Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Tell me about it.

Anyone got any ideas what you'd like to do with the character? In terms of personal life or non-heroing professional life (would he ever have one)? Or even in heroing, what types of villains, etc.?
    In his personal life, I'd like to see him use technology to improve people's lives. Like providing high artificial limbs to disadvantaged/disabled kids and veterans. This could lead to a storyline where Cyborg wants to use his technology to help people while the government wants to weaponize it.

Cyborg was involved in sports, so he would know the value of a good coach. I'd like to see him lead a team of misfits/problematic characters(possibly a few villains?) and turn them into proper heroes or at least set them on the path of reformation.

I've been flamed for saying this, but I'd borrow some villains who are underused or forgotten and make them Cyborg's rogues:

1.Ultra Humanite-Cyborg's archenemy, both have transhuman elements(Cyborg via technology, Humanite via body snatching/possession). Give him some metahuman henchmen and a new angle(metahuman supremacy?) or have him covet Cyborg's body since a cybernetic body would be a boon in the current digital age.

2.Dr.Polaris- Barely used anymore and his magnetism counters Cyborg.

3.Dr.Cyber- A cliche choice, but she's barely used in WW anymore.

4.Brother Blood- Used to be Cyborg's enemy before writers gave him a connection to Trigon and made him a nemesis of Raven.

5. Cobalt Blue- Flash shouldn't have a monopoly on speedster villains. Just drop the 'Barry Allen's evil twin' angle and go from there.
    Last edited by king81992; 06-28-2019 at 03:55 PM.

BANNED

Cyborg can easily work with local and state governments to prevent cyber attacks. Just this week a city paid someone half a million in bitcoins for a ransomeware attack. According to business insiders US cities are ill prepared for cyberattacks which will happen again in the future.

If Cyborg's history with the Titans is intact again then Deathstroke and Brother Blood should definetly be among his enemies since Deathstroke kidnapped Sarah Simms in NTT # 10 and Brother Blood killed his high school girlfriend in NTT # 21.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    Cyborg can easily work with local and state governments to prevent cyber attacks. Just this week a city paid someone half a million in bitcoins for a ransomeware attack. According to business insiders US cities are ill prepared for cyberattacks which will happen again in the future.

If Cyborg's history with the Titans is intact again then Deathstroke and Brother Blood should definetly be among his enemies since Deathstroke kidnapped Sarah Simms in NTT # 10 and Brother Blood killed his high school girlfriend in NTT # 21.
    You just gave me an idea.

CSI Cyber is what you just suggested.

Cyborg has a team together that digs around the cyber realm. Minor crime to world level crimes.

In other words expand Oracle on a bigger scale.

And to expand it even more-you can have Cyborg and his team team up with other heroes. So you can show just how valuable Cyborg can be.

I can think of 3 members that we have seen-I just need 2 more.

I got to get to sketching.

Anyone got any ideas what you'd like to do with the character? In terms of personal life or non-heroing professional life (would he ever have one)? Or even in heroing, what types of villains, etc.?
    I did suggest a Titans team in New Orleans led by Cyborg.

http://fav.me/dcqcl6x

Titans New Orleans.

The team

Leader-Cyborg (Earth One version)
    Xs
    Cyborg's buddy Exxy Clark (John Sepmter Jr run)
    Hotspot (RIP)
    Aqualad (Young Justice version)
    See-More (Teen Titans cartoons)
    Tanya Spears

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You just gave me an idea.

CSI Cyber is what you just suggested.

Cyborg has a team together that digs around the cyber realm. Minor crime to world level crimes.

In other words expand Oracle on a bigger scale.

And to expand it even more-you can have Cyborg and his team team up with other heroes. So you can show just how valuable Cyborg can be.

I can think of 3 members that we have seen-I just need 2 more.

I got to get to sketching.

I did suggest a Titans team in New Orleans led by Cyborg.

http://fav.me/dcqcl6x
    A Cyborg CSI Cyber show would make a good tv show sans the costly cgi effects.

Theoritically Cyborg could pose a threat countries since he can access all computer networks and might automatically be declared a enemy combantant in some countries since he's a US citizen. But becoming 'stateless', without a country could resolve those issues and signal to other countries that he is neutral and will not work on behalf of the US.

In his personal life, I'd like to see him use technology to improve people's lives. Like providing high artificial limbs to disadvantaged/disabled kids and veterans.
    I like this idea, too. Very much. It fits quite well with his technological interests/skills and with him spending time with the kids that had prosthetics back in NTT. Actually, I rather like the idea of him developing the implant for Barbara's paralysis, too. Something he would have started working on before she ever got shot (same time he working on limbs and such). Also of him developing the prosthetic arm for the cop in Duke Thomas' miniseries, though I don't specifically recall whether it was as functional as a regular hand, but it looked high-techish.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    In his personal life, I'd like to see him use technology to improve people's lives. Like providing high artificial limbs to disadvantaged/disabled kids and veterans. This could lead to a storyline where Cyborg wants to use his technology to help people while the government wants to weaponize it.

Cyborg was involved in sports, so he would know the value of a good coach. I'd like to see him lead a team of misfits/problematic characters(possibly a few villains?) and turn them into proper heroes or at least set them on the path of reformation.

I've been flamed for saying this, but I'd borrow some villains who are underused or forgotten and make them Cyborg's rogues:

1.Ultra Humanite-Cyborg's archenemy, both have transhuman elements(Cyborg via technology, Humanite via body snatching/possession). Give him some metahuman henchmen and a new angle(metahuman supremacy?) or have him covet Cyborg's body since a cybernetic body would be a boon in the current digital age.

2.Dr.Polaris- Barely used anymore and his magnetism counters Cyborg.

3.Dr.Cyber- A cliche choice, but she's barely used in WW anymore.

4.Brother Blood- Used to be Cyborg's enemy before writers gave him a connection to Trigon and made him a nemesis of Raven.

5. Cobalt Blue- Flash shouldn't have a monopoly on speedster villains. Just drop the 'Barry Allen's evil twin' angle and go from there.
    Uh... Grid?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Uh... Grid?
    I knew I was forgetting someone. Honestly, I'm not sure why Grid hasn't been turned into the DC version of Ultron yet. This guy has the same powerset as Cyborg but none of the humanity or morality.

SO many ideas. Just listing them would be a small essay. I'm willing to bet I've got at least five years worth of stories in my head for Vic.

Generally speaking, I'd shift the narrative from "am I man or machine?" to "am I man or (New) god....and is there really a difference?" The human race is trying like hell to become what Vic is; we're plugged in, we wear our technology, even cybernetics have gone from "pure fiction" to "not uncommon." Vic Stone is the herald of the next stage of human evolution, and it's his job to help make sure we make that transition responsibly and safely.

Vic's angst over his situation would be in the rear view mirror; he struggled with what he's become, he's accepted it, made his peace with it, and loves his life now. A good dose of that TTGO! attitude would get brought in, because Vic constantly moaning about how horrible his life is? That doesn't make much sense in today's world and is boring as hell regardless.

Narratives would go all over the place, with the kind of range and scope you expect from Superman. Vic has access to Boom Tubes, so all of space and multiple dimensional realms are within his reach, and it wouldnt take much to get him to access time either. So helping evacuate an alien planet before it explodes, dealing with cyber threats on earth (election meddling, identity theft, digital civil rights, all kinds of headlines to use as inspiration without being on the nose with the commentary), alien invaders, super villains, community projects, technological development and research.....there's damn little you can't do with Vic.

I'd claim the Fearsome Five as Vic's rogues; individually they're just minor annoyances for a guy with a Mother Box for a heart. As a group they're a viable challenge. Jinx would also work well as a "star crossed love interest" kind of foe; not someone Vic actually pursues romantically, but there's be chemistry there. Gizmo would be built up as Vic's "Lex Luthor." I'd also steal Mokari and Symian, the scientists who run Darkseid's Evil Factory. They're such minor players in the New Gods drama no one will notice their absence, and I'd have them be fascinated by Vic and want to use him as a blueprint for a new generation of parademon. I'd also work on developing Vic's original rogues like Grid and the cyborg aliens from the New52 series, who's names I always forget. And of course, new dangers (not all of them tech-based) would be brought in.

Sara Charles, Beast Boy and Vic's father would make up the "core" of Vic's supporting cast, with Sara going from "potential" love interest to "legit" love interest. Beast Boy would be semi-retired as a hero but using his newfound celebrity as the "Andy Serkis" of the DCU to push social agendas (mostly built around lost, troubled kids). I'd also try to work in Martin Stein (of Firestorm), mostly because I love Stein and think he'd have a fun dynamic with Vic and Dr. Stone. That blues singer, called Blue, would definitely stick around too of course. And I'd likely bring in a few other familiar faces as well as make some new ones.

No "regular" job for Vic, but he'd work with STAR Labs a lot (not FOR the Lab, WITH), as well as the occasional military gig with Argus. In his down time, on top of eating pizza and playing video games, Vic would sing the blues (stealing this idea from someone else), restore classic cars, and cook.

Vic's powers would be properly New Gods-ish. Vic should be on Superman's power level....if not beyond it. And that includes the ability to make himself look fully human. But part of Vic's character growth would be him deciding that, unless he's actively trying to keep things low key, he's not going to disguise who and what he is. He's not ashamed of the cybernetics anymore, and if people stare or judge him.....he's just sorry for their sad bitch asses. But he can totally make himself look "normal" and do all the things he's always done, plus all the stuff the New Gods can do, all on a Kryptonian level of raw power.

Detroit would be the setting, and certain current events from that region (Flint!) would absolutely get talked about, because that sh*t is a gods damn embarrassment and deserves more attention from people.

TL;DR

I'd turn Vic into "tech-based black Superman." With crazy adventures from the bottom of the sea to higher planes of reality and parallel worlds, tons of raw power, and a smile on his face.
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-29-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Sara Charles, Beast Boy and Vic's father would make up the "core" of Vic's supporting cast,
    Oooh, I can't demote Gar like that. I love him more than Vic. Well, old him. I love the friendship between him and Vic so much. But it must remain a friendship of equals, not one important/hero and one supporting/not.

Oooh, I can't demote Gar like that. I love him more than Vic. Well, old him. I love the friendship between him and Vic so much. But it must remain a friendship of equals, not one important/hero and one supporting/not.
    Think of it as another book beyond the Titans for Gar to show up in. It's just more panel time for him really. His and Vic's friendship would still be the same as it's always been, Gar would just have his life put together a little more than he usually does.

I've talked about my ideas for Gar in more detail (there's more than I posted here) before, and while not all his fans are down with my ideas, several had said that it would be fine with them. If you had the whole spiel, maybe you'd be one of them (and if not, that's cool, not everyone is gonna like everything). In my mind, it's less of a "demotion" and more like taking Gar to the next stage in life, where he's doing things differently but is no less a hero. He'd still suit up and save lives and all that, but he'd find that he's actually making a bigger change in the world by using his celebrity status than he did as a superhero.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's far more fun to read you guy's ideas for Vic than any idea DC has come up with. So many unused villains that could be reinvented for a modern age to be a foil to Cyborg. Battles on such an advanced technological scale. A sleek new look that each new artist could competently draw.

Oh the possibilities under a visionary, competent writer, art team and editor...

Honestly Iconic, I think Vic would be in a pretty good spot if DC just gave a damn. He isn't one of those difficult, complex characters who really *needs* high quality talent, he could get by just fine with average creators...like, someone like Dan Jurgens (who I like, but he's not at the top of the industry anymore) would probably churn out perfectly acceptable Cyborg stories.....if DC cared enough to actually use him right and let him move beyond the NTT status quo, which ended decades ago.

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

CSI Cyber! Starring:

Cyborg
    Oracle/Batgirl
    Ted Kord/Blue Beetle
    Mister Terrific
    Natasha Irons/Steel

Just to name a few.

The team would act like a network, and work on specific cases (like an old Mission: Impossible! episode).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    It's far more fun to read you guy's ideas for Vic than any idea DC has come up with. So many unused villains that could be reinvented for a modern age to be a foil to Cyborg. Battles on such an advanced technological scale. A sleek new look that each new artist could competently draw.

Oh the possibilities under a visionary, competent writer, art team and editor...
    You don't need A list folks for Cyborg.

You just need INVESTMENT. If you are wanting DC to be the top black person at DC-that does mean trial and error.

Carol Danvers has 11 shots. Moon Knight will have his 9th sooner than later.

You can be creative.

If you want to do mini series ALA Rivers of London at Titan go for it. 6 issues of Cyborg a year would be FINE. A solo Cyborg mini for 6 and Cyborg teaming up with someone for the others. In words build him as a solo person and show how valuable he is with others.

I'm kinda surprised Cyborg doesn't have a book in one of those imprints
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8