Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's called UNDERSTANDING your audience.

Those shows know they are not pandering to a entitlement fanbase. Who can't understand why folks would have an issue with Cyborg's looks and will tell you "he's in Justice League and that is all that matters!"

Why the rest of the planet will ask why does he look like that when he has alien technology to do whatever and being a cyborg SHOULD be able to have a better look in general. Six Million Dollar Man says HI.

Also from a merchandise standpoint-those looks are way easier to make for toys or statues. Truth be told both Mattel and Spin Master has the toy molds to make that Young Justice Cyborg.
    I don't know if it's so much that as having to work under a TV budget and a different kind of show (Doom Patrol) and the fact that he's not even finalized as Cyborg yet (Young Justice).

The way I see it, it's just a good thing he doesn't look like a robot in here. And if they decide to make him more robotic, especially with the Mother Box in the mix, they could always give him the nanomachines aspect where he could just turn from his regular look to his robot look at will. I would actually love to see something like that, where most of the times his superhero look resembles his casual look, and only goes into full robot mode in dire circumstances.

Kon93

Father box

The movie Cyborg needs to get the YJ design.

Course he only showed enhanced physicals and a arm cannon, so hopefully he can do more than that.

Poor Zeno Robinson can't seem to get out from under Khary Payton's shadow, if only because he keeps interacting with characters voiced by Khary Payton.

One of them even uses Payton's Cyborg voice and says "Booyah" the exact same way .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Zeno Robinson can't seem to get out from under Khary Payton's shadow, if only because he keeps interacting with characters voiced by Khary Payton.

One of them even uses Payton's Cyborg voice and says "Booyah" the exact same way .
    I thought that was hilarious

I wonder if his Smallville look is gonna be his final design, I'll be good with that decision if it is but I'm also interested in seeing another take.

I also loved the fatherbox healing/transformation process. It was beautifully gruesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder if his Smallville look is gonna be his final design, I'll be good with that decision if it is but I'm also interested in seeing another take.
    I doubt it will be, if only because he'll probably have a more "Superhero" look once he officially becomes Cyborg.
    I also loved the fatherbox healing/transformation process. It was beautifully gruesome.
    Yeah, they did the body horror aspect of Cyborg's origin justice.

Young Justice's done probably the most engaging Cyborg origin I've seen in a while. The body horror, the that eerie almost cosmic horror feel when he was in that healing tomb; awesome. I hope the cybernetics expand more but I don't want them to wittle him down to basically a head and lung in a clunky robot body. Something along the lines of his DC You design definitely would be great.

Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-25-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Young Justice's done probably the most engaging Cyborg origin I've seen in a while. The body horror, the that eerie almost cosmic horror feel when he was in that healing tomb; awesome. I hope the cybernetics expand more but I don't want them to wittle him down to basically a head and lung in a clunky robot body. Something along the lines of his DC You design definitely would be great.

Damn man, that design never gets old. Very badass. So of course DC got rid of it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

YJ Cyborg reminds me of how Wolfman wrote him which is a good thing imo.

https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-h...ed-cyborg/amp/

So I was reading this and I find myself disagreeing with this; I don't think Johns "fixed" Cyborg here. In fact, I'd say what Johns did was antithetical to Vic's development. I want to know what you guys think.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think this is probably the most time spent focused on his origin in an adaption. Four episodes in and he's not even going by Cyborg yet.

I did kind of wonder if Vic might take over Halo's job of getting brutally mauled every 3 episodes or so. I think his mutilation after the accident was why they didn't kill Halo again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    YJ Cyborg reminds me of how Wolfman wrote him which is a good thing imo.
    I think this is probably the closest we've gotten to Wolfman/Perez Cyborg in an adaption.

This was perfect! Exactly, how I thought it would look. Love this design and I don't think anything really needs to change. When Vic becomes Cyborg the best thing they can do is give him a suit that matches the overall esthetic of traditional Cyborg's vibe. People forget that improving technology isn't adding on more clunky and bulky parts. It's making it more streamline and improving the technology within to work better , faster, and at a higher efficiency.

Well Done Young Justice Team! WELL DONE!

DC COMICs.... Step up you game and please give us THIS Cyborg in the comics. I would buy the crap out of it!
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-26-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/abandoned-love-h...ed-cyborg/amp/

So I was reading this and I find myself disagreeing with this; I don't think Johns "fixed" Cyborg here. In fact, I'd say what Johns did was antithetical to Vic's development. I want to know what you guys think.
    That entire article is a joke. It didn't fix anything. It just meant that Vic has to go through the same tropes over and over again. Characters should progress. Cyborg keeps going backwards.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This was perfect! Exactly, how I thought it would look. Love this design and I don't think anything really needs to change. When Vic becomes Cyborg the best thing they can do is give him a suit that matches the overall esthetic of traditional Cyborg's vibe. People forget that improving technology isn't adding on more clunky and bulky parts. It's making it more streamline and improving the technology within to work better , faster, and at a higher efficiency.

Well Done Young Justice Team! WELL DONE!

DC COMICs.... Step up you game and please give us THIS Cyborg in the comics. I would buy the crap out of it!
    Really hope that’s the final design and he doesn’t look like a robot if he ever appears again.