Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    In the current continuity, is Cyborg still considered a founding member of the Justice League?
    He's still a founding member as far as I know. There have been implications that some of his prior relationships with the Titans has been reestablished but, considering his membership since the New 52 has still been consistent upheld until he took off to Justice League Odyssey, there's been nothing to imply he is no longer a founding member.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I don't think I remember the last time they actually called him a founder or addressed the League's founding.

The New 52 origin certainly isn't when the team was originally founded since Superman Reborn established it was just when the team got back together.

(Granted, Martian Manhunter's League status is now completely different from what it was in the New 52).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    To promote your highest profile black hero as a eunuch is unfathomable.

Eunuch:
    1 : a castrated man placed in charge of a harem or employed as a chamberlain in a palace
    2 : a man or boy deprived of the testes or external genitals
    3 : one that lacks virility or power

This needs to be cleared up ASAP. Past things have shown him to be "all there" while later things seem to have contradicted what was previous. Yes, it is important to know.
    To be fair, the history of "eunuchs" is more than a male being castrated. Eunuchs were important aspects of their society, and were created to be dedicated members of a royal court, ranging from guards to servants to advisers. In a few instance, a eunuch could easily be second in authority to a ruler, and, in a lot of instances, it was an honor to become a eunuch, with many parents encouraging their sons to become eunuchs. The castration aspect was to prevent a eunuch from supplanting a legal line of ascension; no ability to have an heir, no worries about being overthrown (though this has happened anyway, on occasion).

BANNED

According to screenrant.com Zach's Justice League cut was centered around Cyborg's origin. In fact a special multi camera rig was set up just so they could shoot his origin. Sounds like we missed something amazing. Also there was going to be a special bonding moment with Cyborg and the rest of the Justice League because after Cyborg's dad died in the original cut he had nowhere else to go.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Would Cyborg have made the silly face he does when he yells "WHY COULDN'T YOU LET ME DIE?" in what is probably the most popular take on his origin?

I'm telling you, we need that NPC transponder origin now. It can give him the ability to switch between human and machine appearances so he can be happy from the very start. Also don't kill off his mom I'd like to see Elinore as an actual character. She has so much more potential, like in Cyborg Volume 3 where she was part of the alternate universe.

Cyborg doesn't need to be depressed all the time and we don't need his origin to be so depressing. I want to see him happy like in the Titans cartoon and his origin just to be made more sci-fi and have Cyborg demonstrate a more positive reaction.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

BANNED

Since Cyborg is a cyborg I wish JLO used more of his cybernetics. In JLO he's more of a Green Lantern doing contructs and sonic blasters. Some fans complain about John Semper's Cyborg run but his run was the first time I've seen the atomic clock used in a super hero book. Cyborg needs to use more brain power in the JLO maybe brain mapping the Ghost Sector illustrated visually. The brain has over 100 billion neurons and the synapses are 40,000 times 100 billion. I would imagine that Cyborg has even more than that. These connections in the brain are more than the stars in the universe.

Also. I would imagine that Cyborg with a npc transponder would look similar to this.

body-mods-2-747x498.jpg
    Last edited by Wakeneuron; 06-21-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    Since Cyborg is a cyborg I wish JLO used more of his cybernetics. In JLO he's more of a Green Lantern doing contructs and sonic blasters. Some fans complain about John Semper's Cyborg run but his run was the first time I've seen the atomic clock used in a super hero book. Cyborg needs to use more brain power in the JLO maybe brain mapping the Ghost Sector illustrated visually. The brain has over 100 billion neurons and the synapses are 40,000 times 100 billion. I would imagine that Cyborg has even more than that. These connections in the brain are more than the stars in the universe.

Also. I would imagine that Cyborg with a npc transponder would look similar to this.

body-mods-2-747x498.jpg
    that's a good point, for all the groaning most Cyborg stories do about him being a machine, they rarely do anything that's all that interesting with his cybernetics; nothing consistent anyway. Considering all the insane "scientific" concepts in DC, as advanced as Cyborg, he should be thinking on a different level and his technology should be insane. Universal positioning systems, zeta beam guns, Emotional Spectrum-based 3D printing systems, Speedforce engines, etc, etc; sky's the limit
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-22-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Dude should actively be using gimmicks from tech villains albeit weaker to let them keep their schtick.

I got a Cyborg plushie yesterday. He's so cute!

Aw, so cute!

Without trying to cause any shipping war, does anyone have a particular love interest they'd like for Vic? I've only read older stuff with him because I didn't care for the Titans after the roster change, and didn't care for most of the changes 52 made, so read very few pre-Rebirth issues. In the backissues I read (1980-1990, for the most part), there were the two Sarahs as possibilities. While I could actually enjoy the interactions with both, they both seemed a little "tailor made" to meet Cyborg's needs, and had no self outside that (being a supporting character in a team comic is rough - not enough pages to get developed). A little too pat. Also maybe kinda one-sided in that there seemed to be nothing inherent in structure that was about what he could/would/did bring to the relationship for them. I don't want him dating any any friends' exes, really, but it wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Actually, the element of him screwing up things with Sarah (and he seemed to be about to end it at one point because of his own insecurities), could have been played out interestingly. Likewise, so could him not have screwing it up, getting it right, and staying in the west with her still working at STAR.

While I do feel the character has potential, even by 1990, I felt the "man or machine" element had been recycled too many times. He'd find peace with it, then it'd flare up again for a repeat. It would be one thing if it was a constant, underlying struggle, that never went away, but it seemed more like closed-ended arcs that repeated (I kinda sorta have similar feelings about Raven and Gar and their dads then - like there was only one arc for the character, and it kept getting repeated). Then they decided to make him "more machine" and I was vastly uninterested in that (or the changed up roster of team), so quit following title.

I'm not a completionist - if I don't like what's happening with a title, even with a character I love, I'm not going to read it just for the sake of knowing the full story. Alas, that means I often don't know the full story, except through summaries. So are there any other good former love interests you like or any new ones you think have potential?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Without trying to cause any shipping war, does anyone have a particular love interest they'd like for Vic? I've only read older stuff with him because I didn't care for the Titans after the roster change, and didn't care for most of the changes 52 made, so read very few pre-Rebirth issues. In the backissues I read (1980-1990, for the most part), there were the two Sarahs as possibilities. While I could actually enjoy the interactions with both, they both seemed a little "tailor made" to meet Cyborg's needs, and had no self outside that (being a supporting character in a team comic is rough - not enough pages to get developed). A little too pat. Also maybe kinda one-sided in that there seemed to be nothing inherent in structure that was about what he could/would/did bring to the relationship for them. I don't want him dating any any friends' exes, really, but it wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Actually, the element of him screwing up things with Sarah (and he seemed to be about to end it at one point because of his own insecurities), could have been played out interestingly. Likewise, so could him not have screwing it up, getting it right, and staying in the west with her still working at STAR.

While I do feel the character has potential, even by 1990, I felt the "man or machine" element had been recycled too many times. He'd find peace with it, then it'd flare up again for a repeat. It would be one thing if it was a constant, underlying struggle, that never went away, but it seemed more like closed-ended arcs that repeated (I kinda sorta have similar feelings about Raven and Gar and their dads then - like there was only one arc for the character, and it kept getting repeated). Then they decided to make him "more machine" and I was vastly uninterested in that (or the changed up roster of team), so quit following title.

I'm not a completionist - if I don't like what's happening with a title, even with a character I love, I'm not going to read it just for the sake of knowing the full story. Alas, that means I often don't know the full story, except through summaries. So are there any other good former love interests you like or any new ones you think have potential?
    Cyborg ongoing written by John Semper jr. was not a man versus machine storyline. It was about Cyborg wondering if he had a soul after he came across a recording of his Father questioning if Cyborg was a walking zombie. It was a journey about soul discovery and how people are an essential part of urban areas which is the definition of the cyborg in the city concept.

According to M. Candy @ blos.cornell.edu - the combination of virtual and corporeal experience of space; cyborg is a way of conceptualizing the social, material and economic growth and development of cities.

As far as romance I think that you have to be a dedicated fan and not just a casual reader of Cyborg to understand what's going on. Some of DC's characters are in flux currently and do not have a definitive origin such as Cyborg.

In his last ongoing it was indicated that Sarah Charles was the love of his life. It also flashback to a high school girlfriend and he did the nasty with the female cyborg- Variant. But it seems like everything is now starting over for Cyborg (maybe because the Semper run wasn't popular). In JLO and the current JL there is no indication that he has any supporting characters at all.
    Last edited by Wakeneuron; 06-28-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Cyborg ongoing written by John Semper jr. was not a man versus machine storyline. It was about Cyborg wondering if he had a soul after he came across a recording of his Father questioning if Cyborg was a walking zombie.
    Not really happy with the way that version of his father sounds. And it still sounds like a variation of "am I a person (anymore)?" to me, just like the man v. machine is storyline is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Not really happy with the way that version of his father sounds. And it still sounds like a variation of "am I a person (anymore)?" to me, just like the man v. machine is storyline is.
    How is it man vs machine? Imo the last man vs machine storyline for Cyborg was in the 80s- a 3 part story that featured the Fearsome Five. Cyborg actively try to change his condition by using synthetic skin.

Cyborg by David Walker and John Semper jr. did not have a man vs machine storyline. Sure he mentions it often but there were no storylines around that particular issue.

A soul is very separate from a physical body.