Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default BOOYAH!! Cyborg Appreciation Thread '19

I didn't see a new one, so I figured why not take a stab at it. Whether he's a member of the Teen Titans or the Justice League. We love Victor Stone. This is the thread for all things Cyborg.

9be2c18fd3427409d3e04c7f8bb0d41b.jpg

067395946edb6db758aa33b3f4bd469e--cyborgs-legion.jpg

CYBORG.01.cover_.v02.600-COLOR-Blue.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How have you been liking Vic in JLO?

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

I want to like Cyborg, but it feels like DC's mishandling of the character has pretty much broken the concept for me and I don't see them fixing it anytime soon.

However, I am loving JLO so far. Vic hasn't blown me away yet but it could still happen.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    How have you been liking Vic in JLO?
    He's okay there. And he's not a background character who's only there to teleport people left and right.

I have a genuine interest in Cyborg. If only DC did, too.

A techno-path in the age of technology. It's almost too easy. Seems we just need a great writer who cares to advance the concept of what Cyborg is today. From the visuals, to the powerset, to the storyline and beyond.

Can he show more flesh as he has in the past? It's all tech anyway so, why not? Can he be more than just a former football player? Does he carry any celebrity? Any business endeavors? Love interests? Let's answer some questions.

Looks like Vic is set to make his debut in Young Justice soon .

Kon93

YJ this Friday and then doom patrol. They are pushing him on the small screen,wish his movie prospects would be better though, maybe he just needs to guest on another movie, look awesome and then he can get his own movie.

In the modern world he is 1 of the more powerful characters on the planet, I mean he is less robocop now, and more skynet in potential, and the fact that he can upgrade himself constantly should also give him top tier and beyond status

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Vic is set to make his debut in Young Justice soon .
    I just hope he doesn't look like a transformer. Since this might be the intro of Cyborg we have to sit through lonely, angry, and mopey Cyborg again ugh. If we do I hope they take more of the Wolfman approach than the New 52 approach.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I just hope he doesn't look like a transformer. Since this might be the intro of Cyborg we have to sit through lonely, angry, and mopey Cyborg again ugh. If we do I hope they take more of the Wolfman approach than the New 52 approach.
    Well, here's hoping they don't just re-use his design from the animated movies .

Although Bourassa's done 2-3 different Cyborg designs so they'll probably go with what they feel is appropriate.

Given the trend of the season his origin will probably still be tied to Apokolips.

Mighty Member

Hopefully Vic is Cyborg already. I don't think we need to see his origin again. He's half man, half machine and his design should reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Hopefully Vic is Cyborg already. I don't think we need to see his origin again. He's half man, half machine and his design should reflect that.
    They mention him as a football star, so he's probably not Cyborg yet.

There was also an image for one of this weeks episodes that had a black male in a blue jacket that they've since replaced with an image of Geo-Force, so that could possibly have been Vic.

Kon93

Yeah he is just starting out or they are showing his origin.

The Reign movie version of Cyborg didn't look bad at all, I'm sure it'll be a YJ version of that.

Cool design. Very Smallville-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Cool design. Very Smallville-esque.
    Nice touch of having his dad be voiced by Khary Payton.