Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Comic book Cyborg might look good with a Mohawk maybe with a some what slimer body.

20190726_194509.jpg

15.-Pompadour-Undercut.jpg

4.-Undercut-with-Fringe.jpg

With Vic being all nanoteched out, does he need to shave or does he just "nanotech" his hair style?

Hmm...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    With Vic being all nanoteched out, does he need to shave or does he just "nanotech" his hair style?

Hmm...
    I can imagine him changing his hair style at a moments notice from short hair to dreads when nanoteched out. With the old bulky look I know he must e frustrated with only being able to grow half an afro.

This design works well with the mohawk look.
    Last edited by Ironmonk; 07-26-2019 at 09:46 PM.

BANNED

Since he's powered by the Motherbox I would imagine that he can control quarks which are the underline particle of all matter and can just use that to trim his hair. Abnett has been good in using physics and science terminology in JLO.

Off topic but Cyborg could easily have a successful low/mid budget film if his mostly cgi effects armor was taken away and his powers were deconstructed using quarks and another particle called phonons which are individual particles that can make sound and can be measured by a quantum microphone. Phonons could be Cyborg's sonic sound blaster.

I just watched Alita: Battle Angel and "wow" their cyborg character designs were awesome. All I could think of was what they could have done for Vic's Cyborg look.

Absolutely nowhere else in modern media does any company see cyborgs looking the way DC presents Vic. (Ivan Reis and Young Justice Outsiders design excluded)

I just watched Alita: Battle Angel and "wow" their cyborg character designs were awesome. All I could think of was what they could have done for Vic's Cyborg look.

Absolutely nowhere else in modern media does any company see cyborgs looking the way DC presents Vic. (Ivan Reis and Young Justice Outsiders design excluded)
    I've said this before for different issues regarding DC's characters (and it especially harms their characters of color), one of DC's greatest sins right now is their golden-aged thinking. a lot, but not all, of their problems as if late stem from the need to adhere to old [read:nostalgic] ideas and concepts; many of which are outdated and should be re-contextualized or ignored.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Agreed, it's bordering on shameful if not laughable. It's no wonder that they can barely put out a decent movie. The fact is that there are tons of ways to upgrade and make Vic cool and sexy. I just hate this mad obsession that he HAS to have part of his face "plated", no he doesn't this idea doesn't elevate Vic nor does it even align with how technology works in relation to it evolving.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I'm at risk for making Cyborg something he's not, but could there at least be an Elseworld where Cyborg has a different origin and he's happy from the very start?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Agreed, it's bordering on shameful if not laughable. It's no wonder that they can barely put out a decent movie. The fact is that there are tons of ways to upgrade and make Vic cool and sexy. I just hate this mad obsession that he HAS to have part of his face "plated", no he doesn't this idea doesn't elevate Vic nor does it even align with how technology works in relation to it evolving.
    Maybe not an entire face plate, but I do think a character code-named "Cyborg" should be visibly, obviously, overtly a cyborg, at least when in battle mode. At least when he's new and first gets his name.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-27-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Hmm...
    Good question, although I like idea of him getting a normal haircut even if he doesn't need to.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

What if we took a "Geoff-Johns-Secret-Origins" approach and Frankenstein us a Victor Stone Cyborg that takes one worthy aspect from each of his past non-comics interpretations?

Take one worthwhile aspect from

1. Cyborg of SUPER POWERS GALACTIC GUARDIANS cartoon

2. Cyborg of SMALLVILLE tv show

3. Cyborg of TEEN TITANS (2003) cartoon

4. Cyborg of TEEN TITANS GO! cartoon

5. Cyborg of JUSTICE LEAGUE movie

6. Cyborg of DOOM PATROL tv show

Between 3 different cartoons, AND 2 different live-action shows AND 1 separate live-action film, there HAS to be enough raw ingredients to mix you up a palatable Cyborg for the masses.

Right?

I don't subscribe to the thought that the only way to recognize Vic is for the faceplate to take up so much of his face.

In the Justice League animated films he's the only black guy on the team. If you altered him to just having a red eye, no one's going to be confused. YJ Outsiders shows a more subtle approach to the plate and there's been no confusion.
    Im not saying it has to take up as much of his face as it currently does. But it *is* his most recognizable feature, the one used all the time in marketing and merchandise when you want to make sure people instantly know who they're looking at.

It can be slimmed down and modified (and it really should be, YJ has the right idea) the same way Superman's "S" or Batman's Bat logos are tweaked and changed in style and size. But the red eye and face plate? For good or ill that's become Vic's version of a logo. Hard to sell merchandise without a logo, and it's almost impossible for a comic character to hit the big time without a good logo (even Harley has her red/black diamonds and the jester hat). Like I said in the conversation about this a few pages back, I'd like to see DC introduce a new Cyborg logo and use it (or a close version of it) across all their media (yes, changing his TTGO! and YJ and Doom Patrol designs along with comics), push it, let it seep into the public consciousness.....and then you can get rid of the face plate, if you so desire.

But they definitely need to change and adjust Vic's visuals and look. Putting aside all talk of logos and emblems and visual markers, Vic desperately needs a design adjustment. I just dont think it should remove his one truly identifying feature. At least not yet, not until they've got an equally well known replacement, and that takes time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I think that if Cyborg becomes mostly human again he should adopt the costume from the villain Distruptor from New Teen Titans # 20 1980s series.

98d4ce5443081d0ba23ec10f4a47ca7d._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

20190728_134524.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

DC continues to be inspired by John Semper jr.'s great Cyborg run. The villain on the cover of the new Wonder Woman Bloodlines dvd is a carbon copy of Variant from Semper's Cyborg run.
    Wonder-Woman-Bloodlines.jpg

20190801_094335.jpg

What did everyone think of the revelations from Justice League Odyssey #11? Darkseid saying that “Vic Stone died on the operating table. Victor Stone is a ghost haunting a beautiful machine...You are a god. A New god. Embrace it.”

Kind of like Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing story “The Anatomy Lesson”. Vic’s fear of losing his humanity is a fruitless concern because he’s no longer human but a god. Then again, this is coming from Darkseid. The god of evil, lies, and manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah depends on who's drawing him. Will Conrad for instance draws him really well.
    Conrad draws an awesome Cyborg. He’s the only one who has done Sejic’s redesign any justice.