Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I don’t understand why he NEEDS to be a wish-fulfillment character?
    Well who knows, the Ivan Reis design and to a certain degree the Young Justice design is the closest to "wish-fulfillment" Cyborg I think we've seen so far. Even portions of the Semper run come to mind where Vic was walking around in human mode for an entire issue and even got laid. But it is interesting to see people who usually mock some of those good looking archetype characters and call them outdated or unrelatable, turn around and claim that a character like Cyborg is inferior because of the way he looks. Maybe it's because for the longest time he was the only character of color that was pushed by DC so I guess it kind of made him stick out like a sore thumb that DC would push "a robot" as opposed to an African supermodel or a space cop or a former olympic athlete with lightning powers, or a weapons engineer carrying the S on his chest, etc. In perspective I can understand those complaints, but it does bring up the question whether some fans want diversity in general or only specific type of diversity that fits their own perception of what a diverse hero "needs" to be.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-04-2019 at 10:32 AM.