Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    I wouldn't mind. The only thing I would care about is if they retconed Diana to be totally Lesbian. I think Diana and the Amazons in general are more fluid in their sexuality compared to the rest of the world.

Maybe just for kicks, Black Label should have Stjepan Sejic do a Sunstone style mini series/one-shot of Diana and Cheetah in a relationship.
    I'm really over villain/hero pairings at this point. I'd rather see Diana/Io, or the one who got a mention in Rucka's Year One.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I still want to see Diana/Mala.

It would depend on the woman. Other than that I have no objection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    A lot of Amazons had husbands before the Island.
    Did they? I have so completely lost track of "the origin of the Amazons" that I have no idea whether this is true or false.

I remember an old (GA or early SA) story in which they grieve their lost husbands. Perez's Amazons certainly didn't seem to have ever had any husbands. Azzarello's - no way! And currently...?
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    It would depend on the woman. Other than that I have no objection.

Did they? I have so completely lost track of "the origin of the Amazons" that I have no idea whether this is true or false.

I remember an old (GA or early SA) story in which they grieve their lost husbands. Perez's Amazons certainly didn't seem to have ever had any husbands. Azzarello's - no way! And currently...?
    Perez's Amazons were all re-born spirits of women who had been killed/abused by men. Although it wasn't ever stated, it's a reasonable assumption that a good percentage of them (based on statistics) would have been heterosexual/bisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post

Current continuity? I'm not sure (who can keep track of that these days?). But generally speaking? Yeah, most versions have the Amazons involved with men at one point or another. A lot of versions have the whole "all the men were killed in Greece pre-Island" origin, Perez did the "victims of DV" thing, etc.

It's about as consistent as anything in Diana's mythos, so not very consistent at all, and maybe if someone sat down and did the math the results would be different but I feel like the majority of Amazon origins do set them up as having relationships with men at various points in the past.

Though now that I consider it, the Perez thing does have the women reborn, so their original sexuality might not transfer. Never cared for that whole thing anyway; seemed a weird and convoluted way to go about things. I appreciate what he was trying to do but it just felt clunky and clumsy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I still want to see Diana/Mala.
    It already happen in Earth One. I don’t know if her main love interest should be a man. I mean why? Not all Amazons were lesbian or bi.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If not Steve, I'd be fine with them giving Artemis or Io a shot.

Diana/Barbara SHOULD have been a thing pre-Cheetah and I think Rucka wanted it but got vetoed, hence the weird and kind of random Barbara/Etta thing.
    And now She-Ra has beatin Diana to the punch, with her relationships with Catra.

Just so long as it's a character from WW's history (Io, Mala, Artemis, Barbara Minerva, etc) rather than someone else from the DC universe and not an original character created by the author who'd be writing it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-06-2020 at 01:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Just so long as it's a character from WW's history (Io, Mala, Artemis, Barbara Minerva, etc) rather than someone else from the DC universe and not an original character created by the author who'd be writing it.
    What if it’s someone from mythology?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm surprised GWW didn't break Diana and Steve up for Maggie to be with her the way that she was shoehorned into every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What if it’s someone from mythology?
    That'd fall under author's OC character for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm surprised GWW didn't break Diana and Steve up for Maggie to be with her the way that she was shoehorned into every issue.
    Didn't read past Wilson's first arc but with everything I heard that followed that's what I was expecting would be the end result.

From reading the Golden Age WW omnibuses, I think it would be easy to believe Diana and Paula Von Gunter were in a relationship.

I don’t know should Clark and Bruce have gay love interest? The thing is Diana’s love life generally has been shown to be more into
    Men. Than again Marston did seem to shown some queer sexuality with the Amazons. The issue is why change her sexuality? She only been least hinted to be bi in certain writers run. Dc has changed so much about her and other characters. From Alan Scott to Changing Wally’s race

Steve was to be Diana’s love interest. It was shown multiple times. We already have issues with how Dc can’t treat Diana or her supporting cast right. Why add a new love interest. Dc keeps changing things but nothing works
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-06-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

I'd rather WW main love interest be a man!! I have no interest in WW main love interest being a woman!!

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I'd rather WW main love interest be a man!! I have no interest in WW main love interest being a woman!!
    Yeah, we heard you the first 300 times.