Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

What suit do see being used in media? It worked imo . The talk from what I seen on superman boards on the suit wasn't about bring back the trunks. It was more on how happy they were with Rebirth Suit which is slight modification from Nu52 suit the switch back actually was pretty mixed from what I have seen. And changing the suit back in not indication of failure but of people in charge of DC publishing have their heads up their butts, Nobody ask back for the Batman in trunks and yet they did it too. We do can whole topic on DC reverting back things that worked like bring back Barry and Hal when it was not necessary. We are going to agree to disagree on this with caveat that when the next Superman film release I bet you he is not going to be in trunks. I bet you Batman in his next movie is not going to be trunks. And what does it say when your large media representative experience shows a version of character that does match the books.

Now that you say it yes the picture looks like Mark Henry.

And of course to keep it on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Man, what reality are you living in? That costume change was controversial and did not work. DC went right back to Superman's original costume and threw that one in the junk along with the rest of New 52 Superman. If it had worked, that wouldn't have happened.

Furthermore, are you aware that your avatar looks just like "Sexual Chocolate" Mark Henry?
    This. And I was indifferent with the no trunks or trunks look but Truth is Truth.

The trunks issue wasn't even the only thing wrong with New 52 character.There where several issues that Fans did not like resulting it's eventual failure. Captain Marvel is basically in the same boat. With the only difference being Marvel is protecting her in-spite of continual low sales and loss of money.

Also, in terms of Comic and Mass media, particularly movies non-animated they really shouldn't be brought into the discussion. Because people who go see the films on average don't transform into comic readers. At best, their are probably more who go on internet forums and demand changes to things they know very little about and still forgo reading the actual comics.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-09-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think we all know we want Happy Cyborg. That may just be the one thing we all agree on LOL
    FINALLY! People who understand me!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

BANNED

I just realized that alCyborg-smallville-10795036-480-720.jpgl of the things that most fans want in terms of how Cyborg looks-without too much cybernetics and bulky armor was done in the Lee Thompson's version of Cyborg on Smallville. But fans complain, made fun of and ridiculed his costume, his hoodie and also the lack of a face plate.
    download.jpeg.jpg
    Last edited by Wakeneuron; 06-09-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I just realized that alCyborg-smallville-10795036-480-720.jpgl of the things that most fans want in terms of how Cyborg looks-without too much cybernetics and bulky armor was done in the Lee Thompson's version of Cyborg on Smallville. But fans complain, made fun of and ridiculed his costume, his hoodie and also the lack of a face plate.
    download.jpeg.jpg
    I liked Lee Thompson Young's (RIP) rendition of Cyborg for the very reasons most people disliked him as you mentioned. I liked that he appeared to look like an average person without any visible enhancements.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Walker/Semper both gave Cyborg a foundation to build future stories from so I'd just continue from there. The weakest aspects are Cyborg's dynamic with Dr. Morrow and the Justice league specifically so I'd work on those in a hypothetical volume 3.

Regarding potential villains I favor a D)All of the above approach. You should always be revamping old villains and creating new ones as rogues galleries are built on repeat usage. But Cyborg facing existing villains is what Marvel/DC is built on so just find a balance between the various groups.

Designwise the Ivan Reis look in the DC You is the best and it should be his standard look across the board.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-09-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Saw a clip from Doom Patrol featuring Cyborg. I noticed his operating system is called Grid. Cool that they’re planting the seeds for a potential Grid emergence and storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Saw a clip from Doom Patrol featuring Cyborg. I noticed his operating system is called Grid. Cool that they’re planting the seeds for a potential Grid emergence and storyline.
    Yeah, they are definitely building toward a Grid storyline, Grid was a pretty big part of Cyborg's story this season.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

NOPE! That was all concocted by Mr. Nobody in order to get Cyborg to kill his dad. I just want to hear Grid being voiced by Joivan Wade with his natural British accent! GRID IS HOT!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

I just wanna see Cyborg team up with the Metal Men again.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    NOPE! That was all concocted by Mr. Nobody in order to get Cyborg to kill his dad. I just want to hear Grid being voiced by Joivan Wade with his natural British accent! GRID IS HOT!
    You weren't paying attention, Mr. Nobody didn't manipulate everything. Only the last bit in the cells when Grid was separated from Vic was completely fabricated, Grid really was doing stuff. At the least it's ambiguous just how much Grid was doing.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I just wanna see Cyborg team up with the Metal Men again.
    I hear about that team-up and it sounds so perfect but I've never read the story where they worked together. Which run/issue was that?

currently following:

I hear about that team-up and it sounds so perfect but I've never read the story where they worked together. Which run/issue was that?
    It was during Johns’ Justice League run during the Forever Evil arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It was during Johns’ Justice League run during the Forever Evil arc.
    Ah, no wonder I never saw it, I'm very hot and cold with Johns and it only cared about the villains in Forever Evil; it was a perfect storm of blindspots. Thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll give it a look now.

currently following:

Incredible Member

I think we all know we want Happy Cyborg. That may just be the one thing we all agree on LOL
    Along with a Happy Cyborg, we want the nano-organic version that was introduced a few years back where he could become normal and had the different "modes" (streamlined and battle-ready). Also stop with the man vs machine stories and battle for his humanity... So tiresome.

Guess this is too much to ask...