Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What did everyone think of the revelations from Justice League Odyssey #11? Darkseid saying that “Vic Stone died on the operating table. Victor Stone is a ghost haunting a beautiful machine...You are a god. A New god. Embrace it.”

Kind of like Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing story “The Anatomy Lesson”. Vic’s fear of losing his humanity is a fruitless concern because he’s no longer human but a god. Then again, this is coming from Darkseid. The god of evil, lies, and manipulation.
    Depends on where they go with it for me. If they only use that part of his character to make him bad and a henchman for Darkseid and don't have any pros to it regarding him being a good guy then it won't sit well with me. Like it's bad for him to embrace his New God side of him and be more than what he was. It could be used to show that soul or no soul, human or machine, that Vic is a good guy that will fight and do whats right no matter his status.

On a side note, how did you guys feel about Vic in the latest episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    I'm disappointed that they ended up giving him the full face plate including big glowing circle in forehead but I'm happy that it seems that they are closing the chapters on pure angst daddy issue Vic.
    end of spoilers

What did everyone think of the revelations from Justice League Odyssey #11? Darkseid saying that “Vic Stone died on the operating table. Victor Stone is a ghost haunting a beautiful machine...You are a god. A New god. Embrace it.”
    Darkseid's not really known for lying, but saying he's a unreliable narrator is understating it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

18 issues was spent on the plotline of if Cyborg had a soul in John Semper jr.'s run and it was resolved there. Who knows why they're repeating the storyline in JLO?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    18 issues was spent on the plotline of if Cyborg had a soul in John Semper jr.'s run and it was resolved there. Who knows why they're repeating the storyline in JLO?
    I'm fairly certain these writers don't actually read each others' stories these days, and I doubt the editors do, either.

Kind of like Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing story “The Anatomy Lesson”. Vic’s fear of losing his humanity is a fruitless concern because he’s no longer human but a god. Then again, this is coming from Darkseid. The god of evil, lies, and manipulation.

Conrad draws an awesome Cyborg. He’s the only one who has done Sejic’s redesign any justice.
    I think that with his upgrade it provides a status quo change for him where he should move into more complicated situations and challenges but I doubt there are any writers that can think beyond fanboy mentality to write elevated stories.

BANNED

Kevin Grevioux story in Cyborg # 18 and 19 is just the icing on the cake for John Semper jr.'s Cyborg run.
    20190803_192028.jpg

20190803_192209.jpg

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    On a side note, how did you guys feel about Vic in the latest episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    I'm disappointed that they ended up giving him the full face plate including big glowing circle in forehead but I'm happy that it seems that they are closing the chapters on pure angst daddy issue Vic.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't seen the episode, but knowing Victor in that series and what he almost did to his dad, I know he is NOT going to be happy with that.

I hate this show because it goes against the "Gee, thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" from the get-go approach I want so bad with Vic. Of course I'm like the only person that wants it to happen but who the **** cares?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Come on how, obviously every opinion matters. I imagine the reason they originally gave Vic a more human design on the show is precisely because they didn't want him to look too robotic.

I finally caught up with all the new episodes of Young Justice.

-On the sad side they made his new design slight more robotic but I guess it is more line with standard presentations

-The good news,He has gotten over his being a machine and dad issues. He was pretty happy and fun in his presentation. Going forward I think fans here are going to enjoy Cyborg. Last thing Beast Boy and Cyborg had a little training sequence so you see hint of friendship there in the future

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Depends on where they go with it for me. If they only use that part of his character to make him bad and a henchman for Darkseid and don't have any pros to it regarding him being a good guy then it won't sit well with me. Like it's bad for him to embrace his New God side of him and be more than what he was. It could be used to show that soul or no soul, human or machine, that Vic is a good guy that will fight and do whats right no matter his status.

end of spoilers
    Why would you be disappointed? He was still recognizable as "Cyborg", with only a QUARTER of his head cybernetic, but at least this version of the character isn't full on BORG.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

-On the sad side they made his new design slight more robotic but I guess it is more line with standard presentations

-The good news,He has gotten over his being a machine and dad issues. He was pretty happy and fun in his presentation. Going forward I think fans here are going to enjoy Cyborg. Last thing Beast Boy and Cyborg had a little training sequence so you see hint of friendship there in the future
    I like Vic’s character look because it’s reminiscent of the Ivan Reis design, but I just wish the “tech lines” were blue and not red.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I haven't seen the episode, but knowing Victor in that series and what he almost did to his dad, I know he is NOT going to be happy with that.

I hate this show because it goes against the "Gee, thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" from the get-go approach I want so bad with Vic. Of course I'm like the only person that wants it to happen but who the **** cares?
    To be honest, there is no version of Cyborg (even Teen Titans Go!) that is excited that he is turned into a robotic being and looses a portion of humanity. But I am glad that YJ Cyborg is showing to cope with it and more willing to learn and test out his powers now, as well as the YJ design still having human parts instead of making him completely a Cyborg.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Why would you be disappointed? He was still recognizable as "Cyborg", with only a QUARTER of his head cybernetic, but at least this version of the character isn't full on BORG.
    Because pre-encroachment was already a nice blend of the cybernetics and organics. Compare this:

to this:

And the big circle in the forehead I really don't like along with the random red line across his face. It reminds me of braniac and is aesthetically unappealing to me. Fix that and its an A1 design for me. Otherwise Vic's haircuts better cost half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

But... THEY CAN'T DO THAT AFTER THAT INTRODUCTION!!!! Cyborg saying "You murdered my future" and trying to kill his dad (NOT because of the Father Box, fight me) is meant to set in stone what his character would be like - a depressed shmuck who mopes that his father did this to him! If they wanted to make him happy and fun, MAKE HIM HAPPY AND FUN FROM THE VERY BEGINNING like "Gee, thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" or NOT DO HIS ORIGIN like the Teen Titans version!! How could a character who was introduced like that suddenly take a 360? If they made him depressed, KEEP HIM DEPRESSED! Don't be playing some bullcrap on me and try to hide up Cyborg hating his cybernetics and wanting to kill his dad like it never happened! SIX FLAGS CYBORG IS THE BEST CYBORG!!

...Sorry. I HATE this version of Cyborg after how he reacted to becoming a cyborg. Never will like him because of that stupid introduction bullshit. Before you say "He was like this in the comics!" I have to ask you: did the 80s Cyborg ever utter "You murdered my future"? Or try to kill his dad? No. He uttered "Why couldn't you let me die?" but THAT WAS FUNNY due to his face.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    To be honest, there is no version of Cyborg (even Teen Titans Go!) that is excited that he is turned into a robotic being and looses a portion of humanity. But I am glad that YJ Cyborg is showing to cope with it and more willing to learn and test out his powers now, as well as the YJ design still having human parts instead of making him completely a Cyborg.
    TTG Cyborg was excited. Six Flags Cyborg was excited.