Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    In his personal life, I'd like to see him use technology to improve people's lives. Like providing high artificial limbs to disadvantaged/disabled kids and veterans. This could lead to a storyline where Cyborg wants to use his technology to help people while the government wants to weaponize it.

Cyborg was involved in sports, so he would know the value of a good coach. I'd like to see him lead a team of misfits/problematic characters(possibly a few villains?) and turn them into proper heroes or at least set them on the path of reformation.

I've been flamed for saying this, but I'd borrow some villains who are underused or forgotten and make them Cyborg's rogues:

1.Ultra Humanite-Cyborg's archenemy, both have transhuman elements(Cyborg via technology, Humanite via body snatching/possession). Give him some metahuman henchmen and a new angle(metahuman supremacy?) or have him covet Cyborg's body since a cybernetic body would be a boon in the current digital age.

2.Dr.Polaris- Barely used anymore and his magnetism counters Cyborg.

3.Dr.Cyber- A cliche choice, but she's barely used in WW anymore.

4.Brother Blood- Used to be Cyborg's enemy before writers gave him a connection to Trigon and made him a nemesis of Raven.

5. Cobalt Blue- Flash shouldn't have a monopoly on speedster villains. Just drop the 'Barry Allen's evil twin' angle and go from there.
    Apparently not anymore

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Honestly Iconic, I think Vic would be in a pretty good spot if DC just gave a damn. He isn't one of those difficult, complex characters who really *needs* high quality talent, he could get by just fine with average creators...like, someone like Dan Jurgens (who I like, but he's not at the top of the industry anymore) would probably churn out perfectly acceptable Cyborg stories.....if DC cared enough to actually use him right and let him move beyond the NTT status quo, which ended decades ago.
    You're right. When a company cares, you get a Miles Morales. I read his book and can tell how he's held in high regard. They made his life appealing. His look is appealing. They market him very well. He's been a focal point in events. You're happy to support that character. You see a bright future.

With Vic, you can tell that DC is just treading water with him. Holding on to yesteryear to make the fans of other characters comfortable.

With my Milestone revival hopes dashed, I really have nothing much tethering me to DC anymore. If there's no real development/advancement of Cyborg on the way and if Black Lightning doesn't get a raise in profile soon, then DC will hold nothing of value to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Apparently not anymore

What series is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What series is this from?
    Justice league vs Suicide Squad
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    It's far more fun to read you guy's ideas for Vic than any idea DC has come up with. So many unused villains that could be reinvented for a modern age to be a foil to Cyborg. Battles on such an advanced technological scale. A sleek new look that each new artist could competently draw.

Oh the possibilities under a visionary, competent writer, art team and editor...
    I don't know, I feel like JLO is heading towards the direction Ascended as mentioned, (which I largely agree upon as well.) It's a huge reason why JLO is IMO, the best thing to be done to Cyborg since his series under Walker. It's still a slow progress, but I'm loving what they're doing in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I don't know, I feel like JLO is heading towards the direction Ascended as mentioned, (which I largely agree upon as well.) It's a huge reason why JLO is IMO, the best thing to be done to Cyborg since his series under Walker. It's still a slow progress, but I'm loving what they're doing in the series.
    How *is* that series? I was interested until I heard about Sejic leaving before it had even begun, and with everything else I'm reading I decided to skip it; just sounded too much like more DC editorial interference, and I had enough of that in the New52. I did end up with a random issue in my pull box by mistake a little while back, and on a whim I decided to buy it (I usually don't buy random issues that end up there by accident of course). Seemed alright, but not enough to go on the pull. I do like the roster; Vic and Kory are two of my favorites, Azreal was amazing in the 90's, and I love Darkseid when he's handled well.

If they're building Cyborg into a real, prime time major hero, I might have to give it a shot. I definitely want to support Vic and Kory, but I wont buy a substandard title to do it. Sends the wrong message to DC.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If they're building Cyborg into a real, prime time major hero, I might have to give it a shot. I definitely want to support Vic and Kory, but I wont buy a substandard title to do it. Sends the wrong message to DC.
    This.

Just rewatched Into The Spiderverse. DC has nothing in their arsenal to achieve what that film has. Just...wow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    This.

Just rewatched Into The Spiderverse. DC has nothing in their arsenal to achieve what that film has. Just...wow.
    There's movies like Jumani 1 and 2, Ralph Breaks the Internet, the Matrix, the Terminator and Robocop film that Cyborg can draw inspiration from as well as todays modern advanced technology such as augment, virtual reality, and the technological singularity from which John Semper based a story around in Cyborg's last solo comic series. In that storyline Cyborg discovered the Digital Multiverse in which you have multiple worlds created in digital form by unseen powerful entities. This could be imo even better than the Spiderverse if it had good talent behind it.

BANNED

How *is* that series? I was interested until I heard about Sejic leaving before it had even begun, and with everything else I'm reading I decided to skip it; just sounded too much like more DC editorial interference, and I had enough of that in the New52. I did end up with a random issue in my pull box by mistake a little while back, and on a whim I decided to buy it (I usually don't buy random issues that end up there by accident of course). Seemed alright, but not enough to go on the pull. I do like the roster; Vic and Kory are two of my favorites, Azreal was amazing in the 90's, and I love Darkseid when he's handled well.

I would say that it's more relevant than Justice League Dark because Darkseid is building/terraforming the Ghost Sector into the new Apokolips. He has something call the Otherbox and he may use it create evil duplicates of Cyborg, Starfire and Azareal as seen on the cover of issue # 13 but this is just speculation. The title plot is kind of slow because it's connected to the main events that's going on in Snyder's Justice League which is slated to end sometime in the winter of 2021. Hopefully something exciting happens in JLO before then.

Astonishing Member

JLO is good so far.I'm more concerned about the rumors that imply Starfire and Cyborg will get brainwashed and made into pawns of Darkseid.

We don't need anymore former or current Titans getting character assassinated.

If it was just for a few issues? Fine with me. But nobody needs or wants another "NTT goes evil!!" mega-story.

I mean, I want to see Raven kill her father and take his throne, and I *still* dont want her to be evil! (my whole thing with Vic and Gar was part of a larger "make the Titans matter again" creative experiment, so I got crap for everyone).

Anyway, there's more than enough inspiration for Vic, fiction and reality both provide plenty of ideas to talk about. The problem is either DC just doesn't care enough to do it, or they can't find a writer with a pitch they think will work. Which might mean they're either being super picky and looking for that home run, or none of their talent have much interesting in writing Vic, or at least dont have the juice to get the sales up. Or they dont believe he can float an ongoing.

I struggle to believe DC is being picky about creator's pitches.

But I would believe that none of their talent with the moxie to make it work want to do it enough to make it their next project. I'm sure if King or Bendis said "Gimme Cyborg!" DC would be happy to do it, but I dont think those guys are asking.

I definitely think it's a lack of enthusiasm on DC's part. They wanted Vic to be A-list in the New52 but must've thought that just putting him in the League would do the trick. When they did finally get around to a solo title they didnt put major talent on it and stuck their noses into the creative end. I think DC wants Vic to be a big deal but don't want to put the effort in.

So they've settled for the half-ass approach; including Vic in more teams. He's in the League, the Doom Patrol, the Titans, etc. He's on the page, the streaming service, the movie, the cartoon, he's everywhere DC is. But that's it. They're using him, but not actually giving him any real development or investment. He's just.....there. Maybe JLO will do right by him, but DC as a whole seems satisfied with the Cyborg we have, and keeping him as a supporting player. And when JLO ends, whatever development and changes Vic has gone through will likely be reversed, if history tells us anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I think that Cyborg would benefit from a 3 issue Black Label mini- series that covers some what mature subjects. Cyborg could use a brain to computer interface to interact with people on a deeper level. Some today are using the emotiv brain computer interface that allows for deeper intimate connections through coresponding parts of the brain. Also since it's out of continuity villains like Deathstroke or even Lex Luthor could be re-imagined. Or maybe even iconic supporting characters such as Lois Lane, Cat Grant and Jimmy Olsen.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I say we change his origin to something else and make him happy from the very start. Cyborg's origin just screams "depressing" and it's about time we get Cyborg as a curious, upbeat teenager excited to use his new powers.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I say we change his origin to something else and make him happy from the very start. Cyborg's origin just screams "depressing" and it's about time we get Cyborg as a curious, upbeat teenager excited to use his new powers.
    That, to me, just makes him an entirely different character. I want him to have his issues, then get over them.

I think that Cyborg would benefit from a 3 issue Black Label mini- series that covers some what mature subjects.
    I'm not into the black label stuff - usually means depressing or gory/gross (if Joker involved).

I guess I want a medium - yes, it does disturb him when he's no longer normal (and no matter how awesome he is, he isn't normal). He cannot do the things he once could (like compete in sporting events), and people treat him differently, and he is more isolated from society (and he struck me as a previously outgoing guy, who liked being around people). And the incident maybe killed his mom, which should upset him. But then he comes to terms with himself and can be happy again.

Never understood the love so many have for keeping the only original, high profile black hero at DC perpetually depressed, alone, self-pitying, consistently in the background and a eunuch.

They don't want those awesome traits for Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, Harold, Arthur, or even J'onn. No sir! But for Vic...the only black guy...yeah that's ok for him. Like, do any of y'all think about how a black fan might view this? How this might send such a poor message? Why resist advancing the character past his origin?

Yeah...that's a wrap.