Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 261
  1. #46
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's called UNDERSTANDING your audience.

    Those shows know they are not pandering to a entitlement fanbase. Who can't understand why folks would have an issue with Cyborg's looks and will tell you "he's in Justice League and that is all that matters!"

    Why the rest of the planet will ask why does he look like that when he has alien technology to do whatever and being a cyborg SHOULD be able to have a better look in general. Six Million Dollar Man says HI.

    Also from a merchandise standpoint-those looks are way easier to make for toys or statues. Truth be told both Mattel and Spin Master has the toy molds to make that Young Justice Cyborg.
    I don't know if it's so much that as having to work under a TV budget and a different kind of show (Doom Patrol) and the fact that he's not even finalized as Cyborg yet (Young Justice).

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,540

    Default

    The way I see it, it's just a good thing he doesn't look like a robot in here. And if they decide to make him more robotic, especially with the Mother Box in the mix, they could always give him the nanomachines aspect where he could just turn from his regular look to his robot look at will. I would actually love to see something like that, where most of the times his superhero look resembles his casual look, and only goes into full robot mode in dire circumstances.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Father box

    The movie Cyborg needs to get the YJ design.

    Course he only showed enhanced physicals and a arm cannon, so hopefully he can do more than that.
    You want your SB/kon-el/Conner kent fix

    Read and watch both YJs
    Watch Reign of the Supermen
    He is coming to Titans
    He might be back in Injustice

    Support your favorite SUPER clone

  4. #49
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,974

    Default

    Poor Zeno Robinson can't seem to get out from under Khary Payton's shadow, if only because he keeps interacting with characters voiced by Khary Payton.

    One of them even uses Payton's Cyborg voice and says "Booyah" the exact same way .

  5. #50
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Zeno Robinson can't seem to get out from under Khary Payton's shadow, if only because he keeps interacting with characters voiced by Khary Payton.

    One of them even uses Payton's Cyborg voice and says "Booyah" the exact same way .
    I thought that was hilarious

    I wonder if his Smallville look is gonna be his final design, I'll be good with that decision if it is but I'm also interested in seeing another take.

    I also loved the fatherbox healing/transformation process. It was beautifully gruesome.

  6. #51
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder if his Smallville look is gonna be his final design, I'll be good with that decision if it is but I'm also interested in seeing another take.
    I doubt it will be, if only because he'll probably have a more "Superhero" look once he officially becomes Cyborg.
    I also loved the fatherbox healing/transformation process. It was beautifully gruesome.
    Yeah, they did the body horror aspect of Cyborg's origin justice.

  7. #52
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Young Justice's done probably the most engaging Cyborg origin I've seen in a while. The body horror, the that eerie almost cosmic horror feel when he was in that healing tomb; awesome. I hope the cybernetics expand more but I don't want them to wittle him down to basically a head and lung in a clunky robot body. Something along the lines of his DC You design definitely would be great.

    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-25-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Duke's a fine character, you guys are just hungry... (respect thread)

    John Stewart is my Lantern.

    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Naomi, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Moon Girl, Avengers

    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  8. #53
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Young Justice's done probably the most engaging Cyborg origin I've seen in a while. The body horror, the that eerie almost cosmic horror feel when he was in that healing tomb; awesome. I hope the cybernetics expand more but I don't want them to wittle him down to basically a head and lung in a clunky robot body. Something along the lines of his DC You design definitely would be great.

    Damn man, that design never gets old. Very badass. So of course DC got rid of it.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    YJ Cyborg reminds me of how Wolfman wrote him which is a good thing imo.

  10. #55
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-h...ed-cyborg/amp/

    So I was reading this and I find myself disagreeing with this; I don't think Johns "fixed" Cyborg here. In fact, I'd say what Johns did was antithetical to Vic's development. I want to know what you guys think.
    Duke's a fine character, you guys are just hungry... (respect thread)

    John Stewart is my Lantern.

    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Naomi, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Moon Girl, Avengers

    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  11. #56
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Young Justice's done probably the most engaging Cyborg origin I've seen in a while. The body horror, the that eerie almost cosmic horror feel when he was in that healing tomb; awesome. I hope the cybernetics expand more but I don't want them to wittle him down to basically a head and lung in a clunky robot body. Something along the lines of his DC You design definitely would be great.
    I think this is probably the most time spent focused on his origin in an adaption. Four episodes in and he's not even going by Cyborg yet.

    I did kind of wonder if Vic might take over Halo's job of getting brutally mauled every 3 episodes or so. I think his mutilation after the accident was why they didn't kill Halo again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    YJ Cyborg reminds me of how Wolfman wrote him which is a good thing imo.
    I think this is probably the closest we've gotten to Wolfman/Perez Cyborg in an adaption.

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    This was perfect! Exactly, how I thought it would look. Love this design and I don't think anything really needs to change. When Vic becomes Cyborg the best thing they can do is give him a suit that matches the overall esthetic of traditional Cyborg's vibe. People forget that improving technology isn't adding on more clunky and bulky parts. It's making it more streamline and improving the technology within to work better , faster, and at a higher efficiency.




    Well Done Young Justice Team! WELL DONE!

    DC COMICs.... Step up you game and please give us THIS Cyborg in the comics. I would buy the crap out of it!
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-26-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  13. #58
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-h...ed-cyborg/amp/

    So I was reading this and I find myself disagreeing with this; I don't think Johns "fixed" Cyborg here. In fact, I'd say what Johns did was antithetical to Vic's development. I want to know what you guys think.
    That entire article is a joke. It didn't fix anything. It just meant that Vic has to go through the same tropes over and over again. Characters should progress. Cyborg keeps going backwards.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I canít relate.

    DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

    Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

    Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,507

    Default


    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This was perfect! Exactly, how I thought it would look. Love this design and I don't think anything really needs to change. When Vic becomes Cyborg the best thing they can do is give him a suit that matches the overall esthetic of traditional Cyborg's vibe. People forget that improving technology isn't adding on more clunky and bulky parts. It's making it more streamline and improving the technology within to work better , faster, and at a higher efficiency.




    Well Done Young Justice Team! WELL DONE!

    DC COMICs.... Step up you game and please give us THIS Cyborg in the comics. I would buy the crap out of it!
    Really hope that’s the final design and he doesn’t look like a robot if he ever appears again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •