Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Then Vic becomes another version of ROBOTMAN.

There is nothing wrong with Vic having apparent cybernetic parts. That's what makes him a "cyborg", not to mention that he is a stand-in as a representative of those people who have prosthetic parts, stemming from various injuries. The problem, IMO, was that Vic had, for a long time, seen his cybernetics as a handicap, not to mention the fact that the so-called bulky-look is outdated. I prefer a stream-lined cybernetic look for a Vic who is confident in his own self. That's the way forward.
    Don't really agree with that but different opinions and whatnot.
    What I'll say though is there are multiple (similar) Bat characters, Super charaters, Lanterns and Flashes.
    Think DC (and fans) will be okay with Vic being "similar" to another character.

Chalk it up to personal preference.
    Don't think he needs to wear a plaque that says "cyborg" on it. Will Smith in I,Robot comes to mind. Even Cyborg in Smallville...
    Wouldn't even mind if his current look (well the streamlined version from a couple of years back) is his superhero look and a "civilian" guise more in tune with my first post.
    It would propably remove the "mopey battling with my humanity crutch" that seems to overshadow every story.

Easy answer

"So I recently upgraded my system, my cybernetics are covered by a holofield, only problem is when I use my powers it has to shut it off because its an energy drain"

Vic was absolutely amazing in the last 3 episodes of YJ, that's how you do it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Vic was absolutely amazing in the last 3 episodes of YJ, that's how you do it.
    That Booyah was well-earned .

And fans of the DCYou look will be happy with his final costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Booyah was well-earned .

And fans of the DCYou look will be happy with his final costume.
    And I was!

The last three episodes were absolute winners. Vic was well done. I hadn’t realized that he didn’t already have his code name. I look forward to where they take him in season 4.

Spectacular Member

Presented so much better than he has in the comics. Also love them, capitalizing on his new god connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    And I was!

The last three episodes were absolute winners. Vic was well done. I hadn’t realized that he didn’t already have his code name. I look forward to where they take him in season 4.
    I think someone called him a cyborg but this was the first time he used it as a codename.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Presented so much better than he has in the comics. Also love them, capitalizing on his new god connections.
    Ironically being more in-line with his New Teen Titans depiction compared to the modern stuff.

Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I saw episode 24 yesterday, Vic owned it.

BOOYAH!!!!!!

what what's this? sleek, streamlined cybernetics and suit, with clear human/flesh areas?! A balance between mechanical and human elements? inconceivable! I like this design, it's a little busy but not more so than the overly bulky tank look he often gets saddled with nowadays. My only complaint is, I really wish DC would come off this grey/red color scheme with Vic and stick to a grey/white/blue color scheme, the red feels too evocative of things like Terminators and Robo-Cop.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-30-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    what what's this? sleek, streamlined cybernetics and suit, with clear human/flesh areas?! A balance between mechanical and human elements? inconceivable! I like this design, it's a little busy but not more so than the overly bulky tank look he often gets saddled with nowadays. My only complaint is, I really wish DC would come off this grey/red color scheme with Vic and stick to a grey/white/blue color scheme, the red feels too evocative of things like Terminators and Robo-Cop.
    I completely agree, I've always favored the blue over red. I know it's just the color that makes me think this but the red always makes it seems like he's about to turn evil. This design is damn near perfect to me though.

That’s pretty awesome. So glad they used the Reis design for inspiration. Still not a fan of the red lines. Seem pretty needless. So Doom Patrol and Young Justice have given us good portrayals/designs of Vic. Waiting on you DC.

Totally agree. His color scheme should be grey, white, and blue.

I'm glad Bourassa actually gave him a different look instead of just wholesale re-using his bulky movie design. Especially given how often he's done otherwise.

I wish they would have put his symbol on his chest. Maybe next season.

Incredible Member

It's interesting to discover that the armored look of Vic Stone (both Rebirth and New 52) wasn't well received. I think it's bad ass (outside of the half covered face). The movie design hurt my eyes and the current JL: Odyssey design is not my cup of tea but it's become a bit more tolerable lately. Although i enjoyed Vic in YJ: Outsiders he still has the covered face.

Fack.

Almost *shrugs*
    Don't complain. Create.