Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If they want to protect the hanna barbera ip they are doing a awful job. From hanging barney ruble and blowing yogi bears head off in robot chicken to any episode of Harvey birdman (who is back in a new show) on their own "kids" network.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-22-2019 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Are WB looking to do something with these character anytime soon? Because WB WASN'T DOING ANYTHING with the Hanna Barbera properties anyway. All they do is reboot Scooby-Doo every damn couple years. Like, WB isn't even doing anything with the Looney Tunes property.
    yeah they have a whole animated HB film franchise planned. Starting with "S.C.O.O.B."
    https://www.slashfilm.com/hanna-barb...atic-universe/

So they kill the dc comics hanna Barbara line due to they are upset over the adult aimed versions of them but then they put Harvey birdman who has them doing adult things back on in a new show and now they are making the banana splits a horror movie in what is clearly a five nights at freddys rip-off.

What's wrong with the ones in charge of hanna Barbara right now at wb?

https://tvline.com/2019/02/19/the-ba...-horror-movie/

Are WB looking to do something with these character anytime soon? Because WB WASN'T DOING ANYTHING with the Hanna Barbera properties anyway. All they do is reboot Scooby-Doo every damn couple years. Like, WB isn't even doing anything with the Looney Tunes property.
    They are turning them into a scary movie and making sex jokes on birdman.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-20-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

I have zero doubt that the 'adult themes' they were concerned about existed mainly in Snagglepus.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    I have zero doubt that the 'adult themes' they were concerned about existed mainly in Snagglepus.
    I wouldn't take the other side of that wager. It's really too bad, Flinstones is a GDAT, and is probably the best work of sequential fiction published in the past 20 years. The last series that drew me in to that degree was Preacher. I didn't get much from Snagglepuss, but Russell's Porky Pig/Lex Luthor crossover was MONEY.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Recently, WB Animation did produced the NEW LOONEY TUNES and later the rebooted version of H-B's WACKY RACES series, both currently seen on Boomerang.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

But you are right that people who control IP want to protect it, and in this case WB/HB are probably testing the market for their IP and an analysis shows that the mature line of comics is working against whatever image is needed to sell these brands to the target audience that any prospective licensees cater to.
    My guess is that WB wants the Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera characters to be more family friendly again with the upcoming Scooby movie and Space Jam 2.

They have Harvey birdman coming back so that can't be true.

"Oh no Snagglepuss is gay in this comic, better burn down this deal" sounds just like the kind of corporate stupidity I'd expect from WB.

New "adult aimed" flintstone cartoon in the works. So the dc comics version? Good thing they killed that to protect the brand.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/fli...ks-1203264684/

also--

They sure are doing a great job protecting the hanna barbera brand for kids.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    New "adult aimed" flintstone cartoon in the works. So the dc comics version? Good thing they killed that to protect the brand.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/fli...ks-1203264684/

also--

They sure are doing a great job protecting the hanna barbera brand for kids.
    Doesn’t this lead credence that this is just a bunch of bullshit?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Booooo. Those reinventions have been really creative.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    "Oh no Snagglepuss is gay in this comic, better burn down this deal" sounds just like the kind of corporate stupidity I'd expect from WB.
    Took them a while though. What took them so long?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    I wouldn't take the other side of that wager. It's really too bad, Flinstones is a GDAT, and is probably the best work of sequential fiction published in the past 20 years.
    Flintstones was ridiculously good. Sadly, I think few were interested in a Flintstones book written this smartly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Flintstones was ridiculously good. Sadly, I think few were interested in a Flintstones book written this smartly.
    Flintstones is a tough call. The stories I hear were awesome (haven't read them) but from what I've heard, put that series more in line with the original couple of years of Flintstones on prime time with content updated for standards now as opposed to more than a half century ago. The problem some people (me among them) was that the art was more realistic and the characters didn't look like they did in the cartoon. Of course with a cartoon look, it's tougher to sell a more adult story.