Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Disagree, The young justice design is my third favorite, but my second favorite is Ivan Reis while my first by a mile is Stephen Sejic, who makes the armor looks more like nanobyte technology outwards armor vs the bulky concepts mostly used. The young justice and Ivan reis version feels more like terminators, human appearance outwards with high tier technology inwards. Still a great approach, but I prefer the nanorobotics form of Stephen Sejic.
    Ivan Reis version was a step in the right direction but he was still Inspector Gadget and him going full human mode flew in the face of everything Cyborg is.

Stephen Sejic is to much Robot and only a little Inspector gadget. Still conflicts for the design of the character.

All Vic from Young Justice needs is an official "suit" and he's classic Cyborg who actually captures the narrative of who the character is.

Since the New 52 the DC Vic feels like a White Martian or a Skrull took his place.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well I guess DC just does not want this character to be happy or successful

The fact that DC wants Cyborg to be full machine is highly annoying.
    Brand consistency???? Really????

Lets see we have had 3 versions of Aqualad.
    We have 2 different versions of Wally West. Wallace West looks NOTHING like the CW version.
    We have 2 versions of Starfire on tv right now.
    Static has 4 different looks.
    Miles Morales has 2 different looks.
    Doesn't Black Lightning have daughters?

We have how many versions of Cyborg in other media???? Especially as TOYS? Superfriends, Teen Titans, Teen Titans GO, Earth One, movie, Justice League Action, Injustice, Justice League Doom and Doom Patrol? Not not forget Smallville (RIP Lee Thompson Young).

That is an excuse and continues to prove Dc does not like certain characters making money.

Lets not forget this-

https://twitter.com/blkherovillain/s...23275040153601

Teen Titans with someone they love.

Jinx has Wally and Cyborg has a remote control as his love interest.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Brand consistency???? Really????

Lets see we have had 3 versions of Aqualad.
    We have 2 different versions of Wally West. Wallace West looks NOTHING like the CW version.
    We have 2 versions of Starfire on tv right now.
    Static has 4 different looks.
    Miles Morales has 2 different looks.
    Doesn't Black Lightning have daughters?

We have how many versions of Cyborg in other media???? Especially as TOYS? Superfriends, Teen Titans, Teen Titans GO, Earth One, movie, Justice League Action, Injustice, Justice League Doom and Doom Patrol? Not not forget Smallville (RIP Lee Thompson Young).

That is an excuse and continues to prove Dc does not like certain characters making money.

Lets not forget this-

https://twitter.com/blkherovillain/s...23275040153601

This is something that always rubbed me wrong. The others have love interest that are main/reoccurring characters, but Cyborg's has to be someone from thousands of years in the past. Why when him and Jinx has shown interest in each other in the show. People may not like Teen Titans Go but I'll always appreciate that they went ahead and hooked them two up in it. Cy deserves love too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000;4383022
    Lets not forget this-

[URL="https://twitter.com/blkherovillain/status/1118223275040153601"
    https://twitter.com/blkherovillain/status/1118223275040153601[/URL]

LOL!!!

This is incredible. The thing I do enjoy about Cyborg is that he's like a meme or an ironic joke. The sad thing about it is the people doing this type of stuff seem completely oblivious to all of this and are actually doing this in earnest.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    LOL!!!

This is incredible. The thing I do enjoy about Cyborg is that he's like a meme or an ironic joke. The sad thing about it is the people doing this type of stuff seem completely oblivious to tha and are actually doing this in earnest.
    lol look up TT fanfiction and try to find something that is Cyborg centric or has him in a relationship with a character compared to the other titans. It's just as bad as trying to find fanart with him compared to the others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    lol look up TT fanfiction and try to find something that is Cyborg centric or has him in a relationship with a character compared to the other titans. It's just as bad as trying to find fanart with him compared to the others.
    Not surprising. I know certain aspects of that kinda' fandom can be...kinda' racist in their own subtle ways, but I believe the particular instance with Cyborg is mostly due to how his handlers choose to treat him and showcase him. He's mostly depicted as undesirable (mechanical, missing his face, often over-sized to an unappealing level). He's generally just not aesthetic. Furthermore, he's typically asexual. I know he isn't always, but he usually has no notable love interest in his major showings. Even in Teen Titans cartoons, Beast Boy flirts with Raven, and Starfire and Robin are quite obviously a thing...and then there's the fifth wheel black machine man. Fans just typically aren't going to ship a character like Cyborg because there isn't anything worth shipping there, and they aren't likely to even do the "crackpot pairing" because he's just not a very desirable character. That type of fanfiction is often like romance novel escapism for the people who read and write it (and there's nothing wrong with that). Dudes aren't going to want to fantasize being like him and girls aren't typically going to fantasize being with someone like him. So it's no surprise he's not a popular choice in that type of circle.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-30-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Sarah Charles was a good love interest for Cyborg...but they never really used her that much. *shrug*

For awhile I thought they might try to push Raven as a love interest to potentially cause some conflict between Cyborg and Beast Boy. But that didn't happen. Not sure if I want it too either. Could be interesting, having Magic and Science join in an almost forbidden union.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-30-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Not surprised that DC doesn’t let artists draw Cyborg more human looking. I think Didio wants him to be the mechanical monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    This is something that always rubbed me wrong. The others have love interest that are main/reoccurring characters, but Cyborg's has to be someone from thousands of years in the past. Why when him and Jinx has shown interest in each other in the show. People may not like Teen Titans Go but I'll always appreciate that they went ahead and hooked them two up in it. Cy deserves love too.
    I love the Cyborg and Jinx romance. The tech/magic combo is great. I’ve said it a million times but I really wish they would incorporate their relationship in the comics. As a villain and romantic interest she could be Vic’s Catwoman-like character.

Not surprising. I know certain aspects of that kinda' fandom can be...kinda' racist in their own subversive ways, but I believe the particular instance with Cyborg is mostly due to how his handlers choose to treat him and showcase him. He's mostly depicted as undesirable (mechanical, missing his face, often over-sized to an unappealing level). He's generally just not aesthetic. Furthermore, he's typically asexual. I know he isn't always, but he's usually has no notable love interest in his major showings. Even in Teen Titans cartoons, Beast Boy flirts with Raven, and Starfire and Robin are quite obviously a thing...and then there's the fifth wheel black machine man. Fans just typically aren't going to ship a character like Cyborg because there isn't anything worth shipping there, and they aren't likely to even do the "crackpot pairing" because he's just not a very desirable character. That type of fanfiction is often like romance novel escapism for the people who read and write it (and there's nothing wrong with that). Dudes aren't going to want to fantasize being like him and girls aren't typically going to fantasize being with someone like him. So it's no surprise he's not a popular choice in that type of circle.
    The bold is especially true if DC keeps drawing him like a robot with a man head on it. No, man is ever going to say to themselves " I would be fine to loose my junk if it means I can be like Cyborg" .

If DC drew and establishes Cyborg as a guy who only lost certain limbs and the rest of him is intact he would do better with fans. While at the same time slowing writers down on constantly ripping/blowing him up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Sarah Charles was a good love interest for Cyborg...but they never really used her that much. *shrug*

For awhile I thought they might try to push Raven as a love interest to potentially cause some conflict between Cyborg and Beast Boy. But that didn't happen either. Not sure if I want it too either. Could be interesting, having Magic and Science join in an almost forbidden union.
    I actually thought that Williamson was going to put him with Starfire from seeing some of his issues of Justice League Odyssey. It could be that he was actually planning that, but he left the book after like 6 issues and may not have been able to realize that.

That whole comic was screwed from the start when they had to shift directions and the artist left early on.

I actually thought that Williamson was going to put him with Starfire from seeing some of his issues of Justice League Odyssey. It could be that he was actually planning that, but he left the book after like 6 issues and may not have been able to realize that.

That whole comic was screwed from the start when they had to shift directions and the artist left early on.
    My only issue with that push is that it puts Cyborg potentially in conflict with Nightwing. Which just by the nature makes it an eventual hard and embarrassing L for Cyborg. On all sides. I literally can see Didio laughing in my head right now at the thought of the first writer who wants to deliver that L to the character.

Be better to stir Cyborg to characters not attached to other Major propertie, like Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    My only issue with that push is that it puts Cyborg potentially in conflict with Nightwing. Which just by the nature makes it an eventual hard and embarrassing L for Cyborg. On all sides.
    Hahaha. Yeah, you're probably right.

Spectacular Member

With them keep alternating Nightwing with Barbara and Starfire it gets confusing who his actual love interest is. Thought they were gonna have Cy and star maybe make a move at the beginning of Odyssey but that went nowhere along with her looking like she getting cozy with the bat guy. So far his love interests are Sarah and the cyborg woman from his last standalone series. If Raven wasn't de-aged to a kid right now I'd say they could try to do something with that or introduce Jinx into his mythos like Robotman said. But before all that let my man be able to work his magic by giving him that perfect, hybrid, techno-organic body.

Spectacular Member

Not surprising. I know certain aspects of that kinda' fandom can be...kinda' racist in their own subtle ways, but I believe the particular instance with Cyborg is mostly due to how his handlers choose to treat him and showcase him. He's mostly depicted as undesirable (mechanical, missing his face, often over-sized to an unappealing level). He's generally just not aesthetic. Furthermore, he's typically asexual. I know he isn't always, but he usually has no notable love interest in his major showings. Even in Teen Titans cartoons, Beast Boy flirts with Raven, and Starfire and Robin are quite obviously a thing...and then there's the fifth wheel black machine man. Fans just typically aren't going to ship a character like Cyborg because there isn't anything worth shipping there, and they aren't likely to even do the "crackpot pairing" because he's just not a very desirable character. That type of fanfiction is often like romance novel escapism for the people who read and write it (and there's nothing wrong with that). Dudes aren't going to want to fantasize being like him and girls aren't typically going to fantasize being with someone like him. So it's no surprise he's not a popular choice in that type of circle.
    I agree, out of all the original New Teen Titans it feels like Cyborg just doesn’t have something the other do which is connections. He has no major love interest even amongst his teammates which is very concerning considering all of them have dated at least one member of the team. Cyborg does unfortunately suffer from the Asexual Or Single Black Man trope that prefaces a lot of sci fi And fantasy because if it’s not included the black man would move around with not just one but multiple female characters. For example when Luke Cage was added to the New Avengers he was married to Jessica Jones and had a kid so he couldn’t get around with his female teammates. Would Luke Cage have been allowed on the team as a single hyper masculine black man that has a history of being a player surrounded by nothing but white female teammates. If you look at the Justice League Animated Series John Stewart had multiple love interest which included Katma Tui, Vixen And Hawkgirl he got more women than anybody in the show.

I'm not a big fan of her's but would Jessica Cruz and Cyborg make an interesting couple? I don't think the two of them ever really have that many scenes together (alone) despite them being on two different teams together.