Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Retired

I think that a lot of people feel Mala was Diana's first love interest. It would make a good story. You would think that Diana would grow up just naturally thinking she would end up with another woman one day, because that was the world all around her and such a thing as a man was not in the pcture. And she must have had friendships with other girls (if there were other girls on the island).

BANNED

Would i be bothered ? No, i would even get the book to see two beautiful women make out... But that would be so controversial... She's not just any character, She's from the big three, THE TRINITY !!! lol Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. People would go nuts, something marketed also to children which has influance on them would guide them to some different experiances... lol OMG the back leash... I would love that but if i had a daughter, i wouldn't let her read bisexual Wonder Woman.

Daughter: Papa, can i have this ?
    Me: Let me look at it honey hmm.... holy moly... woah...
    Daughter: what is it papa ?
    Me: uhm...it was wild honey... how about we get an ice cream instead...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Would i be bothered ? No, i would even get the book to see two beautiful women make out... But that would be so controversial... She's not just any character, She's from the big three, THE TRINITY !!! lol Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. People would go nuts, something marketed also to children which has influance on them would guide them to some different experiances... lol OMG the back leash... I would love that but if i had a daughter, i wouldn't let her read bisexual Wonder Woman.

Daughter: Papa, can i have this ?
    Me: Let me look at it honey hmm.... holy moly... woah...
    Daughter: what is it papa ?
    Me: uhm...it was wild honey... how about we get an ice cream instead...

lol
    Diana kissing a woman doesn't have to be anything too raunchy. It can be perfectly normal and chaste for a child to see. LGBT content is already being marketed to kids. Steven Universe and Andi Mack just to name examples.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If not Steve, I'd be fine with them giving Artemis or Io a shot.

Diana/Barbara SHOULD have been a thing pre-Cheetah and I think Rucka wanted it but got vetoed, hence the weird and kind of random Barbara/Etta thing.

With the Amazons probably coming back as regular features of the book, I hope Wilson brings back Kaisia, if only to see what they are like as friends. I'd also like to see her interact with Steve.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Besides she grew up on an island that literally had nothing but women on it so I’d be surprised if she wasn’t attracted to women. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Retired

I thought it was already established that Diana is bisexual. Has she gone back in the closet again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought it was already established that Diana is bisexual. Has she gone back in the closet again?
    From a standpoint of the text, all we have had is a few hints and references. She has never been shown unambigiously and on camera with a girlfriend, past or present, as far as I know.

I like Steve and his history in the title and the dynamic between the two of them, when done “right,” but I’m open to the soap opera of the two of them breaking up and having romances with other characters from time to time before coming back together.

That said, we’ve had so little time, like DECADES, with Steve as her paramour, that I’d love to say that get played up and played out for a few years at least as a way to strengthen his character.

Similarly, I’m open to Superman and Lois having problems in paradise from time to time too.

Nah ... I like her straight and with Steve or Clark

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yes, not because it's a woman, but because Steve Trevor is bae.
    Oh, there's one thing about a woman that I'm against, is because there are not enough gentlemen in distress love interest. Even Steve is badass. Just overshadowed by a superpower love interest.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-24-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Steve Trevor already exist so I don't see the point of this question. General audiences who saw the movie and the TV show know Diana cares for him quite a bit.

Now in the comics I don't mind if Diana has a female love interest since she's supposed to be bisexual. I just don't expect to see that aspect in the live action films any time soon, though. It would turn off a lot of parents with young children, imo. Best to keep it safe.

It's probably long overdue in the comics given all the groundwork they have laid for it over the years. I'll second the call for a reunion with Kasia if she gets back to Paradise Island in GWW run.

I don't see them going beyond the oblique references in the movies though. Be bold and welcome if they did. But unlikely. The hint of her being bisexual in the first movie is probably as far as they will take it. I'd expect more little nods like that in the second.

When it comes to WW84, we have to remember that Patty Jenkins's first movie was Monster and that she wrote the preface to the "Love Is Love" anthology (where sadly the Wonder Woman story was one of the worst). One of the stage photos also shows that WW84 has a reference to an LGBT symbol used during the AIDS crisis. (Granted, the poster shown didn't appear until 1987, but who cares.) So I wouldn't be surprised if one of more LGBT issues are prominent in the movie.

5oufypzc9t311.jpg

I think international distribution concerns also unfortunately keep things indirect like that though. Doesn't China still censor LBTQ content pretty heavily?

I wouldn't mind it IF it wasn't done for the shocking value, which is usually the norm for DC and especially Wonder Woman.

To be fair, Rucka's rebirth wasn't done in that way and caused a lot of controversy nonetheless.

But I do think they should go there with a good writer who can tell the story in a sensitive way. Flashbacks in the island with Kasia is the best option for me. Maybe setting the stage for a further meeting when she can return to the island (which seems to be about to happen).

Also, I do think that Steve should be her main love interest.