Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 780
  1. #181
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Cyborg should be Tony Stark of DC imo.
    I don't know about Victor Stone being more like Tony Stark, but Victor definitely should use his dad's connections with STAR Labs do do not only charity work, but to deal with the usual super-villainy that would involve STAR Labs.

  2. #182
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Not personality wise like Tony Stark, but pretty much everything else yeah. He should be the premier the tech Hero in the universe, He should be among one of the smartest heroes. He could easily be in control over a company better yet he could own Star Labs which would create a different dynamic for him. Of course this just my opinion of a direction to go if you are going to put him in the Big leagues then make him be at home in the Big leagues. If not just drop him back down Titans and tell the same stories. He could be big modern hero story if they wanted to evolve him but they seem to think small with him.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-21-2019 at 01:03 AM.

  3. #183
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I don't know about Victor Stone being more like Tony Stark, but Victor definitely should use his dad's connections with STAR Labs do do not only charity work, but to deal with the usual super-villainy that would involve STAR Labs.
    Part of the reason DC choose Cyborg to be a key player all those years ago was due to the Rise of Tony Stark prominence due to the movie. If you note the terminology in interviews, the redesign, and key elements changed to the character it's all there to connect back to Tony. In pieces but still there is a clear line if you connect the time period to what was going on.

    However, that whole change is a large part of exactly what went wrong with the character. Cyborg was a good character on his own trying to make him more like Tony Stark and turning him more roboty made him very off putting. To make Cyborg work all you have to do is go back to how he was when he was originally created, then update his design to something modern but still invokes the core of the character. That's what made him popular in the first place. Thus far only Young Justice seems to have done that.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-21-2019 at 04:37 AM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  4. #184
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Not personality wise like Tony Stark, but pretty much everything else yeah. He should be the premier the tech Hero in the universe, He should be among one of the smartest heroes. He could easily be in control over a company better yet he could own Star Labs which would create a different dynamic for him. Of course this just my opinion of a direction to go if you are going to put him in the Big leagues then make him be at home in the Big leagues. If not just drop him back down Titans and tell the same stories. He could be big modern hero story if they wanted to evolve him but they seem to think small with him.
    What you're asking is for them to Advance The Concept. To simply grow the character. Is there a notable writer at DC with the skill and will to do it?
    Last edited by Iconic; 04-22-2019 at 04:22 AM.

  5. #185
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Something a bit different...

    Last edited by dswynne; 04-22-2019 at 03:17 AM.

  6. #186
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I felt like Walker was advancing the concept of Cyborg in his shorty time on the book before they ran him off. He was shaping in to that blend of organic tech that we want, made amends with his dad if I'm remembering correctly, was even building up a cast of regulars and had features from the JL + Billy. Makes me sad that those two don't haven't been in the same book since Rebirth started.

  7. #187
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Just read an article on a possible tease of Ta Nehisi Coates in Action 1010. Got me thinking. He'd be great in a Superman book. And since he can clearly pull off more than one book at a time...Cyborg could absolutely benefit from him too.

    You know that he'd be treated as a man. With humanity. With respect. I'd love for him to take a deep dive into the life of Vic. If not him, then Bendis, who has the ability to make you care about a character's world. With either of them I don't see DC getting in their way of advancing the concept of Cyborg.

  8. #188
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    I felt like Walker was advancing the concept of Cyborg in his shorty time on the book before they ran him off. He was shaping in to that blend of organic tech that we want, made amends with his dad if I'm remembering correctly, was even building up a cast of regulars and had features from the JL + Billy. Makes me sad that those two don't haven't been in the same book since Rebirth started.
    What happened with Walker? Does he now have bad-blood with DC?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  9. #189
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What happened with Walker? Does he now have bad-blood with DC?
    I heard that when he was on Cyborg he wanted to explore Vic's humanity more and his identity as a black man, but DC wanted to focus more on him being conflicted between whether he was a man or a machine (which was already resolved); so Walker walked. This was a couple years ago tho, I don't think there's necessily any bad blood with DC because he's currently writing Naomi with Brian Michael Bendis.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  10. #190
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I heard that when he was on Cyborg he wanted to explore Vic's humanity more and his identity as a black man, but DC wanted to focus more on him being conflicted between whether he was a man or a machine (which was already resolved); so Walker walked. This was a couple years ago tho, I don't think there's necessily any bad blood with DC because he's currently writing Naomi with Brian Michael Bendis.
    Thanks for the info. I would have liked to read more about what Walker had in mind. The man vs. machine trope for Cyborg has been done too many times and I would be A-ok with moving on.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  11. #191
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I heard that when he was on Cyborg he wanted to explore Vic's humanity more and his identity as a black man, but DC wanted to focus more on him being conflicted between whether he was a man or a machine (which was already resolved); so Walker walked. This was a couple years ago tho, I don't think there's necessily any bad blood with DC because he's currently writing Naomi with Brian Michael Bendis.
    Eh I donít know. I think there was some bad blood but Bendis managed to convince him to come back. Their Naomi work is doing great though from what Iíve heard, so Iím glad Walkerís finding some success. And yeah he wanted to tackle race and other social issues with Cyborg but DC was scared about potential blowback, and the editor was I think the same guy who edited New 52 Static Shock, so heís not very good at his job.

  12. #192
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    84

    Default

    If we are talking about Harvey Richards, then according to dc fandom wikia (dc's official site doesn't show editors) he was the editor on both series. I also liked how in Walker's run he made Cy fallible by having him profile a middle eastern woman. So much potential thrown away because editors want to keep using the same old plot point. Is this the reason that the teen titans keep having a rehash of Judas?

  13. #193
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    So I am assuming the last 4 episodes will be cyborg focused as we are about to hit the finale.
    Has Doom Patrol been renewed yet?

  14. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So I am assuming the last 4 episodes will be cyborg focused as we are about to hit the finale.
    Has Doom Patrol been renewed yet?
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/doom...ewed-season-2/

  15. #195
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    If we are talking about Harvey Richards, then according to dc fandom wikia (dc's official site doesn't show editors) he was the editor on both series. I also liked how in Walker's run he made Cy fallible by having him profile a middle eastern woman. So much potential thrown away because editors want to keep using the same old plot point. Is this the reason that the teen titans keep having a rehash of Judas?
    Yes that is him. He's behind both Cyborg series, Static, Katanna & Black Lightning's mini.

    Going by how badly and trope infested the BL mini was-Cyborg's handling of a black man might have been worst under Richards.


    Just read an article on a possible tease of Ta Nehisi Coates in Action 1010. Got me thinking. He'd be great in a Superman book. And since he can clearly pull off more than one book at a time...Cyborg could absolutely benefit from him too.
    NO NO NO We do not need a Cyborg book being a stealth book for whatever pets Coates would bring to DC like we saw with Black Panther.
    We have had too many projects be stealth books or shows for everybody BUT who the lead is suppose to be.

    It does not matter who you get if you have Richards as the editor. Funny the only black lead book that he did not edit actually sold and got good reviews-Batman & The Signal.

    Before you choose a writer whose the editor?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •