Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well said.

I gotta say though, even if they remove the face plate, he's gotta keep the cybernetic eye, and I think it should be clearly cybernetic. It can be fairly small and unobtrusive rather than half his head (the YJ cartoon is moving in that direction, from the image above where Vic has a whole head of hair) but I think you can flip the "man or machine" theme and turn it into Vic seeing the world through two different perspectives, and the robot eye really helps sell that from a visual standpoint. I feel like that's the next natural step in Vic's journey; not one or the other but a fusion of both, and it keeps that "man or machine" theme active but in a different way.
    that reminds me of something that I was thinking about when I was reading Walker's run. When Cyborg was regenerating there was a panel where right before he was fully regenerated he was his normal face but his eye was red and he had the blue light on his forehead. I think that would've been an interesting look for him to play with if they ever wanted to move away from the metal plating on his face. I think it more seamlessly visualizes the merging of man and machine that he symbolizes. Also, while I didn't think about until you pointed out, it would be a cool visual play on him being able to see things from two different perspectives (man and machine) and the blue light could be seen as a metaphorical "third eye" representing his uniquely transhumanist perspective due to both.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-09-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Here is my Cyborg mini Manifesto,These things don't guarantee he will be successful but I think these are thing next solo book that happens need to accomplish

1. Girlfriend his Mary Jane or Lois Lane

2. A Logo

3. A set costume design beyond the faceplate

4. An Elite niche among superheroes ala Flash is the fastest man alive, Batman is the greatest detective, etc

5. Improve on rogue's gallery beyond Grid, Improve villains made in first 2 solo runs

6. A job that set up the action in the story and gives him a cast.

7. Cyborg has a great origin story but also needs his motivation for being a hero story aka his Uncle Ben or Parents dying.Note all heroes aren't motivated by pain Ms Marvel and Superman don't really have tragic motivation

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of this week's issue of JLO. It highlights the issues that have been plaguing Cyborg for years and is another step of the DC Editorial's agenda against the Titans franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not a fan of this week's issue of JLO. It highlights the issues that have been plaguing Cyborg for years and is another step of the DC Editorial's agenda against the Titans franchise.
    I felt the opposite. I was glad that it was highlighting issues that plagued the character in hopes that DC is finally ready to move him past all that, one and for all. I thought this issue was a good look into Cyborg.

Now we know why he looks so weird on the next issue's cover. Kind of reminds me of the faceplate that fully covered his face in the scenes from the Justice League movie that never made the cut.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Here is my Cyborg mini Manifesto,These things don't guarantee he will be successful but I think these are thing next solo book that happens need to accomplish

1. Girlfriend his Mary Jane or Lois Lane

2. A Logo

3. A set costume design beyond the faceplate

4. An Elite niche among superheroes ala Flash is the fastest man alive, Batman is the greatest detective, etc

5. Improve on rogue's gallery beyond Grid, Improve villains made in first 2 solo runs

6. A job that set up the action in the story and gives him a cast.

7. Cyborg has a great origin story but also needs his motivation for being a hero story aka his Uncle Ben or Parents dying.Note all heroes aren't motivated by pain Ms Marvel and Superman don't really have tragic motivation
    1. A Barbara Wilson (Batman & Robin) type character but better done

2. He has a logo, the C symbol

3. Bring back his 80s design?

4. Something about the greatest technology expert

5. Actually, make Grid appear more, and MIND WYRMMS

6. Assistant at STAR Labs?

7. No he doesn't. I don't want him to be motivated by pain. His origin story is depressing enough already and I want him to be happy in his new origin story. That's it, that's all.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

1. A Barbara Wilson (Batman & Robin) type character but better done
    It's been many years since I saw this movie and I don't remember really anything about the character. What about her character-type is it that you think is appropriate to/suited for Vic. Also, how old is Vic in this new story - it's fine to keep his origin at 17/18, but how will this character related with him or work with him in 10 years? Basically, when Vic was first introduced he was kind at a borderline age - where a character can still be having teenage romances or having more looking-at-long-term romances. I assume she's too be the latter, if it's to be iconic, so that's my question.

I do agree a strong supporting cast is a good thing for hero to have, and romances are an easily-accessible venue for them.

2. He has a logo, the C symbol
    I don't get why he would want that as a logo, but the same can be said for various heroes.

6. Assistant at STAR Labs?
    How long to move past assistant or is he stuck there forever? If Sarah Charles is present, please avoid love triangles.

7. No he doesn't. I don't want him to be motivated by pain. His origin story is depressing enough already and I want him to be happy in his new origin story. That's it, that's all.
    I don't want him to be happy to start with at all. Just wouldn't be the same character. But to get there eventually. He definitely does not need more angst in origin.

Originally, of course, he motivation was tied in with finding a purpose with the cybernetics, and with finding a place with people who didn't look at him like a freak. And because he is brave and heroic, and when a woman said he could save the world, he couldn't refuse. But that place of belonging with the other Titans was important. Belonging was something he was seeking out anyway, even before the accident. That aspect, of course, doesn't apply the same way if he's a solo hero from day 1 (I like at least his early Titans history existing, but with reboots...).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The comment about "what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg"? Good to see our boy referenced on a show like that.
    THAT Cyborg. The exposed pecs version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I think what some of you want is a completely different character.

For some, it seems like the only thing that is really drawing them to Cyborg is that he's the black male tbat DC is most prominently promoting. It seems many people do not actually like his actual character traits. I mean, I don't blame them, but that's what it is looking like to me.
    No, I don't! I just want Cyborg happy like he is in his Teen Titans version and the Six Flags rides.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    THAT Cyborg. The exposed pecs version.
    I have to admit that I've never liked that design. To me he looks like he about to work the pole or about to work a bacherlorette party. One complete I will give the current design is that when you see him you think to yourself that he means business.

Some people in the thread "Hey guys you are projecting your wishes on to Cyborg DC doesn't want him to be a basically Tech God"

Darkseid to people who haven't been paying attention
    Screenshot_20190711-031652_ComicRack.jpg

Some people in the thread "Hey guys you are projecting your wishes on to Cyborg DC doesn't want him to be a basically Tech God"
    If DC doesnt want Vic to be a tech god, they probably shouldn't have made him one in the first place.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    No, I don't! I just want Cyborg happy like he is in his Teen Titans version and the Six Flags rides.
    Well, man, he's not going to start off happy. That's not the character and it's not realistic. He can get there, but nobody is going to be happy about suffering a tragedy that causes them to lose their body parts and their face. If you want to ignore sensible storytelling and the character's history because you want them to be happy...I don't know what to tell you. Cyborg's origin is not happy. This isn't necessarily bad in and of itself. Neither is Bruce Wayne's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well said.

I gotta say though, even if they remove the face plate, he's gotta keep the cybernetic eye, and I think it should be clearly cybernetic. It can be fairly small and unobtrusive rather than half his head (the YJ cartoon is moving in that direction, from the image above where Vic has a whole head of hair) but I think you can flip the "man or machine" theme and turn it into Vic seeing the world through two different perspectives, and the robot eye really helps sell that from a visual standpoint. I feel like that's the next natural step in Vic's journey; not one or the other but a fusion of both, and it keeps that "man or machine" theme active but in a different way.
    Yea a red eye works rather well as an alternative if the face plate were to ever go. Like I said in my first post, I'm definitely in favor of a red eye and maybe some sort of marking around it to signify the merger between man and machine. That removes a good bit of the "woe is me" characterization that's been plaguing him in his solos (even if Semper's run was a slight improvement) and opens the character up to new stories. I like the idea that he begins to see man or machine from different vantage points outside appearance. There's a lot he can do outside that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Well, man, he's not going to start off happy. That's not the character and it's not realistic. He can get there, but nobody is going to be happy about suffering a tragedy that causes them to lose their body parts and their face. If you want to ignore sensible storytelling and the character's history because you want them to be happy...I don't know what to tell you. Cyborg's origin is not happy. This isn't necessarily bad in and of itself. Neither is Bruce Wayne's.
    I'd argue that after two runs that dealt pretty heavily with this question of him being sad over his looks, his next run can move away from it. But I do agree that you can't change the past for a character with a background that depressing so I think writers should accept that there was a time Victor was struggling over this, but make it clear that he's past it for the most part. Man vs machine is an incredibly broad scope of stories and themes to explore so pigeonholing him into only dealing with it from the perspective of looks is a wasted opportunity. It would really come full circle if he could leave behind the face plate but until that time (likely never lol) I think the point still stands.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-11-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Darkseid to people who haven't been paying attention
    Victor Stone is dead, long live Victor Stone the Cyborg
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-11-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."