Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I think that in this instance that Geoff Johns may have contradicted himself between two storylines. But are you saying that because Cyborg is covered in metal from the waist down in John's Titans run he didn't have a penis? I do not necessarily believe that to be the case. I don't know the intent of Geoff Johns or the DC office but I generally believe that Cyborg's manhood is intake because why wouldn't he want a penis since he's a man? Maybe the DC office joke about Cyborg not having one but generally this shouldn't even be discussed in a book aimed at a general audience.
    Scientists today in the real world can make a penis for a Woman who want to transition into a man by taking a piece of her flesh from another part of her body. Also scientists can now make soft robots. I just read an article about how they made soft 2 inch worms that can be used as drones. So clearly today someone like Cyborg or even Robotman can have a penis. They are men after all so why wouldn't they want their manhood? The science is there but clearly today's comic book writers are stuck in the 80s or they're just do not care to do the research. Or maybe they think it's cool or funny that they possibly do not have one I don't know. But I hope that's not the case.
    I'm sorta now saying I don't believe he did. Because if he was stuck in that in between form and if it's all a one piece metal type deal... how does he get out of it. That an later he gets wrecked by Dr. Light...I think... and he looks almost all machine except for maybe his head.

But again, the whole penis avenue is not that huge of a deal. It's just his mid-torse and head where the traits that made him the most Human. Those physical traits made him and everyone else the most vulnerable. I think those traits are essential to the human half of him and set him apart from the Robot characters we were talking about before.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-08-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I

So far most of your "preferences" on Cyborg don't and have never existed. So what I'm saying lines up on how you are portraying yourself and your post. *shrug*
    I literally just posted showing all my preferences on Cyborg exist. I will do it again

1.More human less clunky robot look like Reis and Young Justice version

2. The ability to change his look with Nanotech and look completely human. The Semper Cyborg run

3. More importance to DC world ala Flashpoint or when he was the leader of Justice League

4. Him being technological heavy hitter most of his current runs

At this point this is stupid. I don't know how much clearer I can be but I guess you guys need issue numbers and pictures. When I get free time I will do just that
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-08-2019 at 06:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah I am saying Cyborg should be a Tech God who can look human and that sounds crazy to you. But If I say he should look like Reis or young justice version with the ability to nanotech transform into human-like in Walker books and he should carry more important universe like he did in the flashpoint. I am saying the same thing. My "Daydreams" are things that have actually happen in books.
    Well, apparently Cyborg looking human sounds crazy to DC, too. When Walker made Cyborg look human, he was off the book soon after, most likely because DC didn't want that. I recall Dan DiDio saying that Walker wrote himself into a corner. The corner was most likely making Cyborg look completely human, probably because DC feels that development negates one of the fundamental factors of the character.

When I say that people want Cyborg to be something that he isn't, it's a tech god that looks human for an extended period of time, as if that is his normal status quo. That has never been Cyborg and goes against certain fundamentals of the character. And yes, that would wash away much of what has made Cyborg who he is, and how people know him. You can change him, yes, but you'd pretty much have a different character, which I guess could be...an interesting progression, but it would fly in the face of the images of the character DC and WB have been promoting to millions of people, which have more or less been working.

Some of you are acting like such a change would be unanimously incredible. It is true that some of the things you mention have been done in the comics...and they have never worked for the character. At least not nearly as successfully as depictions that are closer to Marv Wolfman's intentions.

One thing I think most can agree on is that Cyborg should be more than half a black man's head on a robot body.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Well, apparently Cyborg looking human sounds crazy to DC, too. When Walker made Cyborg look human, he was off the book soon after, most likely because DC didn't want that. I recall Dan DiDio saying that Walker wrote himself into a corner. The corner was most likely making Cyborg look completely human, probably because DC feels that development negates one of the fundamental factors of the character.

When I say that people want Cyborg to be something that he isn't, it's a tech god that looks human for an extended period of time, as if that is his normal status quo. That has never been Cyborg and goes against certain fundamentals of the character. And yes, that would wash away much of what has made Cyborg who he is, and how people know him. You can change him, yes, but you'd pretty much have a different character, which I guess could be...an interesting progression, but it would fly in the face of the images of the character DC and WB have been promoting to millions of people, which have more or less been working.

Some of you are acting like such a change would be unanimously incredible. It is true that some of the things you mention have been done in the comics...and they have never worked for the character. At least not nearly as successfully as depictions that are closer to Marv Wolfman's intentions.

One thing I think most can agree on is that Cyborg should be more than half a black man's head on a robot body.
    This.

Everything Vamp S is saying here lines up to what is going on and who the character is. More importantly it lines up to when the character was at the height of its popularity. When the book(s) were actually selling. When people were excited about Cyborg and the Titans in general, asking for more.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

I'm sorta now saying I don't believe he did. Because if he was stuck in that in between form and if it's all a one piece metal type deal... how does he get out of it. That an later he gets wrecked by Dr. Light...I think... and he looks almost all machine except for maybe his head.

But again, the whole penis avenue is not that huge of a deal. It's just his mid-torse and head where the traits that made him the most Human. Those physical traits made him and everyone else the most vulnerable. I think those traits are essential to the human half of him and set him apart from the Robot characters we were talking about before.
    Well apparently he got out of the froze mode that the Thinker put him because Cyborg's cybernetic design is different in Geoff Johns Titans than the one that the Thinker froze him in. And that's why I stated that there's a contradiction between the two storylines. Also in Geoff's Titans Cyborg completely disassembled himself. His head was separated from his body in one scene.
    Also. I just see it as being a comic book costume. In real life it wouldn't be practice which is true for most comic book costumes. I would say that making Cyborg half man half robot in the eyes of most comic book creators is something that they feel is the cool comiky book thing to do. Just like Robotman. It's cool to have their limbs torn apart in battle scenes. Their intent is not to demean Cyborg's fans or the Black male fans that support Cyborg but most instances this seems to be the outcome despite the intent.
    And Cyborg fans now have to wrestle with if they want to continue ti support a character that may not have a penis or moving on to someone else. But I believe his manhood is intake as stated in my previous post so I will continue to read about Cyborg until it's stated otherwise.
    I knew this would become a big issue when he was cut in half in Batman v Superman. The biggest mistake in translating Cyborg for film is directly copying him comic book look. In the movies there's no need for Cyborg to be mostly robotic. He should look like the guys on the cover of cyborg romantic novels that are sold on book stores.
    Last edited by Wakeneuron; 06-08-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    Well apparently he got out of the froze mode that the Thinker put him because Cyborg's cybernetic design is different in Geoff Johns Titans than the one that the Thinker froze him in. And that's why I stated that there's a contradiction between the two storylines. Also in Geoff's Titans Cyborg completely disassembled himself. His head was separated from his body in one scene.
    Yeah that is what I'm talking about. Those things happened relatively close in continuity so it gives the appearance that he was just a head on a metal body.

But yeah I can see how it could just be a continuity error/contradiction. However, our boy Geoff John's would once again be driving that Cyborg is just a head on a frame narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

I had long response but all I need to say "Dan Didio".You are implying that Dan Didio is right on something.

Seriously companies like to fall back to past even when things are arguably better. I understand that It takes a really strong run to break the old status quo and develop a new one. For example, Batman upgrades away from his old suit with outside shorts and that become the new status quo until someone at DC decided to go back to old underoos. DC broke free from the stupid looking outside shorts but someone made the decision to go back when no hero in this era is designed like that. I understand your point these companies love their old classic designs what I am saying is that new classic design also comes along which changing stuff. For example Black Panther, Harley Quinn, Iron Man, Shazam, Catwoman.

I don't think it is a matter of it not working I think it is a matter of lazy leadership falling back on things they perceive to work even when things are already working. Cyborg does not have a consistent modern design that they fell in love with so they will always fall back on the old stuff. It is going to company-wide push ala "Captian Marvel" or "Nu52 Superman" for Cyborg to move forward. That should have been Reis design imo

And just when you think they might have a somewhat decent point they end on Nu52 Superman which was a complete failure and Captain Marvel which is an On-going failure in comics, as examples of what works. SMH lol

Edit: I'm going give the curtsey of explaining this further.....

These characters Black Panther, Harley Quinn, Iron Man, Shazam(not really sure this one counts yet), Catwoman are successful because they happen naturally and fan's in the end decided they where.

These characters failed Nu52 Superman and Captain Marvel because the company decided they will push/force them until fans like them. The result ended with Nu52 Superman being one of the lowest selling Superman runs in history and it's eventual cancellation and "relaunch". Marvel on the other hand is still pushing and in some area's loosing money on Captain Marvel. Which is their business and right to do so but doesn't mean comics fans are ever really going to change their mind. *shrug*
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-08-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Thanks to Black Panther, I developed a crush on Cyborg and this is the way it's been until now when I tried to take a break from DC and discovered how hot Falcon is.

Spectacular Member

With Cyborg everytime a writer has him progress, DC just regresses him back to the start. Following him his like running around in a circle. Most of us see the potential but DC keeps saying, "Nah, he ain't big leagues worthy." Cyborg Walker run with Reis design scrapped, Semper run scrapped, Priest Cyborg 1 Million scrapped, Priest Cyborg leader of the justice league scrapped, Sejic Cyborg design scrapped, and once Justice League Odyssey is over you best believe any progress from there will be scrapped too. I love Cyborg since I've first seen him on Teen Titans the cartoon years ago to his current airing on Young Justice (I really like this design as being more of him and the tech being integrated than just looking like prosthetics or a half a black head on a tank) I know it's against the rules of the appreciation to talk down about the character, but I got no faith in DC when it comes to continuity of his character (or with any of their black characters really). How can I appreciate him when DC themselves don't. I can say that this is why I'm more into Image or Valiant comics than DC or Marvel for these kinds of characters. I'll keep looking at the issues my boy Viic is in but I ain't gonna be surprised when they reduce him back to square one again.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

That's why they should hire me to write Cyborg. Happy Cyborg is the Cyborg you didn't know you wanted.

Astonishing Member

And just when you think they might have a somewhat decent point they end on Nu52 Superman which was a complete failure and Captain Marvel which is an On-going failure in comics, as examples of what works. SMH lol

Edit: I'm going give the curtsey of explaining this further.....

These characters Black Panther, Harley Quinn, Iron Man, Shazam(not really sure this one counts yet), Catwoman are successful because they happen naturally and fan's in the end decided they where.

These characters failed Nu52 Superman and Captain Marvel because the company decided they will push/force them until fans like them. The result ended with Nu52 Superman being one of the lowest selling Superman runs in history and it's eventual cancellation and "relaunch". Marvel on the other hand is still pushing and in some area's loosing money on Captain Marvel. Which is their business and right to do so but doesn't mean comics fans are ever really going to change their mind. *shrug*
    The only thing wrong with New 52 Superman was the pushing of the Superman x Wonder Woman ship. As for Marvel's handling of Captain Marvel, I think they're doing things right. The opinion of fans is not always right. If Marvel listened to the fans, most of their female and minority characters wouldn't be pushed or getting books. DC's problem with Cyborg is that they seem afraid or unwilling to consistently move his character forward. Once JLO ends, he'll be reverted back to man vs machine angst or being on the JL and doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    That's why they should hire me to write Cyborg. Happy Cyborg is the Cyborg you didn't know you wanted.
    I think we all know we want Happy Cyborg. That may just be the one thing we all agree on LOL
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only thing wrong with New 52 Superman was the pushing of the Superman x Wonder Woman ship. As for Marvel's handling of Captain Marvel, I think they're doing things right. The opinion of fans is not always right. If Marvel listened to the fans, most of their female and minority characters wouldn't be pushed or getting books. DC's problem with Cyborg is that they seem afraid or unwilling to consistently move his character forward. Once JLO ends, he'll be reverted back to man vs machine angst or being on the JL and doing nothing.
    It was even that complex I was talking about Superhero costumes. I was talking about how characters have a classic look and company successful change what is classic look/appearance of the character. I was talking about how they successful transition from Superman old look to his look without trunks,I was talking about how they went from Ms Marvel bikini look to Captain Marvel. In fact has actually happened with Cyborg

He went from above version to more robocop version. And people see the below version as accepted version. My point was simply yes they have a set look and operating status quo that they will push but some characters they have successful transition away from those looks and they are even couple of characters who are completely different. I am saying just like DC changed the most iconic look in comics and make it stick. Harley quinn transition from a villian to antihero . You can successfully make a major change and it sticks. Regardless of Nu 52 Superman success sales wise the costume change worked. People were comfortable with how Superman looked. That was the point people could get comfortable with a big change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Regardless of Nu 52 Superman success sales wise the costume change worked. People were comfortable with how Superman looked. That was the point people could get comfortable with a big change.
    Man, what reality are you living in? That costume change was controversial and did not work. DC went right back to Superman's original costume and threw that one in the junk along with the rest of New 52 Superman. If it had worked, that wouldn't have happened.

Furthermore, are you aware that your avatar looks just like "Sexual Chocolate" Mark Henry?
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-09-2019 at 01:15 AM.