Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    It's interesting to discover that the armored look of Vic Stone (both Rebirth and New 52) wasn't well received. I think it's bad ass (outside of the half covered face). The movie design hurt my eyes and the current JL: Odyssey design is not my cup of tea but it's become a bit more tolerable lately. Although i enjoyed Vic in YJ: Outsiders he still has the covered face.

Fack.

Almost *shrugs*
    I think the armored look would've been more well-received if DC treated it as armor he could step in and out of, instead of his actual body with no "squishy bits" on it or inside of it. I too am a little bummed about the faceplate but at least it's leveled and not protruding from his head or anything, considering his design has at least 30% more human parts than his comics iteration, I can live with that.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-29-2019 at 10:52 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

now to be a hypocrite...

totally rad awesome Metal Cyborg is fucking rad!!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    now to be a hypocrite...

totally rad awesome Metal Cyborg is fucking rad!!

Not to be an ass but they both look like action figures and the C logo looks massively out of place

Incredible Member

Add the red track suit, and I'll be happy. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Not to be an ass but they both look like action figures and the C logo looks massively out of place
    yeah, I can see that but it's a rando design for a Dark Knights Metal variant cover, it just has to be over the top and awesome, not necessarily the best design of either. the insignia looks fine to me but hey too each their own.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-29-2019 at 10:52 PM.

currently following:

Spectacular Member

So at this time is Cyborg officially not a member of the justice league anymore? Ever since Snyder started the the JL at the beginning of the drowning arc he really hasn't even been acknowledge as ever being part of the team. Beginning with issue 9 it's like he was never part of the team or spent years with them. In the hall of justice he doesn't have a mannequin with his "costume" on it, doesn't have a glance of his room, isn't a part of Clark and Jon's lamp motivation scene yet John, Kendra, and J'onn are in all those. Is this supposed to be a retcon where always there in his place or what? What's the consensus on this when Cyborg's only been in space with the Odyssey team at most a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    So at this time is Cyborg officially not a member of the justice league anymore? Ever since Snyder started the the JL at the beginning of the drowning arc he really hasn't even been acknowledge as ever being part of the team. Beginning with issue 9 it's like he was never part of the team or spent years with them. In the hall of justice he doesn't have a mannequin with his "costume" on it, doesn't have a glance of his room, isn't a part of Clark and Jon's lamp motivation scene yet John, Kendra, and J'onn are in all those. Is this supposed to be a retcon where always there in his place or what? What's the consensus on this when Cyborg's only been in space with the Odyssey team at most a week.
    it's a stretch to say it's "like he was never part of the team", he doesn't have a mannequin because DC doesn't give him clothes, he has no costume to put on there. Also, there is a lot of stuff going on in the League book, they barely reference members who are actively on the flagship team most of the time, unless Cyborg has done anything of significance to the plot, I don't see why they would go out of their way to reference Cyborg. His plot in JL:O and the plot in the Justice League book don't really intersect, he's been in space for months, so I'm not really a surprise that he wasn't in the lamp scene when they were only focusing on the main team, not the full Justice League body of heroes. He's not part of the main earth team but he is still a League member; nothing has suggested otherwise.

currently following:

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Jeez, that image is so busy I didn't even notice the logo until I saw your post.

it's a stretch to say it's "like he was never part of the team", he doesn't have a mannequin because DC doesn't give him clothes, he has no costume to put on there. Also, there is a lot of stuff going on in the League book, they barely reference members who are actively on the flagship team most of the time, unless Cyborg has done anything of significance to the plot, I don't see why they would go out of their way to reference Cyborg. His plot in JL:O and the plot in the Justice League book don't really intersect, he's been in space for months, so I'm not really a surprise that he wasn't in the lamp scene when they were only focusing on the main team, not the full Justice League body of heroes. He's not part of the main earth team but he is still a League member; nothing has suggested otherwise.
    I think the last time anyone on earth knew where Vic was, it was when he stole the League's ship to reach the ghost sector. He's probably listed as MIA or something, but given how often a hero disappears for a little while (lost in space, temporarily killed, traveling time, etc) the League probably isn't too worried about him yet. Plus, with everything they've got going on looking for Vic is probably pretty low on their priority list.

I'd like to think the League has enough faith in Vic to expect him to deal with whatever problem/s he might have, then return to the team. Just like everyone else does.

And I don't think anyone has really mentioned Aquaman being missing either, and he hasn't been seen by the team since Drowned Earth either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the last time anyone on earth knew where Vic was, it was when he stole the League's ship to reach the ghost sector. He's probably listed as MIA or something, but given how often a hero disappears for a little while (lost in space, temporarily killed, traveling time, etc) the League probably isn't too worried about him yet. Plus, with everything they've got going on looking for Vic is probably pretty low on their priority list.

I'd like to think the League has enough faith in Vic to expect him to deal with whatever problem/s he might have, then return to the team. Just like everyone else does.

And I don't think anyone has really mentioned Aquaman being missing either, and he hasn't been seen by the team since Drowned Earth either.
    Exactly, he was the League chairman (ever so briefly) and he's faced some crazy **** with them, I'd say it's safe to assume the League wouldn't pay Cyborg's disappearance too much mind because they're sure he can handle himself; their first priority would likely be the Justice/Doom War that's brewing. it's good you brought up Aquaman, in his title which picks up after Aquaman's disappearance (it's kinda ambiguous which one) when he returns the Wonder Woman is the only Leaguer that comes to meet him and it's just a chill debriefing. I think the Justice League all have a mutual respect and faith in their vet members, and Cyborg has been on the League for years now, I think he's earned their confidence in his ability to deal with whatever pulled him away.

currently following:

Mighty Member

I really don't want this question to bring out the negative nancies lol. But now that we're so many issues into JLO. What are your opinions on Cyborg in JLO?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I really don't want this question to bring out the negative nancies lol. But now that we're so many issues into JLO. What are your opinions on Cyborg in JLO?
    He started off decent enough but once the writing team changed there was a clear shift in focus more toward Jessica. Depending on how Cyborg is positioned in relation to the team once he is unbrainwashed it could be good for him or a major disservice to the character; others will likely say he's already being done a disservice.

currently following:

Mighty Member

He started off decent enough but once the writing team changed there was a clear shift in focus more toward Jessica. Depending on how Cyborg is positioned in relation to the team once he is unbrainwashed it could be good for him or a major disservice to the character; others will likely say he's already being done a disservice.
    I feel like they changed writers at the wrong time because i do think Vic was having some real interesting moments. I can't wait for the Year of the Villain to be over so he could possibly get some decent development hopefully. But i cannot lie. I often wonder about Vic's future. I know that JLO won't be forever.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Cyborg was doing great, until he got brainwashed and shafted in favor of Jessica.

Astonishing Member

I feel like they changed writers at the wrong time because i do think Vic was having some real interesting moments. I can't wait for the Year of the Villain to be over so he could possibly get some decent development hopefully. But i cannot lie. I often wonder about Vic's future. I know that JLO won't be forever.
    Either angsting over being made into a pawn of Darkseid, back to jobbing on the JL, more unnecessary man or machine angst and possibly managing a rebooted version of the Titans.