Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cyborg # 22 variant, the first appearance of Mekkan X is still selling above cover price one year later. This is kind of puzzling since it appears that DC will not published the rest of his first appearance storyline from Cyborg # 24 and 25 in a tradepaperback or in any other form. I was hoping that it would have dropped to 99 cents in the back issue market online. I notice that there were other characters that's in Cyborg 21- 23 that are very similar to Rooster Teeth's Gen:Lock. Gen:Lock and RWDY are producing comics with DC so I'm wondering if this was the reason it was cancelled?

f6c4a10970f460eb5ce4fe70ca91bf25._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

gen-lock-poster.jpg
    Last edited by Wakeneuron; 07-14-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Well, kind of interesting that DC switched out the Cyborg heavy cover for Justice League Oddessy. His cover looked pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I understand what they and what you are saying now. None of which change's the fact though. Do you honestly believe I , Vamp, or anyone else gets any enjoyment telling asking other poster WTF they are talking about? And then having to go in great detail to explain a character to those people knowing full well they aren't going to listen because it wont fit the Mary Sue they made in their minds? (But hoping they take something from what you said)

So yeah I hear you but the facts do not change. The history does not change. And what has worked rarely ever changed. Current Cyborg personality is interchangeable. The character lacks a true voice. We see glimpses of the real him here and there but that is it. If someone bases their version of Cyborg almost totally on the 52 onward Cyborg, chances are they are going to be greatly confused about the character and it's mostly because that version is barely is one.

I respectfully disagree. The levels in which we are talking are vastly different.

Cyborg's power offers a different niche than any member of the JL. Most of the "Upgrades" in suggested in this thread just makes him another ridiculous OP character. The perpetual forced ignoring of characters abilities in the JL is one of the reason the title constantly losses it's footing in terms of popularity and sales.

I could and would go into further detail but I'm trying not to dominate the conversation. But I will say this... DC characters run into the same set of problems regardless of the generation or time they are in. Current DC not only has those problems but they have an added issue of severally lacking driven cohesive story telling.(Not all titles but a large chunk of them) Cyborg is a major example of that as well as his handling and the various disappearing abilities are an example of what I am saying. Between the Inspector Gadget version and Boxy the robot version the current characters has little defined aspect about him in terms of what he can or can't not do. This , as well as other aspects, will forever keep the character in a place where people will see him and not be able to character on a larger scale. That isn't my opinion, that is provable by looking at various characters in comics and out. The American phrase "keep it simple stupid" in terms of powers across the board works better for Superhero characters more often then not. The more complex you get the more people loose interest.

Not even going to get into how Cyborg's original abilities played off his personality better and made him a more complete character. (again not saying his power should stay the same, just saying the Tech God as being described in this thread will and has done little for him.)

Edit:

Also thank you for the compliment. I do appreciate it.
    In keeping with the theme of keep it simple stupid, I have a question. Isn't the nature of technology to be upgraded, or updated? Why would you be so against that? Lets consider that Vic's character voice is found again. Dude still looks stupidly old and obsolete. In real life we have artificial limbs that functions well and looks kind of real. Cyborg has ADVANCED technology incorporated into his body a motherbox. Laziness and disrespect is the only reason for why some writers keep trying to stop Vic from evolving character wise and technology wise.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well, kind of interesting that DC switched out the Cyborg heavy cover for Justice League Oddessy. His cover looked pretty cool.
    What cover are you referring to?

BANNED

Probably refering to this cover. Bleedingcool had an article about how DC switched the covers for JLO # 12 but they didn't realize that it's the variant for # 11 that came out last week.

s-l400.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    Probably refering to this cover. Bleedingcool had an article about how DC switched the covers for JLO # 12 but they didn't realize that it's the variant for # 11 that came out last week.

s-l400.jpg
    Ok. I was confused because I knew I saw that cover on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post

s-l400.jpg
    It might just be me but they make Cy look way too old sometimes.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It might just be me but they make Cy look way too old sometimes.
    Yikes. Very old. Despite the cybernetic nature, I didn't actually realize it was Cyborg for a couple seconds (had several threads open in different tabs, and wasn't paying attention to which I was on).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-20-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Our boy still featured on JL covers.

He'll still be a pawn of Darkseid in the October and November issues of JLO and I don't know how I feel about it.

On the one hand, he's there with Starfire and Azrael, and I think it can be the catalyst for some much needed evolution of his character (heck, I'll say, even if he's a Mother Box dreaming that he is Victor Stone, I don't see why the Box couldn't decide that the human memories matter more than the god-like origin of the Box. It could open interesting new grounds for Cyborg). On the other hand, I expect him to be presented as extremely powerful and I know he'll break free sooner or later but I don't like that he's evil for so long.

I'm divided.

Edit : it's better when I finish my sentences correctly
    Last edited by Korath; 07-23-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He'll still be a pawn of Darkseid in the October and November issues of JLO and I don't know how I feel about it.

On the one hand, he's there with Starfire and Azrael, and I think it can be the catalyst for some much needed evolution of his character (heck, I'll say, even if he's a Mother Box dreaming that he is Victor Stone, I don't see why the Box couldn't decide that the human memories matter more than the god-like origin of the Box. It could open interesting new grounds for Cyborg). On the other hand, I expect him to be presented as extremely powerful and I know he'll break free sooner or later.

I'm divided.
    I'm tired of Titans characters getting turned evil in general.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm tired of Titans characters getting turned evil in general.
    I'm tired of any heroes getting turned evil in general. But yeah, Titans get more than their share of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

On the one hand, he's there with Starfire and Azrael, and I think it can be the catalyst for some much needed evolution of his character (heck, I'll say, even if he's a Mother Box dreaming that he is Victor Stone, I don't see why the Box couldn't decide that the human memories matter more than the god-like origin of the Box. It could open interesting new grounds for Cyborg). On the other hand, I expect him to be presented as extremely powerful and I know he'll break free sooner or later but I don't like that he's evil for so long.

I'm divided.

Edit : it's better when I finish my sentences correctly
    I'm with it as long as it leads to some much needed development. I want something out of all this to stick with Vic. New territory.

Vic is on the Jimmy Olsen cover too. Interestingly, with a bit different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Vic is on the Jimmy Olsen cover too. Interestingly, with a bit different look.

Lol. Just no consistency. I guess they figure if you see the partial-face then that's enough. "Ehh, they know who it is."