Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Say what you will about Kevin Grevioux's short stint on Cyborg but at least he got that damn man vs machine argument done in a single issue.

https://comic-watch.com/wp-content/u...20_page-11.jpg
    https://comic-watch.com/wp-content/u...20_page-12.jpg
    Loved that scene. He should get more moments like this.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-02-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Say what you will about Kevin Grevioux's short stint on Cyborg but at least he got that damn man vs machine argument done in a single issue.

This was perfect. It's amazing that anyone would want him to go back to that mopey, self-pitying stage as if his technologically advanced body is a real handicap anymore.

DC has made it clear: Nanites. Nanites. Nanites. He's no longer just a simple bionic robot. He's living tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Yes this is then main thing that hinders Black Lightning and black heroes in general. When you read Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Spider Man Etc they are fighting and doing things out of this world yet in the black heroes comics they’re fighting gang bangers and protecting the hood. It’s so unimaginative that’s why those characters don’t garner long term interest, should Black Lighting have been pushed over Cyborg it would received a much more polarizing reaction because the character truly brings nothing mythological to the table.
    This is one of the reasons why Ive been rooting for Cyborg for so long. DC and comics as a whole rarely have POC heroes who regularly face cosmic threats and big concept villains. Black Lightning protects “the streets” and even made a point of turning down League membership in one his more famous stories. Vibe was a break dancer from the hood who spoke in a stereotypical manner. I loved seeing El Diablo on the big screen but it’s also depressing that the two Mexican-American characters featured in a superhero movie (Michael Peña in Ant-Man) were criminals and gang-members. I’ve been stupidly hoping that DC would make Cyborg a wish fulfillment character who stands side by side with Superman and Batman as they face down Darkseid or Brainiac. While he’s definitely been upgraded to the higher concept comic book stories, he’s still stuck as the cybernetic man-monster.

What issue/run did he write?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What issue/run did he write?
    Its from Cyborg #20 of his micro arc where he wrote #19 and #20.

Its from Cyborg #20 of his micro arc where he wrote #19 and #20.
    Thanks I will have to look into those.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Priest, despite his very deconstructionist slant, also had a good take on Vic's appearance and had him start using his abilities to give himself a human appearance when not in battle. The excerpt linked above is a meta summation about the situation: there's really no reason Vic realistically shouldn't be able to make himself not look like a monster, but the writers don't do that because they like him as such. Most are incapable of telling any sort of story with Cyborg that isn't just more rehashed "Am I a man or am I a machine?!" stuff.

That's why Doom Patrol's Cyborg is so popular. There's the appropriate angst level and seriousness regarding his condition, but it's not the entirety of the character. The show isn't just 10 episodes of him crying in his apartment about how he'll never be human again. The writers actually let him do other things.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Priest, despite his very deconstructionist slant, also had a good take on Vic's appearance and had him start using his abilities to give himself a human appearance when not in battle. The excerpt linked above is a meta summation about the situation: there's really no reason Vic realistically shouldn't be able to make himself not look like a monster, but the writers don't do that because they like him as such. Most are incapable of telling any sort of story with Cyborg that isn't just more rehashed "Am I a man or am I a machine?!" stuff.

That's why Doom Patrol's Cyborg is so popular. There's the appropriate angst level and seriousness regarding his condition, but it's not the entirety of the character. The show isn't just 10 episodes of him crying in his apartment about how he'll never be human again. The writers actually let him do other things.
    Those writer understand the audience that they are writing for. You are not just writing for comic book fans, entitlement fans and so on. You are writing for a LARGE audience.

As for Priest I think he does not want to have to a black lead title. Where he does all this stuff and NO ONE NOTICES because of the various reasons that come with writing a black lead book. Same with Wallace & Tanya. He can do those things in Deathstroke & Justice League and folks will notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

Other fans are just wishing for him to be something he is not. And that's what I've often seen from people in this topic. I always see them brainstorming and wishing for these grand ideas for Cyborg that usually involve him being some kind of uber tech god who can turn into a regular looking human and grow his penis back, but that's just not who the character is and those fans are just pissing in the wind. Which is fine! Don't let me rain on your parade. We're all just here to have fun.
    s.
    I get where you are coming from but you say this in a world where Hulk as pure horror concept is doing better than Batman. With my point being they change what was the normal pattern which is more sci fi /Super hero(yes hulk did begin as horrorish concept) to horror concept which drastically different and they are having great success. Maybe when I am bored I will show the vast changes like they have done to Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Punisher,etc at times of course they always change them back to the Iconic look and status quo but they have been changes for characters which have been popular but the norm is just more popular. And the thing is with Cyborg it is worth "the Risk" because there is clear upside unlike Superman where there is no upside to keep him as Electric superman. Now some of the stuff being said is wild fan fantasy where we don't have to limit ourselves.If we had to ground ourselves I sure more people would say they want Cyborg to look like the Ivan Reis version and treat/used similar to how he was in flash point and those things aren't pissing in the wind.Don't mistake sheer fan enthuthiasm for being oblivious of what a company would do because of back catalog.Plus there is a middle ground between Tech God and stupid half head on pure robot body(which what DC favors)

Anyways any reason to show Reis Cyborg is worth it

Most people will be happy with Reis design with the updated symbol on the chest below

just fun this isn't bad either as a middle ground

Capture1.jpg
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-03-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I get where you are coming from but you say this in a world where Hulk as pure horror concept is doing better than Batman. With my point being they change what was the normal pattern which is more sci fi /Super hero(yes hulk did begin as horrorish concept) to horror concept which drastically different and they are having great success. Maybe when I am bored I will show the vast changes like they have done to Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Punisher,etc at times of course they always change them back to the Iconic look and status quo but they have been changes for characters which have been popular but the norm is just more popular. And the thing is with Cyborg it is worth "the Risk" because there is clear upside unlike Superman where there is no upside to keep him as Electric superman. Now some of the stuff being said is wild fan fantasy where we don't have to limit ourselves.If we had to ground ourselves I sure more people would say they want Cyborg to look like the Ivan Reis version and treat/used similar to how he was in flash point and those things aren't pissing in the wind.Don't mistake sheer fan enthuthiasm for being oblivious of what a company would do because of back catalog.Plus there is a middle ground between Tech God and stupid half head on pure robot body(which what DC favors)

Anyways any reason to show Reis Cyborg is worth it

Most people will be happy with Reis design with the updated symbol on the chest below

just fun this isn't bad either as a middle ground

Capture1.jpg
    Oh I REALLY like that third one ! Where is it from and why can't we have nice things like that?!?

Also, I concur with everything you just said.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-03-2019 at 11:26 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Oh I REALLY like that third one ! Where is it from and why can't we have nice things like that?!?

Also, I concur with everything you just said.
    It is fan concept art of what they should do with Cyborg

Hulk started out as a "horror concept" and that element has always existed in the character. And Doom Patrol is actually highlighting all the things people loved about the OG Cyborg.

Things don't happen in a vacuum team.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Anyone know if the last storyline from the cancelled Cyborg solo series will ever be finished? It featured the first appearance of Mekkan X which is selling above cover price on the back issue market.
    I also wanted to comment about how a good a Cyborg movie or a tv series can be if they make an effort to be as realistic as possible. The nu 52 Cyborg was created when the Mother Box exploded and burned over half his body. This means the upper part of his skin were burnt off- the epidermis and the dermis. On a normal person the epidermis and the dermis acts as a protective layer keeping pathogens from entering the body and most importantly the skin is porporous and sheds regularly by proliferating and differentiating which is cell division and cell migration. A focus of one aspect of a cyborg's body, the skin, would make a related movie which is something that the character Cyborg needs. A realistic Cyborg movie will have Cyborg's skin as close as possible to the look and feel of real human skin. It will be cybernetic but it will also be sensitive to touch, porous, sheds and divides like regular human skin. Maybe bullets will be absorbed into his body instead of bouncing off like in the comics.
    Warner Bros should put Cyborg on HBO mini series. Do a soft reboot (but keep Ray Fisher) and make it as realistic as possible.

Sorry about the big type. I can't figure out how to resize it.

Hulk grew in popular being something far far different than horror. So that is message 1 that you can change from your original formula and go on to greater success. Hulk also is message 2 you can change from the formula every one is used for your popularity go in a vastly different direction and have great success. Good characters evolve
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-04-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Spot on with everything you say here. Hulk started a particular way but he obviously changed from horror concept to a more wishfulfilment character. That's why it stands out so much with him going full horror right now.

The great thing about Doom Patrol Vic is, first, the Reis design. Secondly, the advancements in his body that are still happening. (As technology naturally does) And third, is that he won't be stuck in that "woe is me" cycle.
    Last edited by Iconic; 06-04-2019 at 05:08 AM.