i think it’s mean to homage “six million dollar man.”
    The added color is a really nice touch. I'm so used to seeing him in grey that I didn't realize how much the tracksuit really added to the character.

  3. #168
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what I recall, DC editorial thinks the “head on a robot body” is more “iconic”. Honestly giving Cyborg his Reis look back to synergize with the DP show would be one case of synergy I wouldn’t mind.

    Also do you guys want Vic back with the Titans on the Titan show? I don’t honestly. I’m bored with the same old rehashes of Trigon, the Judas Contract, etc. At least with the DP Vic gets to do new stuff.
    I wouldn't mind him have a one off meeting/team-up with the Titans but I have no real desire to see any extended interactions between Cyborg and the Titans. Doom Patrol's Cyborg has been interesting (for me at least) because he's allowed to mature and do new things. I feel like letting Cyborg branch out on different avenues makes his brand and him as a character stronger; he's on a good path. Having him move backwards to a more familiar dynamic doesn't sound all that interesting to me.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  4. #169
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I wouldn't mind him have a one off meeting/team-up with the Titans but I have no real desire to see any extended interactions between Cyborg and the Titans. Doom Patrol's Cyborg has been interesting (for me at least) because he's allowed to mature and do new things. I feel like letting Cyborg branch out on different avenues makes his brand and him as a character stronger; he's on a good path. Having him move backwards to a more familiar dynamic doesn't sound all that interesting to me.
    Eh, like anything, it depends on the writers. But I am of mind that the occasional guest appearance could be the "happy medium" for Cyborg fans.

  5. #170
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Question, did they ever outright retcon Cyborg's cybernetics regenerating his body from Walker's run? Or is that still canon just forgotten about?
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  6. #171
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Question, did they ever outright retcon Cyborg's cybernetics regenerating his body from Walker's run? Or is that still canon just forgotten about?
    In Semper’s run it was still a thing, but Priest had him use a hologram in his brief JL run and I haven’t been keeping up with JLO so I don’t know if they’ve featured that upgrade there.

  7. #172
    Incredible Member Vampire Savior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    539

    Default

    I'm a little surprised that I've never seen anyone acknowledge the parallels between Cyborg and Bulletproof, the leader of C.O.P.S. from the late 80s cartoon show of the same name. Conceptually, they're quite similar, except...I think Bulletproof is quite a bit cooler. Probably largely to do with him generally being handled much better than Cyborg. That, plus his voice acting and Superman-like appearance makes him cooler to me!


  8. #173
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In Semper’s run it was still a thing, but Priest had him use a hologram in his brief JL run and I haven’t been keeping up with JLO so I don’t know if they’ve featured that upgrade there.
    It hasn't shown up in JL Odyssey yet. Would be nice to see them address it. Something definitive.

  9. #174
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    It hasn't shown up in JL Odyssey yet. Would be nice to see them address it. Something definitive.
    Now that yall mention it, I don't think Cyborg has even been getting torn yup as often as he would in other books.

  10. #175
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I have a genuine interest in Cyborg. If only DC did, too.

    A techno-path in the age of technology. It's almost too easy. Seems we just need a great writer who cares to advance the concept of what Cyborg is today. From the visuals, to the powerset, to the storyline and beyond.

    Can he show more flesh as he has in the past? It's all tech anyway so, why not? Can he be more than just a former football player? Does he carry any celebrity? Any business endeavors? Love interests? Let's answer some questions.
    Agreed 100%. Cyborg has a ton of potential that I feel DC is not accessing fully.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  11. #176
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Now that yall mention it, I don't think Cyborg has even been getting torn yup as often as he would in other books.
    He's finally being written as a competent character. He leads. He answers to no one. His powerset visuals are definitely improved. Now the only thing I need is for a more modern and sensible design.

  12. #177
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    You know, they don't play into Vic's intelligence too often. He was a relatively gifted guy before his accident and, considering he's basically a walking motherbox, he essentially has a second brain that has access to all kinds of information from the New Gods. What kind of interesting tech/mods would you have Vic make if you had the chance.

    I think it would be cool if he had like an armory full of inventions and augmentations that he made and could boomtube to himself. Like one idea I had was a speedforce engine modification. It wouldn't make him a speedster but he could use it for short burst of speedster level speed; think Genos from One-Punch Man.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-20-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  13. #178
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    One thing the DP did really well on was showcasing Cyborgs presence in the real world. I loved the Cyborg dating app scene. He's like the Luke Cage of DC.

  14. #179
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    One thing the DP did really well on was showcasing Cyborgs presence in the real world. I loved the Cyborg dating app scene. He's like the Luke Cage of DC.
    While I always felt that DC sees Black Lightning more as their Luke Cage parallel, I think it would be awesome to have Cyborg fill that role. Have him be more like the down to Earth, people's champion type hero.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  15. #180
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    You know, they don't play into Vic's intelligence too often. He was a relatively gifted guy before his accident and, considering he's basically a walking motherbox, he essentially has a second brain that has access to all kinds of information from the New Gods. What kind of interesting tech/mods would you have Vic make if you had the chance.

    I think it would be cool if he had like an armory full of inventions and augmentations that he made and could boomtube to himself. Like one idea I had was a speedforce engine modification. It wouldn't make him a speedster but he could use it for short burst of speedster level speed; think Genos from One-Punch Man.
    Cyborg should be Tony Stark of DC imo. I mean don't seem like they should be alike but the current Iron Man experiment on himself so much that he wasn't really human any more, couple of times has fused with his armor and has gone to the extreme with bleeding edge/extremis armors which are nanotech armors which is stored inside of his body. What really bring it home is currently what is happening with Iron Man as mentioned before he replace so much of his original body with tech that none of his original self exists and Ironman died and was brought back. So Tony Stark doesn't if he is really alive or just machine. Which is story they keep pushing with Cyborg except Iron Man gets be handsome genius billionaire playboy and cyborg is a deformed head attached to robotic body. The tragedy of Cyborg not being human can be touched without Cyborg having have to extreme physical deformities. Cyborg is harder and to justify as tech keeps getting smaller and smaller and real life cybernetics aren't bulky

    Tony Stark is pretty good model of what Cyborg should or could be or role he should play in superhero teams. His intelligence should definitely played up and his combat loadouts should definitely play up as well I mean he should have at least a Speed and Power loadout/mode. On Justice League if Flash is "The God of the Speed", Superman is "The God of Power" then Cyborg is "The God of Technology" to me that is what makes them work they feel larger than life and the pinnacle of their area of Superheroism. That is what keeping Cyborg from taking the next step imo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •