Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Has Cyborg ever dealt with a magic based foe ?
    I would love for Vic to have a romantic relationship with Jinx like on Teen Titans Go. She could remain a villain and basically be like his Catwoman-like character. Plus it would be tech vs magic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No he isn't. There's John Stewart, Vixen and Black Lightning.
    Technically Cyborg is DCs top black character because he’s been getting pushed the most in the last few years as a JL member and solo hero and he has had more appearances in outside media (games, tv, movies) than any other black character at DC. John Stewart will never be featured as “the” Green Lantern as long as Hal Jordan is in the picture and DC continually pushing John to the back burner. Black Lightning and Vixen haven’t been showcased in years as full fledged solo heroes nor have they received the push that Cyborg had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Technically Cyborg is DCs top black character because he’s been getting pushed the most in the last few years as a JL member and solo hero and he has had more appearances in outside media (games, tv, movies) than any other black character at DC. John Stewart will never be featured as “the” Green Lantern as long as Hal Jordan is in the picture and DC continually pushing John to the back burner. Black Lightning and Vixen haven’t been showcased in years as full fledged solo heroes nor have they received the push that Cyborg had.
    I assumed by "upper tier" Iconic meant high power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I assumed by "upper tier" Iconic meant high power levels.
    Actually both. Upper tier in power as well gravity of character. I was only considering original black characters and that Cyborg is the only one with an upper level power set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You all know I don’t really post here anymore but the latest issue of Justice League Odyssey is a very strong Cyborg centric one with a lot of feats and solid art
    Wow you weren’t kidding. Cyborg was very badass in JLO #9. Shades of classic Ironman. Plus I love he talks to Mother Box like a New God.

Variant cover to JLO #12.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I like this iteration of Cyborg. He makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wish they had done more with Cyborg on the show. They never used him as well past the video game episode with Toyman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish they had done more with Cyborg on the show. They never used him as well past the video game episode with Toyman.
    That's a shame to hear honestly.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well I guess DC just does not want this character to be happy or successful

Screenshot_20190530-055626.jpg

The fact that DC wants Cyborg to be full machine is highly annoying.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-30-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

I never really thought Victor should be able to go full human appearance. It doesn't fit his character arch/ongoing story. But at the same time he shouldn't be Boxy the Robot either. There is an elegant but gruff balance to Victor that should always be maintained.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Screenshot_20190530-055626.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ, another reason why (outside of Outsiders) I'm not buying DC's comics; full digital. Brand consistency my ass, have they seen the state of the DC brand? Consistency my beautiful black ass. Consistency but why is it that Cyborg has 4 different looks across 4 different adaptations? 3 of which have more human appearances and/or character traits. Consistency but where was the consistency when Walker's run ended and they INEXPLICABLY ignored and retconned his whole direction and look? Consistency but where was John Stewart's run when he was at the height of his popularity? And I'm sure people can pull up plenty of other inconsistencies in DC's "brand". THEY LET THEM MAKE SILENCER BLACK ON ARROW EVEN THOUGH SHE'S PACIFIC ISLANDER!! DC editorial can suck my dick with that "consistency" bull.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Said it once and I will say it a 1000 x's more.... Young Justice Cyborg beats all

It beats all design's and gives the best of both worlds.

He's "scared" enough to keep his character motivations intact but still gives him an appearance that can pass as normal under right conditions. The bonus of it is that the artist has managed to make the overall design cool enough to impress younger readers to fall inline with the "power fantasy" to want to be SUPER just like him.

At the rate Tom King and a few other writers are wrecking key DC characters I smell a potential DC reboot right around the corner. (soft reboot or other) If that happens it would be a solid time to do a variation of the Young Justice design. Be a move in the right direction in my so humble opinion.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Said it once and I will say it a 1000 x's more.... Young Justice Cyborg beats all

It beats all design's and gives the best of both worlds.

He's "scared" enough to keep his character motivations intact but still gives him an appearance that can pass as normal under right conditions. The bonus of it is that the artist has managed to make the overall design cool enough to impress younger readers to fall inline with the "power fantasy" to want to be SUPER just like him.

At the rate Tom King and a few other writers are wrecking key DC characters I smell a potential DC reboot right around the corner. (soft reboot or other) If that happens it would be a solid time to do a variation of the Young Justice design. Be a move in the right direction in my so humble opinion.
    Disagree, The young justice design is my third favorite, but my second favorite is Ivan Reis while my first by a mile is Stephen Sejic, who makes the armor looks more like nanobyte technology outwards armor vs the bulky concepts mostly used. The young justice and Ivan reis version feels more like terminators, human appearance outwards with high tier technology inwards. Still a great approach, but I prefer the nanorobotics form of Stephen Sejic.