Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Would you care if Diana's main love interest was a woman?

Hopefully, we could leave shipping out of this somehow because I don't want to rub the SteveTrevor or Super/Wonder shippers the wrong way. Writers have played with the idea of her not being straight or her not thinking the same way we would about sexuality/gender because she grew up on Themyscira but none of them have ever really come out ( no pun intended) with it and show Diana in a relationship with a woman. Would her having a primary female love interest bother you? Would you care if she was written as a lesbian all together?

I kind of feel as though the fact that her and Steve is still relatively new after being absent for over 3 decades and because S/W was short lived it wouldn't matter very much to most people unless they just don't like the idea of her being lesbian or bi.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-31-2019 at 11:08 PM.

I've shipped Diana with Artemis and Io, so, no it wouldn't bother me.

DC and the Wonder Woman writers have been beating around the bush for too long here. Past time they showed Diana in a romantic relation with a woman.

We just got Steve back... I just wanna enjoy it for a while...

Incredible Member

I'd care in the sense that such a development is MOST WELCOME and ridiculously LONG OVERDUE!

I have nothing against Steve Trevor. And, if he'd gotten the same kind of consistent, long-term attention and development that Catwoman, Talia, Lois Lane, Mera, etc have received then I would probably be more resistant to him losing his place as Diana's love interest. But, he's not a fixture (in that role) in my mind for all Wonder Woman stories.

I wouldn't care if Diana was written as a lesbian (as opposed to bisexual or pansexual), but I don't think such a development would be consistent with her character. Sure, she may have been ... situationally a lesbian on Themyscira because her only possible love interests were women, but I think she'd be more open minded in man's world. And that's not limiting her to male (or female) humans. I think she'd potentially be open to pursuing a relationship with mystical beings, aliens and all sorts of other non-humans which populate the DC universe wherever they sit on the gender / binary spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    We just got Steve back... I just wanna enjoy it for a while...
    Why would Diana dating a woman mean Steve disappears?

I’ve been for DC to actually show off Diana’s bisexuality instead of just paying lip service to it for years.

BANNED

I wonder if her bisexuality was ever acted upon would her relationship with Donna and Cassie be misconstrued just like Batman and Robin's was by some.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

As long as Steve's role in her overall history is maintained, I wouldn't have a problem with it. The idea of a modern man coming to this isolated island of women and causing Diana to want to investigate the outside world is fundamental to the character in my view.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Why not give Hippolyta, Donna, Artemis, Cheetah a permanent female lover instead of bringing in a token Female Character to replace Steve for some time.

I would also be cool with elsewhere stories where she has a female lover.

Extraordinary Member

Aphrodite magic to turn Steve into a Stephanie?

Totally cool with it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Why not give Hippolyta, Donna, Artemis, Cheetah a permanent female lover instead of bringing in a token Female Character to replace Steve for some time.

I would also be cool with elsewhere stories where she has a female lover.
    Currently Hippolyta is in a relationship with Phillipus.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why would Diana dating a woman mean Steve disappears?
    I meant as the love interest. Unless you want Di dating two people at once.. which would be interesting

I’m all for someone Di dated back on the island as a Lana Lang type in flashbacks or year one stories but Steve is her Lois Lane
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 01-22-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I meant as the love interest. Unless you want Di dating two people at once.. which would be interesting

I’m all for someone Di dated back on the island as a Lana Lang type in flashbacks or year one stories but Steve is her Lois Lane
    Steve's arguably closer to her Lana Lang than her Lois. In most continuities they don't end up together at all, including the recent movie.

I'd care if she wasn't interested in men at all (except in alternate universes), but I'm fine with her dating women.