Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am actually surprised by this, I am more hyped to see him in Titans now

Attachment 81386
    That’s awesome that they’re using the best version of Vic as inspiration. Maybe DC will come to their senses and bring back that design.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think it helps that it adds much needed color to his look. The all gray metal gets a little boring on the eyes after a while. What was great about the cartoon was how it added some blue to his look. Plus i think it’s mean to homage “six million dollar man.”
    The added color is a really nice touch. I'm so used to seeing him in grey that I didn't realize how much the tracksuit really added to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what I recall, DC editorial thinks the “head on a robot body” is more “iconic”. Honestly giving Cyborg his Reis look back to synergize with the DP show would be one case of synergy I wouldn’t mind.

Also do you guys want Vic back with the Titans on the Titan show? I don’t honestly. I’m bored with the same old rehashes of Trigon, the Judas Contract, etc. At least with the DP Vic gets to do new stuff.
    I wouldn't mind him have a one off meeting/team-up with the Titans but I have no real desire to see any extended interactions between Cyborg and the Titans. Doom Patrol's Cyborg has been interesting (for me at least) because he's allowed to mature and do new things. I feel like letting Cyborg branch out on different avenues makes his brand and him as a character stronger; he's on a good path. Having him move backwards to a more familiar dynamic doesn't sound all that interesting to me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I wouldn't mind him have a one off meeting/team-up with the Titans but I have no real desire to see any extended interactions between Cyborg and the Titans. Doom Patrol's Cyborg has been interesting (for me at least) because he's allowed to mature and do new things. I feel like letting Cyborg branch out on different avenues makes his brand and him as a character stronger; he's on a good path. Having him move backwards to a more familiar dynamic doesn't sound all that interesting to me.
    Eh, like anything, it depends on the writers. But I am of mind that the occasional guest appearance could be the "happy medium" for Cyborg fans.

Question, did they ever outright retcon Cyborg's cybernetics regenerating his body from Walker's run? Or is that still canon just forgotten about?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Question, did they ever outright retcon Cyborg's cybernetics regenerating his body from Walker's run? Or is that still canon just forgotten about?
    In Semper’s run it was still a thing, but Priest had him use a hologram in his brief JL run and I haven’t been keeping up with JLO so I don’t know if they’ve featured that upgrade there.

BANNED

I'm a little surprised that I've never seen anyone acknowledge the parallels between Cyborg and Bulletproof, the leader of C.O.P.S. from the late 80s cartoon show of the same name. Conceptually, they're quite similar, except...I think Bulletproof is quite a bit cooler. Probably largely to do with him generally being handled much better than Cyborg. That, plus his voice acting and Superman-like appearance makes him cooler to me!

Last edited by Vampire Savior; 04-20-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In Semper’s run it was still a thing, but Priest had him use a hologram in his brief JL run and I haven’t been keeping up with JLO so I don’t know if they’ve featured that upgrade there.
    It hasn't shown up in JL Odyssey yet. Would be nice to see them address it. Something definitive.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    It hasn't shown up in JL Odyssey yet. Would be nice to see them address it. Something definitive.
    Now that yall mention it, I don't think Cyborg has even been getting torn yup as often as he would in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I have a genuine interest in Cyborg. If only DC did, too.

A techno-path in the age of technology. It's almost too easy. Seems we just need a great writer who cares to advance the concept of what Cyborg is today. From the visuals, to the powerset, to the storyline and beyond.

Can he show more flesh as he has in the past? It's all tech anyway so, why not? Can he be more than just a former football player? Does he carry any celebrity? Any business endeavors? Love interests? Let's answer some questions.
    Agreed 100%. Cyborg has a ton of potential that I feel DC is not accessing fully.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Now that yall mention it, I don't think Cyborg has even been getting torn yup as often as he would in other books.
    He's finally being written as a competent character. He leads. He answers to no one. His powerset visuals are definitely improved. Now the only thing I need is for a more modern and sensible design.

You know, they don't play into Vic's intelligence too often. He was a relatively gifted guy before his accident and, considering he's basically a walking motherbox, he essentially has a second brain that has access to all kinds of information from the New Gods. What kind of interesting tech/mods would you have Vic make if you had the chance.

I think it would be cool if he had like an armory full of inventions and augmentations that he made and could boomtube to himself. Like one idea I had was a speedforce engine modification. It wouldn't make him a speedster but he could use it for short burst of speedster level speed; think Genos from One-Punch Man.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-20-2019 at 09:04 PM.

currently following:

One thing the DP did really well on was showcasing Cyborgs presence in the real world. I loved the Cyborg dating app scene. He's like the Luke Cage of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    One thing the DP did really well on was showcasing Cyborgs presence in the real world. I loved the Cyborg dating app scene. He's like the Luke Cage of DC.
    While I always felt that DC sees Black Lightning more as their Luke Cage parallel, I think it would be awesome to have Cyborg fill that role. Have him be more like the down to Earth, people's champion type hero.

currently following:

You know, they don't play into Vic's intelligence too often. He was a relatively gifted guy before his accident and, considering he's basically a walking motherbox, he essentially has a second brain that has access to all kinds of information from the New Gods. What kind of interesting tech/mods would you have Vic make if you had the chance.

I think it would be cool if he had like an armory full of inventions and augmentations that he made and could boomtube to himself. Like one idea I had was a speedforce engine modification. It wouldn't make him a speedster but he could use it for short burst of speedster level speed; think Genos from One-Punch Man.
    Cyborg should be Tony Stark of DC imo. I mean don't seem like they should be alike but the current Iron Man experiment on himself so much that he wasn't really human any more, couple of times has fused with his armor and has gone to the extreme with bleeding edge/extremis armors which are nanotech armors which is stored inside of his body. What really bring it home is currently what is happening with Iron Man as mentioned before he replace so much of his original body with tech that none of his original self exists and Ironman died and was brought back. So Tony Stark doesn't if he is really alive or just machine. Which is story they keep pushing with Cyborg except Iron Man gets be handsome genius billionaire playboy and cyborg is a deformed head attached to robotic body. The tragedy of Cyborg not being human can be touched without Cyborg having have to extreme physical deformities. Cyborg is harder and to justify as tech keeps getting smaller and smaller and real life cybernetics aren't bulky

Tony Stark is pretty good model of what Cyborg should or could be or role he should play in superhero teams. His intelligence should definitely played up and his combat loadouts should definitely play up as well I mean he should have at least a Speed and Power loadout/mode. On Justice League if Flash is "The God of the Speed", Superman is "The God of Power" then Cyborg is "The God of Technology" to me that is what makes them work they feel larger than life and the pinnacle of their area of Superheroism. That is what keeping Cyborg from taking the next step imo