Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 265
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really hope that’s the final design and he doesn’t look like a robot if he ever appears again.
    It probably is. We saw the explosion did not destroy his entire body.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really hope thatís the final design and he doesnít look like a robot if he ever appears again.
    I agree! This design is the best version of Cyborg we have ever had.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Definitely his best look. I just hope his nanites spread throughout his body (but still be flesh tone) so his right arm can morph too.

  4. #64
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,155

    Default

    I really doubt his final design is going to keep him wearing a hoodie.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really doubt his final design is going to keep him wearing a hoodie.
    Probably not. I like the character as is right now and would perfectly fine with him wearing his current garb. I mean Superboy said no capes and no tights to which he stuck to so the same might be the case for Cy. However, I do see an argument that he may get a super suit as well.

    I just don't want the tech to expand any more that it is on him. If Upgrades are made I would rather them be improvements internally on output, efficiency, and power, then him turning back into Boxy the robot.

    To me his current YJ design is perfect. The tech side of him gives off enough of that Super aspect I look for in a character. While the rest of him gives me the vibe that he could stand with League or the other Heroes without seeming to much like the "freak" of the week in the group. To me he looks like if he was older could have been standing among the New 52 League and not get much kick back. YJ Cyborg, currently, is the Icon we should have gotten. If only we could turn back time :/
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Thought you guys might enjoy this:
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  7. #67
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Probably not. I like the character as is right now and would perfectly fine with him wearing his current garb. I mean Superboy said no capes and no tights to which he stuck to so the same might be the case for Cy. However, I do see an argument that he may get a super suit as well.
    It's funny you say that because I kind of get the sense their moving Superboy to taking on a more official costume with his shirts getting consistently trashed and Brion making a comment about how he might need one, especially as he's trying to be more like Superman.

    It would be a good way of differentiating between Cyborg the reluctant hero and Cyborg the Superhero.
    To me his current YJ design is perfect. The tech side of him gives off enough of that Super aspect I look for in a character. While the rest of him gives me the vibe that he could stand with League or the other Heroes without seeming to much like the "freak" of the week in the group. To me he looks like if he was older could have been standing among the New 52 League and not get much kick back. YJ Cyborg, currently, is the Icon we should have gotten. If only we could turn back time :/
    I think he'd look really out-of-place next to the League in that hoodie ..

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny you say that because I kind of get the sense their moving Superboy to taking on a more official costume with his shirts getting consistently trashed and Brion making a comment about how he might need one, especially as he's trying to be more like Superman.

    It would be a good way of differentiating between Cyborg the reluctant hero and Cyborg the Superhero.

    I think he'd look really out-of-place next to the League in that hoodie ..
    They might move Superboy into a costume but right now I only see that happening if he actually takes the Superman mantel or if he was encouraged by Superman in some way.

    I also think the hoodie/or a hoodie could work. YJ could add some more detail elements to him and it would be fine. Again if he was older. I mean look at their version of Static




    This isn't a costume. However, he to looks good enough to belong in the League in my opinion. Which makes me think that well thought out clothing could work.

    I really, really, really don't want to see that boxy element of Cyborg to return. The more robot then man element of Cyborg has always been the factor that made him the most boring and least likable of version of the character. The current design looks slick while at the same time heroic.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-27-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  9. #69
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I have a genuine interest in Cyborg. If only DC did, too.

    A techno-path in the age of technology. It's almost too easy. Seems we just need a great writer who cares to advance the concept of what Cyborg is today. From the visuals, to the powerset, to the storyline and beyond.

    Can he show more flesh as he has in the past? It's all tech anyway so, why not? Can he be more than just a former football player? Does he carry any celebrity? Any business endeavors? Love interests? Let's answer some questions.
    Both David Walker and and John Semper have done that (one nice thing the latter did was establish Vic had a background in video/computer gaming and game programing, including a gamer/game-programmer friend to boot, so he wasn't just a typical "football star" during his high school days). Rather it seems that DC's higher ups are the general collection of writers aren't interested in allowing the things they did with Cyborg to flourish past their respective runs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

    I don't think this is his final design. I think we're going to see him transform into Cyborg over the course of the next four episodes.

    There's a preview image of him that has his arm and face looking more metallic:

    While such a progression for Vic's appearance is not a surprising course of events, I think the general point is that, hopefully, Vic's "final" Cyborg look will be one of slickness and sleekness, akin to what many feel a modern-day Vic/Cyborg with the kind of tec he's running with should loo like. And I get the feeling that's the kind of look Young Justice's Cyborg is headed towards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    I really hope that he just doesn't up turning into a walking tank like the comic version. From the design so far I like that he doesn't look 95% machine and 5% human. Hopefully for the show they use the idea of him changing his appearance as needed for the situation like with the Ivan Reiss design from the Walker run.
    One direction of progression I would like for Cyborg in YJ is for him to unlock this ability as he gains more proficiency with his powers, along with more acceptance over who he has now become. I think that would make for a cool juxtaposed element to Cyborg's character progression.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    They might move Superboy into a costume but right now I only see that happening if he actually takes the Superman mantel or if he was encouraged by Superman in some way.

    I also think the hoodie/or a hoodie could work. YJ could add some more detail elements to him and it would be fine. Again if he was older. I mean look at their version of Static.

    This isn't a costume. However, he to looks good enough to belong in the League in my opinion. Which makes me think that well thought out clothing could work.

    I really, really, really don't want to see that boxy element of Cyborg to return. The more robot then man element of Cyborg has always been the factor that made him the most boring and least likable of version of the character. The current design looks slick while at the same time heroic.
    While I do think they are or will progress Vic into a more Superhero-esque look for Cyborg, especially once he takes up the name, I would be find with it, provided they keep this level slick, sleek aesthetic in mind for his evolved appearance.

    Virgil/Static is kind of an exception, and I guess Wonder Girl, too. Even Superboy, as mentioned, feels like they are foreshadowing him taking up a more traditional Superhero look.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-27-2019 at 10:45 PM.

  10. #70
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    They might move Superboy into a costume but right now I only see that happening if he actually takes the Superman mantel or if he was encouraged by Superman in some way.
    Which kind of feels like where they're heading this season.

    I also think the hoodie/or a hoodie could work. YJ could add some more detail elements to him and it would be fine. Again if he was older. I mean look at their version of Static




    This isn't a costume. However, he to looks good enough to belong in the League in my opinion. Which makes me think that well thought out clothing could work.
    I like Virgil's costume but it's definitely a "Teen hero Team look" and not something I think would fit on the League.

    But that's just my opinion.
    I really, really, really don't want to see that boxy element of Cyborg to return. The more robot then man element of Cyborg has always been the factor that made him the most boring and least likable of version of the character. The current design looks slick while at the same time heroic.
    I don't think they'll go as boxy as his Animated Feature design. Probably more like his DCYou look, which I think is much more heroic then Vic as he looks now.

  11. #71
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Thought you guys might enjoy this:
    I’ve read articles which state that the next phase of human evolution is cybernetics. It’s one of the main reasons why I think Cyborg could be a very important and relevant superhero. What once was science fiction is becoming reality. But it also raises yet another problem with DC’s handling of Vic. His look is dated because real life cybernetics can look seamlessly human. Sadly DC keeps Cyborg looking like a 90s robot.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ve read articles which state that the next phase of human evolution is cybernetics. It’s one of the main reasons why I think Cyborg could be a very important and relevant superhero. What once was science fiction is becoming reality. But it also raises yet another problem with DC’s handling of Vic. His look is dated because real life cybernetics can look seamlessly human. Sadly DC keeps Cyborg looking like a 90s robot.
    This.

    A large problem with Vic is that time is moving at a pretty fast past to catching up with him. If the character does not have elements that keep him fresh and appealing Vic will soon be obsolete. Which is just another reason why I am against the overly metalic boxy designs. To me those do not feel heroic they just highlight how bland and boring the character can be.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which kind of feels like where they're heading this season.


    I like Virgil's costume but it's definitely a "Teen hero Team look" and not something I think would fit on the League.


    But that's just my opinion.

    I don't think they'll go as boxy as his Animated Feature design. Probably more like his DCYou look, which I think is much more heroic then Vic as he looks now.
    I think it would work enough. I mean Zatara and Zatanna don't have traditional costumes. And I never seen them out of place with the league because it fit there theme. Cyborg's theme is that of an Athlete who is combined with cybernetic technology. DC and Young Justice should play that aspect up by having him wear a ,Cyborg trademarked, Athletic wear. Clothes/uniform that undeniably says "this is Cyborg" while still looking more like athletic wear. The YJ look now fits that to a T.

    Here is a Full cut of YJ Becoming Cyborg for those unable to see it.

    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-28-2019 at 03:39 AM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  14. #74
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Cyborg is interesting case because a interesting hero right there waiting to be used but they never quite execute it. I will put my thoughts as bullet points


    -Cyborg origin story is at this point in a way "Iconic",That is the first half of the battle in successful hero. We have seen it been told couple of times in recent years. Star Athlete, Star labs, Angry with his father, An accident happens, His father use tech to save him, He becomes the hero Cyborg. He has tragedy that good superheroes seem to have and clear origin story.

    -They need clearly cement his hero motivation if they want him as solo hero aka his uncle ben moment. It doesn't need to be tragedy just a clear "why" he is a hero.

    - Young Justice Cyborg all fixes the rebirth/Nu52 cyborg issue which is a simple connection to the Titans character. I think that has been one of the bigger failure that missing support system and it makes him join the Justice League as green rookie who is wallpaper. I view Cyborg as Lebron James and if you put him in the Justice League it is because in universe they(superheroes) see that he is next up. So when he joins the Justice League he is rookie on that team but also a phenomenon(because he was great upcoming hero on titans) that everyone see can be great. In comics there is never a need for passing of the torch but if DC wants him to be big time successful just think of Lebron/ Michael Jordan convos. With the right type of push you could get Superman/Cyborg convos.

    - In a shared universe they shouldn't be too much worry about Rogue's Gallery,I would bet money that casual fans and some hard comic fans couldn't name Black Panther villains before the movie came out. Yes villains help cement the top heroes but they are good solid hero without an amazing rogue gallery a great example is Deadpool who is his arch villain? You can lean shared universe while you build up a gallery. I remember reading Cyborg and them coming up with one awful generic tech villain after another why not borrow Brainiac or Cyborg Superman? Why not borrow Thinker? A plus I think with Titans history is that he could lean on some of those villians in a solo.

    - The young justice design is a sign they might understand what the next step forward is with Cyborg. Cyborg doesn't need to go fully clunky tin man they can go slick man and machine combo. I would go one step further with Cyborg I would have clear human mode and clear Cyborg superhero mode. I think this biggest step forward that can be made in Cyborg story is saying this " Cyborg condition is not a only tragedy,Cyborg condition is a also blessing". Yeah you can have the I am "man or machine" thing but key to long term success is people going "I want to be Cyborg". Literally the one of the biggest heroes in the world today is Cyborg aka Extremis /Bleed edge Iron Man. The current Iron Man is isn't human and model of what you can do with Cyborg

    - Cyborg doesn't need to be deformed not feel like a human, Black Widow in MCU shows a perfect example of character who looks perfect normal but feels like a monster because she can't do normal human things. I think they need to take more of that approach with Cyborg than his exterior they are more than enough things to cover like can he have kids, he is going to outlive everyone he loves because of his body, not sleeping or eating in the traditional way.

    -Clearly DC like Cyborg and wants to push him because he keeps getting chances. I think they recognize that he is "The Modern Superhero archetype" but they stop instead going all in with the power fantasy of what he can do. I think Cyborg powers should be Amalgam of three superheroes Livewire(Cyberpathy) , War Machine( The high tech big gun weapon) and Mr Terrific(high genius level intellect). One of cool thing about top DC heroes they feel like tales of Modern Gods. You are in awe of what they can do and Cyborg should feel the same way.


    -Nostalgia is going to be enemy with his design. Some person is always going to think the clunky old design is classic and they need to go back to that.

    - The Cyborg(Teen titans and Teen Titan Go) that many people like is happy you need to have in the character

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Eh...I think having Cyborg to be able to switch back and forth from Human to Cyborg would be a mistake.

    The key story to the character is being somewhat disfigured and part machine. That's the base of what makes the character Iconic. YJ get's Cyborg right because it understands those elements but still makes his design unique and cool to look at but not forgetting that his "cyborgness" can still be a slight curse to the individual. It's a balance that they seem to have mastered.

    You take that away and he is just a weaker version of Iron Man concept/story wise.

    I also feel powerwise Cyborg should go back to the days when he first appeared in the original Teen Titans or how they current seem to be handling him in Young Justice. With the only additives being to connect to the internet and machines on a global scale and possibly Boom Tube Teleportation that we got in the New 52.

    Cyborg shouldn't be OP but a balanced super hero who pushes himself to overcome obstacles and difficulty.(which plays back into him being an athlete) Thats what originally made him a popular and well loved hero when he was first created in the Titians. Pretty much everything done in the new 52 spat in the face of that and made him boring to read. Which I think had a large part in why the character has yet to take of again in the comics.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-28-2019 at 06:41 AM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •