Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 805
  1. #751
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What did everyone think of the revelations from Justice League Odyssey #11? Darkseid saying that “Vic Stone died on the operating table. Victor Stone is a ghost haunting a beautiful machine...You are a god. A New god. Embrace it.”

    Kind of like Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing story “The Anatomy Lesson”. Vic’s fear of losing his humanity is a fruitless concern because he’s no longer human but a god. Then again, this is coming from Darkseid. The god of evil, lies, and manipulation.
    Depends on where they go with it for me. If they only use that part of his character to make him bad and a henchman for Darkseid and don't have any pros to it regarding him being a good guy then it won't sit well with me. Like it's bad for him to embrace his New God side of him and be more than what he was. It could be used to show that soul or no soul, human or machine, that Vic is a good guy that will fight and do whats right no matter his status.

    On a side note, how did you guys feel about Vic in the latest episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    I'm disappointed that they ended up giving him the full face plate including big glowing circle in forehead but I'm happy that it seems that they are closing the chapters on pure angst daddy issue Vic.
    end of spoilers

  2. #752
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What did everyone think of the revelations from Justice League Odyssey #11? Darkseid saying that “Vic Stone died on the operating table. Victor Stone is a ghost haunting a beautiful machine...You are a god. A New god. Embrace it.”
    Darkseid's not really known for lying, but saying he's a unreliable narrator is understating it.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  3. #753
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    155

    Default

    18 issues was spent on the plotline of if Cyborg had a soul in John Semper jr.'s run and it was resolved there. Who knows why they're repeating the storyline in JLO?

  4. #754
    Incredible Member Vampire Savior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    18 issues was spent on the plotline of if Cyborg had a soul in John Semper jr.'s run and it was resolved there. Who knows why they're repeating the storyline in JLO?
    I'm fairly certain these writers don't actually read each others' stories these days, and I doubt the editors do, either.

  5. #755
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What did everyone think of the revelations from Justice League Odyssey #11? Darkseid saying that “Vic Stone died on the operating table. Victor Stone is a ghost haunting a beautiful machine...You are a god. A New god. Embrace it.”

    Kind of like Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing story “The Anatomy Lesson”. Vic’s fear of losing his humanity is a fruitless concern because he’s no longer human but a god. Then again, this is coming from Darkseid. The god of evil, lies, and manipulation.



    Conrad draws an awesome Cyborg. He’s the only one who has done Sejic’s redesign any justice.
    I think that with his upgrade it provides a status quo change for him where he should move into more complicated situations and challenges but I doubt there are any writers that can think beyond fanboy mentality to write elevated stories.

  6. #756
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Kevin Grevioux story in Cyborg # 18 and 19 is just the icing on the cake for John Semper jr.'s Cyborg run.
    20190803_192028.jpg

    20190803_192209.jpg

  7. #757
    WAKANDA FOREVER! Falcon16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Demarest, New Jersey
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    On a side note, how did you guys feel about Vic in the latest episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    I'm disappointed that they ended up giving him the full face plate including big glowing circle in forehead but I'm happy that it seems that they are closing the chapters on pure angst daddy issue Vic.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't seen the episode, but knowing Victor in that series and what he almost did to his dad, I know he is NOT going to be happy with that.

    I hate this show because it goes against the "Gee, thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" from the get-go approach I want so bad with Vic. Of course I'm like the only person that wants it to happen but who the fuck cares?
    "I'll never wear my Power Ring again! It's been a curse to me!"

  8. #758
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,902

    Default

    Come on how, obviously every opinion matters. I imagine the reason they originally gave Vic a more human design on the show is precisely because they didn't want him to look too robotic.

  9. #759
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    I finally caught up with all the new episodes of Young Justice.

    -On the sad side they made his new design slight more robotic but I guess it is more line with standard presentations


    -The good news,He has gotten over his being a machine and dad issues. He was pretty happy and fun in his presentation. Going forward I think fans here are going to enjoy Cyborg. Last thing Beast Boy and Cyborg had a little training sequence so you see hint of friendship there in the future

  10. #760
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Depends on where they go with it for me. If they only use that part of his character to make him bad and a henchman for Darkseid and don't have any pros to it regarding him being a good guy then it won't sit well with me. Like it's bad for him to embrace his New God side of him and be more than what he was. It could be used to show that soul or no soul, human or machine, that Vic is a good guy that will fight and do whats right no matter his status.

    On a side note, how did you guys feel about Vic in the latest episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    I'm disappointed that they ended up giving him the full face plate including big glowing circle in forehead but I'm happy that it seems that they are closing the chapters on pure angst daddy issue Vic.
    end of spoilers
    Why would you be disappointed? He was still recognizable as "Cyborg", with only a QUARTER of his head cybernetic, but at least this version of the character isn't full on BORG.

  11. #761
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I finally caught up with all the new episodes of Young Justice.

    -On the sad side they made his new design slight more robotic but I guess it is more line with standard presentations


    -The good news,He has gotten over his being a machine and dad issues. He was pretty happy and fun in his presentation. Going forward I think fans here are going to enjoy Cyborg. Last thing Beast Boy and Cyborg had a little training sequence so you see hint of friendship there in the future
    I like Vic’s character look because it’s reminiscent of the Ivan Reis design, but I just wish the “tech lines” were blue and not red.

  12. #762
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I haven't seen the episode, but knowing Victor in that series and what he almost did to his dad, I know he is NOT going to be happy with that.

    I hate this show because it goes against the "Gee, thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" from the get-go approach I want so bad with Vic. Of course I'm like the only person that wants it to happen but who the fuck cares?
    To be honest, there is no version of Cyborg (even Teen Titans Go!) that is excited that he is turned into a robotic being and looses a portion of humanity. But I am glad that YJ Cyborg is showing to cope with it and more willing to learn and test out his powers now, as well as the YJ design still having human parts instead of making him completely a Cyborg.

  13. #763
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Why would you be disappointed? He was still recognizable as "Cyborg", with only a QUARTER of his head cybernetic, but at least this version of the character isn't full on BORG.
    Because pre-encroachment was already a nice blend of the cybernetics and organics. Compare this:


    to this:


    And the big circle in the forehead I really don't like along with the random red line across his face. It reminds me of braniac and is aesthetically unappealing to me. Fix that and its an A1 design for me. Otherwise Vic's haircuts better cost half the price.

  14. #764
    WAKANDA FOREVER! Falcon16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Demarest, New Jersey
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I finally caught up with all the new episodes of Young Justice.

    -On the sad side they made his new design slight more robotic but I guess it is more line with standard presentations


    -The good news,He has gotten over his being a machine and dad issues. He was pretty happy and fun in his presentation. Going forward I think fans here are going to enjoy Cyborg. Last thing Beast Boy and Cyborg had a little training sequence so you see hint of friendship there in the future
    But... THEY CAN'T DO THAT AFTER THAT INTRODUCTION!!!! Cyborg saying "You murdered my future" and trying to kill his dad (NOT because of the Father Box, fight me) is meant to set in stone what his character would be like - a depressed shmuck who mopes that his father did this to him! If they wanted to make him happy and fun, MAKE HIM HAPPY AND FUN FROM THE VERY BEGINNING like "Gee, thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" or NOT DO HIS ORIGIN like the Teen Titans version!! How could a character who was introduced like that suddenly take a 360? If they made him depressed, KEEP HIM DEPRESSED! Don't be playing some bullcrap on me and try to hide up Cyborg hating his cybernetics and wanting to kill his dad like it never happened! SIX FLAGS CYBORG IS THE BEST CYBORG!!

    ...Sorry. I HATE this version of Cyborg after how he reacted to becoming a cyborg. Never will like him because of that stupid introduction bullshit. Before you say "He was like this in the comics!" I have to ask you: did the 80s Cyborg ever utter "You murdered my future"? Or try to kill his dad? No. He uttered "Why couldn't you let me die?" but THAT WAS FUNNY due to his face.
    "I'll never wear my Power Ring again! It's been a curse to me!"

  15. #765
    WAKANDA FOREVER! Falcon16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Demarest, New Jersey
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    To be honest, there is no version of Cyborg (even Teen Titans Go!) that is excited that he is turned into a robotic being and looses a portion of humanity. But I am glad that YJ Cyborg is showing to cope with it and more willing to learn and test out his powers now, as well as the YJ design still having human parts instead of making him completely a Cyborg.
    TTG Cyborg was excited. Six Flags Cyborg was excited.
    "I'll never wear my Power Ring again! It's been a curse to me!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •