Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

With the news of Swamp Things cancellation has anyone heard any news on what's going to happen with Doom Patrol? I read that ATT and WB were re-evaluating the whole platform.

I hope that show at least survives whatever they have planned.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Along with a Happy Cyborg, we want the nano-organic version that was introduced a few years back where he could become normal and had the different "modes" (streamlined and battle-ready). Also stop with the man vs machine stories and battle for his humanity... So tiresome.

Guess this is too much to ask...
    It's not too much to ask, it's been done before, the problem is that would require consistent progress and thoughtful editorial guidance in terms of cohesively portraying that progression across the board; that's the big ask from this current "administration" (so to speak) apparently.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I thought H8bit and Anamoly should pop up in DP season 2 if they don't use Grid.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Or the Mind Wyrmms. I love those things so much.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

I just want Cyborg being happy with his enhancements from the very start. It's not 1980 anymore, people ask for prosthetics and there's been a much more positive reaction to people with them since Cyborg's debut. My Cyborg animated series features Cyborg wanting prosthetics after he's injured terribly, and feeling so amazed when he wakes up and sees what he's become.

BANNED

I wonder if ray tracing is cost effective enough to use in comics? Ray tracing is a rendering technique that creates a graphical image based on virtual light and how that lighting source would interact with virtual objects. Ray tracing was used to create Cyborg's cybernetics in the Justice League movie. A ray trace Cyborg cover for JLO would be pretty cool. Nividia gaming has just released a video card that supports a hybrid version of ray tracing. Usually it was only used in hollywood because it's very expensive but I see on the internet that some illustrators are using it to make realistic drawings.
    Ray-Fisher-Cyborg-Justice-League.jpg

I'd like a Cyborg anime series that goes in the science fiction direction; maybe adapt stories from the two series but make Cyborg happy and come up with some new stories. The Mind Wyrmms story could be changed because Cyborg is happy in this series. And I have the voice for the Mind Wyrmms down so...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    World already has Vision, Red Torrnado, RoboCop, Robot Man, Mega Man and so on. And all of them probably has and will do it better at this point.
    Upvote for the mention of Mega Man. Eighth game has an awesome soundtrack.

Ray Fisher was talking about what he would like to see in a Cyborg movie

"I think there's some repairing that has to take place between Cyborg and his father, in that relationship. I think there's also a lot of ground to explore how much technology is too much technology for humanity, and how fast technology is evolving, and the role Cyborg could play in potentially mitigating the issues that come about because of that."]
    "I mean, you're dealing with a character that can, with a thought, launch all the nuclear devices on the planet," he continued. "You're dealing with a character that could shut down every electronic device known to man. Like, that's a pretty big power in this day and age, and if there was a person who was like, 'Hey listen, I wanna try to hijack Cyborg's technology,' that'd be a big problem. So I think something along those lines.
    I think the possibilities are really endless about where you could go," he added. " I think in Justice League we see a Cyborg who is fighting against the machine, and I would like to see what it would be like if he becomes so comfortable with himself that he actually gives in too much to the machine side, where he's like, 'You know what? I'm going to embrace this wholeheartedly.' And it actually ends up being too much so. There's really no end to the kinds of stories you could tell about a character like this, particularly because his technology is evolving, like our technology is evolving. Every year we get new updated phones and TVs

It's sad that literally EVERYONE but DC has better ideas on what to do with Cyborg.

"We live in the age of technology where we rely and grow more and more comfortable with all these frequent technological advancements. Over here, we have this cool inherently technological character we've been trying to make one of our few premier black characters....let's have him think technology makes him a monster, do largely nothing with him, and then send him into space where super tech is less special and unique. BRILLIANT!!!"
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-15-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think that the saddest thing is that somehow, Cyborg's design as an Herald of Darkseid makes him look less like half a head on a metallic body and more like an armored dude with a part of his face visible.

How is that possible ?

Why can't we just make it so Cyborg WANTED his tech because he remembered a dream of becoming like his favorite tokusatsu heroes and thus him being happy from the very beginning? It just irks me to see Cyborg hate his power, especially considering I got introduced to Cyborg thru TTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Why can't we just make it so Cyborg WANTED his tech because he remembered a dream of becoming like his favorite tokusatsu heroes and thus him being happy from the very beginning? It just irks me to see Cyborg hate his power, especially considering I got introduced to Cyborg thru TTG.
    Because that is a completely different character and not for the better.

There are essentially two extremes that are hurting Victor here. One is the idea that he should be perpetually miserable, the other that everything should go his way and he should have no problems. Neither direction helps Victor. DC characters already suffer from the perception of being to inhuman to be interesting or relatable and that certainly isn't something Victor needs.

BANNED

If Warner Bros or DC rebooted Cyborg they should go Analog and use gifs as a subset of his powers.
    Cyborg can morph his arms into canons and use them as weapons. I see an analog Cyborg has someone with similar mimicking powers like Vixen or Animal Man. He would look completely human and is able to hack into things not normally associated with the internet-analog things that augment human performance or weakness. I just recently read an article that says bodybuilders are a kind of cyborg. In the early 80s they were the first ones to discover and use growth hormones like creatine, melanotan and bpc peptides. Also a body builder must have perfect symmetry between each muscle groups in their body. So a rebooted Cyborg would align with body builders and have super symmetry within his body. He can hack into things that improve human performance. He can hack into eyeglasses and see objects on the moon. He can eat protein and hack into it's muscle creating abilities and increase his strength. He can hack into a fish's gills and breath underwater. He can hack an ordinary gun and turn bullets into missiles or a nuclear warhead...etc
    Last edited by Wakeneuron; 06-16-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because that is a completely different character and not for the better.

There are essentially two extremes that are hurting Victor here. One is the idea that he should be perpetually miserable, the other that everything should go his way and he should have no problems. Neither direction helps Victor. DC characters already suffer from the perception of being to inhuman to be interesting or relatable and that certainly isn't something Victor needs.
    OK, so let's have Cyborg be happy and all at first but then he realizes the burden of having cybernetics and being part machine. That way we can do a "am I man or machine" story and then go in the direction we want to go.